Sign in to follow this  
theeternalstars

Lana Del Rey nominated for International Solo Female Artist at the BRIT Awards 2016

and then the next episode we find out Lana did not attend. But some people meet her on the street and she tells them how she's "sick" *wink*

Sonically she just didn't feel it was right to go.

qsVmBMd.png

Her European tour (incl. UK) was sold out! She played arenas, dear! She had #1 singles and both albums were at the top 10 UK album charts. I would not call this a flop...

Oh sorry, i just remember a friend that went to London and he told me not many people knew her lol

Omg I just saw All About That Bass vid got more than 1 billion views this is insane I never would have thought. When will the poor sis. So I guess she's huge concurrence actually?

I think BRITs are slightly better than the Grammys for giving awards based on artistic merit rather than purely commercial success so you never know :)

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I do hope Meaghan Trainor has saved her money.

She sings a song about her big ass and it is nothing more than a novelty song.

I think Andy Warhol applies to Trainor. Her 15 minutes are about up.

Radio and media is somewhat different in the US and overseas.

And I think Adele is in for a surprise in the US in the 2017 Grammy's.

David Bowie will probably win album of the year, record of the year, song of the year next year

(Adele is not eligible for the 2016 grammy's but is in the 2017 Brit awards based on different eligibility years.)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

This is a surprise nomination. It seemed to me that no one cared about her anymore in the UK

Not true in fact she has somewhat still got a reasonably large fanbase here in the UK. Her popularity has definetly shrunken through but that's due to the fact she doesn't tour or dose barely any promo here which is a shame Because UK and Europe in general loved Lana alot more than US back in the Pre/Post BTD Era of her career. Her HM album sales are still decent here too though there were nothing like BTD or UV.

The nomination was a complete surprise though I really think she might win BC the other nominees body of works are really weak in comparison to HM...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Not true in fact she has somewhat still got a reasonably large fanbase here in the UK. Her popularity has definetly shrunken through but that's due to the fact she doesn't tour or dose barely any promo here which is a shame Because UK and Europe in general loved Lana alot more than US back in the Pre/Post BTD Era of her career. Her HM album sales are still decent here too though there were nothing like BTD or UV.

The nomination was a complete surprise though I really think she might win BC the other nominees body of works are really weak in comparison to HM...

The Brits go more for commercial success, not always but mostly.

And how dare you? Meghan is a goddess. Lana wishes!

Watch 'Vulnicura' shatter everyone's hopes and dreams of Lana being awarded anything relevant for Honeymoon.

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

to be honest, i'll be cool with Courtney or Bjork winning that. 

Don't know Courtney, but I'd be completely fine with Björk winning, she really stayed innovative through the years and this record further proves it.

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

leaked vision-- not that you ever had any, but you prove daily you have zippo credibility on music and just value money.

Why even bother with Lana at all and just go on all these other non-entities and Meh artists that make money money money money money money

I do hope Meghan has saved hers because on the Warhol clock, it is about 14:58 with about 2 seconds to go.

And she had so few fans, didn't she cancel her entire tour like Iggy Azaelia did?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

leaked vision-- not that you ever had any, but you prove daily you have zippo credibility on music and just value money.

Why even bother with Lana at all and just go on all these other non-entities and Meh artists that make money money money money money money

I do hope Meghan has saved hers because on the Warhol clock, it is about 14:58 with about 2 seconds to go.

And she had so few fans, didn't she cancel her entire tour like Iggy Azaelia did?

iconic

rihanna-ariana-laugh.gif yas hunty! clapback!