WhiteHydrangea

Lana @ Orange Warsaw Festival 2016 June 3rd

I'm honestly amazed that so many people here talk so much trash about Lana to be "fans" of hers. I get that she's not perfect, and it's totally okay to critique her, but a lot of you all seem to take this authoritative tone with it. @@Flipflopfan, I'm sorry, but your post really rubbed me the wrong way for those reasons-- why can't everyone be thankful she's performing, instead of being petty and saying she has "no excuses"-- uh, I think she has a perfectly good excuse, and it's that SHE'S the artist and WE'RE the fans-- it's her show, and I don't think she needs us to tell her what she's doing wrong.

Critique her, express your disappointments, but don't be a jerk about it. Remember that she's an artist, and instead of always assuming that she's lazy or giving up, perhaps think that maybe this is just what she WANTS to do right now. Only Lana understands her own motivations and choices, and perhaps we all need to take a step back and remember that. 

:bye2:

o4qjp4j.png

I'm honestly amazed that so many people here talk so much trash about Lana to be "fans" of hers. I get that she's not perfect, and it's totally okay to critique her, but a lot of you all seem to take this authoritative tone with it. @@Flipflopfan, I'm sorry, but your post really rubbed me the wrong way for those reasons-- why can't everyone be thankful she's performing, instead of being petty and saying she has "no excuses"-- uh, I think she has a perfectly good excuse, and it's that SHE'S the artist and WE'RE the fans-- it's her show, and I don't think she needs us to tell her what she's doing wrong.

Critique her, express your disappointments, but don't be a jerk about it. Remember that she's an artist, and instead of always assuming that she's lazy or giving up, perhaps think that maybe this is just what she WANTS to do right now. Only Lana understands her own motivations and choices, and perhaps we all need to take a step back and remember that. 

TBHHH 

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

i understand that she got rid of the strings after the paradise / american tour because she didn't really need them for ultraviolence and the endless summer tour but it would be nice if she brought them back again. 

I don't think she will get them before the next tour tho. All of her festival performances basically have the same concept as some tour already had before.

el rey shows -> festivals (eg. hackney, itunes festival...)

paradise / american tour -> festivals (eg. planeta terra, glastonbury, bravalla..)

endless summer tour -> festivals (orange warsaw)

i am a bit excited for that swiss jazz festival though, maybe she does something "more jazzy" for that date.

i76mrxw.png 

I kind of liked Freak. But her vocals were uneven (again) and her stage presence is beyond boring, it's starting to annoy me. She just cannot go beyond this "I'm lost on a stage" or "shy schoolgirl" attitude. LoL at her wearing the same shoes and dress again. Can her be more careless?! Everything looks tired in her show, she's singing without energy and passion. I'm disappointed in her for not improving her live show and I think that she has no excuses anymore to come out with a sub-par stage arrangement, in reused clothes, with no adequate live preparation for her songs (those recorded instrumentals and vocals are cringe-worthy). I have to say that she doesn't deserve her headlining status at Lola or anywhere else

I agree on the lazy part in terms of music performance, but I don't get why you reduce her to looks?

Lana has never been an artist who wears unusual costumes and stuff like that.

I think the reason why people want to see her shows is that she is focused on delivering music on stage.

Most of us just want her to perform other songs.

I don't mind if she wears jeans and a t-shirt as long as she performs well.

But don't you agree that she lost her magic she spread back then while performing live?

She used to appear really energetic, but since last year's tour she kind of looks like bored

But don't you agree that she lost her magic she spread back then while performing live?

She used to appear really energetic, but since last year's tour she kind of looks like bored

I don't really agree, but I'm totally cool with that viewpoint. I think Lana's performance at the festival was great (from the lq vids I've seen), but I think it's fine to think otherwise as long as you're not catty and hateful about it.

o4qjp4j.png

But why would you expect more from her?

You know very well she has no ambition.

Flipflopfan is just constantly unsatisfied with everything Lana does. That is nothing new. 

On a more rational side of things, she needs to be more aware of how important touring and performing live in general is for her career.

I am not speaking of some super-stardom, before anybody gets me wrong, but your perception as an artist and building a legacy for yourself which Lana clearly wants and she wants to be majorly respected and witnessed, hugely depends on your live shows. 

If she wants to overcome the stigma of being an artist with just one big era, she needs to make decisions. One of them is not to make BTD / P being 50-60 % of her setlists. Re-.working songs in a live setting, giving them different arrangements should be another option and of course, claim your new material live on stage. Showcase it, say: Here, this is my new music. This is me now.

At this point, I wouldn't be tempted to see her live simply because I can almost tell you the setlist. And the songs sound way too close to the album versions. 

Yes, she has gotten better as a singer, not by much, but her approach in general needs to change in order to keep people interested. For her legacy but also for economic reasons.

Songs like Carmen or Cola have no place in 2016. And she is 30 years old now. A song like Lolita only, ONLY makes sense if she re-works it and gives it a different perspective on stage. 

A song like Lolita only, ONLY makes sense if she re-works it and gives it a different perspective on stage. 

thats funny bc when i realized she was doing it i was SHOOK  lolita was and always will be a bop and I'm glad she's acknowledging its existence for once since 2012

Just a thought, maybe lana isn't performing many songs from Honeymoon because she doesn't like it as much asa BTD and paradise

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Flipflopfan, on 04 Jun 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

I kind of liked Freak. But her vocals were uneven (again) and her stage presence is beyond boring, it's starting to annoy me. She just cannot go beyond this "I'm lost on a stage" or "shy schoolgirl" attitude. LoL at her wearing the same shoes and dress again. Can her be more careless?! Everything looks tired in her show, she's singing without energy and passion. I'm disappointed in her for not improving her live show and I think that she has no excuses anymore to come out with a sub-par stage arrangement, in reused clothes, with no adequate live preparation for her songs (those recorded instrumentals and vocals are cringe-worthy). I have to say that she doesn't deserve her headlining status at Lola or anywhere else

But Lana has never been the type of performer that amazes people on stage. For that you need to go to a Florence Welch concert. She sings and stands around, just like Adele.

I don't see anything wrong with her re-wearing the same clothes.

The songs set list need to be arranged differently and add some new songs. That I agree with. I'm still shocked about her doing pre-recorded instrumentals of High By The Beach. She has a good band and I'm sure they must have had enough time to figure out how to do a band version of HBTB.

She plays piano and guitar, so why not play a little piano or guitar on stage? She use to before. That would give her performance a little change.

But Lana has never been the type of performer that amazes people on stage. For that you need to go to a Florence Welch concert. She sings and stands around, just like Adele.

I don't see anything wrong with her re-wearing the same clothes.

The songs set list need to be arranged differently and add some new songs. That I agree with. I'm still shocked about her doing pre-recorded instrumentals of High By The Beach.

she does prerecorded instrumentals in virtually all her songs 

She sings and stands around, just like Adele.

Yeah but she's not only Adele, she's THE adele. Her vocal range is great enough to make people amaze without even moving or while shitting onthe bathroom. Lana needs to make her live performance a little bit better, using alternate versions and great live arrangement. She may not sing like Adele or Florence Welch but if she want she can blow people minds performing live.

She's not enjoying it so much i think. It's like Britney while Femme Fatale tour...

Yeah but she's not only Adele, she's THE adele. Her vocal range is great enough to make people amaze without even moving or while shitting onthe bathroom. Lana needs to make her live performance a little bit better, using alternate versions and great live arrangement. She may not sing like Adele or Florence Welch but if she want she can blow people minds performing live.

She's not enjoying it so much i think. It's like Britney while Femme Fatale tour...

If only she would play an instrument on stage like she use to. That would give her an edge.

I'm talking about the band actually playing behind her over those pre-recorded instrumentals. For High By The Beach there was no one there.

byron is playing on keyboard , tom is playing part of the drums part, and the bassist i think is also on a keyboard doing synth sounds