annedauphine

A.K.A. Lizzy Grant - Alternate printable jewelcase

tumblr_o43cbcZCsZ1uh2hnzo5_540.png

LANA DEL RAY PROJECT - PALM TREES IN BLACK AND WHITE 

This project is NOT FOR SALE. I DO NOT claim any rights on any of the information presented and I made this for entertainment purposes only. All images and fonts belong to their owners.

Ok so before starting, I would like to emphasize how happy I am with the result of this project. I had the desire to create a black and white cover for AKA since last July when I started making edits and never had until now the knowledge required to put my idea to reality and I'm honestly really pleased with the result. 

I always thought of AKA in black and white, when I hear the songs I automatically think of them as the soundtrack of a contemporary movie but in black and white, and this is definitely a night record for me so black is really the basis of this project. However, as much as I also see some yellow and gold tones, the association of pink and black (along with, if you know my stuff a tiny bit, pink and blue haha) might be my favourite one and it felt very appropriate for how feminine this record rings to me and I particularly appreciate high contrasts and subtle touches of colour, especially since pure black and white can be monotonous and this record definitely isn't. The original pink used was much redder and brighter but I had to tone it down a lot purely for readability purposes and actually it might be even better.

The cover and jewelcase back pictures both come from the Ultraviolence sampler video, which is probably and to my surprise my favourite video Lana put out. To achieve the effect, I just photographed the screen. I really wanted to use the Coney Island wheel as the cover and not Lizzy's face because as much as this record doesn't only focuses on New York I strongly believe it's the most emblematic monument in the Lana Del Ray landscape (and Rey too, or maybe Château Marmont). It for me represents and synthesise the essence of who Lana was between Lizzy and Del Rey. For the back cover of the jewelcase, and so the very last thing, I chose this precise screencap for two things: palm trees in black and white, for Jump of course, last thing I saw before I died and last thing in the jewelcase, to close it all; and the view of the ocean behind to recall The Ocean, the first song, Kill Kill, and close the loop. I also used my own cover I made for Mermaid Motel from screenshots of the video but without the text, a screenshot from Jump because she looks extremely beautiful imho, and the rest is basically beautiful pics I found on the internet that immediately reminded me of the record and are in the same vein as every AKA project I've seen yet. I also changed the trailer park sign for Yayo picture, the sign said "for sale" and I changed it to Lizzy :) The pictures and the idea of black and white basically are what made me concretize this project which is a slightly different take from the other AKA projects. Lastly, this is also part of a portfolio I'm preparing so I tried to do it as professional, slick and realistic as possible, and as always when I use some numbers, all the legal credits are from the best album ever, Ultraviolence :)

As much as I love making things by myself and I have a very particular vision, I would like to emphasize how much I hugely respect the work of others before me and I would like to especially thank @@Anthem and @@Trash Magic for their astonishing work on the iconic AKA project, which I really admit is a hundred percent the basis of mine, I could never have done this without your work guys thank you SO MUCH, the Photoshop guides saved me! I do believe your vision is the closest thing to what the original record could have been and I'm grateful for that! I also used for the insert one of the pics you provided, that was a great idea of yours :)

If you find any error, PLEASE tell me, I'm going to print it for myself but I'm definitely not sure I got the bleed lines right and I already changed some things since I put it out yesterday so don't hesitate to tell me!

Thank you for reading :party:

DOWNLOAD HERE - if links aren't authorized or not working, please ask me!

FLIP THROUGH BOOKLET HERE

FULL SIZE COVER

tumblr_o43cbcZCsZ1uh2hnzo5_1280.png

PREVIEW IMAGES

tumblr_o43cbcZCsZ1uh2hnzo1_1280.pngtumblr_o43cbcZCsZ1uh2hnzo2_1280.pngtumblr_o43cbcZCsZ1uh2hnzo3_1280.pngtumblr_o43cbcZCsZ1uh2hnzo4_1280.png

BOOKLET PREVIEW

tumblr_o44xt7RwjI1uh2hnzo8_r1_540.png

tumblr_o44xt7RwjI1uh2hnzo5_540.png

tumblr_o44xt7RwjI1uh2hnzo1_540.png

tumblr_o44xt7RwjI1uh2hnzo7_540.png

tumblr_o44xt7RwjI1uh2hnzo2_540.png

tumblr_o44xt7RwjI1uh2hnzo3_540.png

tumblr_o44xt7RwjI1uh2hnzo6_540.png

MOCKUPS (INCLUDING VINYL AND LIMITED EDITION COLOUR VINYL MOCKUPS)

tumblr_o45273USQh1u1j9jfo1_1280.png

tumblr_o451wb1PdJ1uh2hnzo1_1280.pngtumblr_o451wb1PdJ1uh2hnzo2_1280.png

tumblr_o451wb1PdJ1uh2hnzo3_1280.pngtumblr_o451wb1PdJ1uh2hnzo4_1280.png

FINAL PRINTED JEWELCASE

tumblr_o4lt26MsR01uh2hnzo8_1280.pngtumblr_o4lt26MsR01uh2hnzo1_1280.png

tumblr_o4lt26MsR01uh2hnzo2_1280.pngtumblr_o4lt26MsR01uh2hnzo3_1280.pngtumblr_o4lt26MsR01uh2hnzo4_1280.png

FINAL PRINTED BOOKLET

tumblr_o4lt2ibv8C1uh2hnzo3_1280.pngtumblr_o4lt2ibv8C1uh2hnzo1_1280.pngtumblr_o4lt2ibv8C1uh2hnzo4_1280.pngtumblr_o4lt2ibv8C1uh2hnzo2_1280.png

UPDATE: Changed the first page of the booklet.

UPDATE 2: Changed the Mega file for the booklet with correct bleed lines. It's now definitely ready to print :)

UPDATE 3: Changed the Mega file for the insert and jewelcase back. Unfortunately I don't have the skills to redo it properly in InDesign so the text probably will be of a lesser quality than the booklet as it's imported as an image and I didn't knew how to add the cut lines but I figure it wouldn't be too hard to do it once printed with another jewelcase to check. I'm a bit concerned about the size as I couldn't for the life of me figure how to find the correct dimensions on InD but I'm gonna proof print it anyway

UPDATE 4: an angel pointed me that I wrote Kahne as Khane on everything so I'm going to kms but I corrected everything. It's now absolutely done and I need a hug really badly I didn't corrected the flipbook or pictures but the printing stuff is definitely up to date

UPDATE 5: Lmfao I forgot to change the colour of a text block and printed it without noticing. I added the pictures of the final printed product and corrected the files! Everything is perfect now :D

Edited by annedauphine

ZKcaooE.png

You never fail to amaze me with your art, this is truly amazing! Maybe Lana should think about adding you to her design team haha, you always catch the atmosphere of her music really well I think!  :hooker:

Oh my God thank you so much that's really the biggest compliment you could ever tell me, I don't know if I'm worthy of it but I'm deeply touched thank you. I would genuinely self-combust, I went to the site of the company that did the official booklets the other day and almost burst into tears, I care about this more than anything. And I'm so anal, I wouldn't put typos, unlike them :creepna:  Thank you, I have this weird, supremely annoying "rule" which is I only ever use pictures from the year / period of the song or album I'm making a piece about so it's extremely restrictive but I don't know why, I think it makes it look more realistic in my mind? Anyway it's so silly but it's really my trademark. 

the vinyl mockups are stunning! great job!

Thank you!! I love the colour one so much haha

ZKcaooE.png

tumblr_o43cbcZCsZ1uh2hnzo5_540.png

LANA DEL RAY PROJECT - PALM TREES IN BLACK AND WHITE 

This project is NOT FOR SALE. I DO NOT claim any rights on any of the information presented and I made this for entertainment purposes only. All images and fonts belong to their owners.

Ok so before starting, I would like to emphasize how happy I am with the result of this project. I had the desire to create a black and white cover for AKA since last July when I started making edits and never had until now the knowledge required to put my idea to reality and I'm honestly really pleased with the result. 

I always thought of AKA in black and white, when I hear the songs I automatically think of them as the soundtrack of a contemporary movie but in black and white, and this is definitely a night record for me so black is really the basis of this project. However, as much as I also see some yellow and gold tones, the association of pink and black (along with, if you know my stuff a tiny bit, pink and blue haha) might be my favourite one and it felt very appropriate for how feminine this record rings to me and I particularly appreciate high contrasts and subtle touches of colour, especially since pure black and white can be monotonous and this record definitely isn't. The original pink used was much redder and brighter but I had to tone it down a lot purely for readability purposes and actually it might be even better.

The cover and jewelcase back pictures both come from the Ultraviolence sampler video, which is probably and to my surprise my favourite video Lana put out. To achieve the effect, I just photographed the screen. I really wanted to use the Coney Island wheel as the cover and not Lizzy's face because as much as this record doesn't only focuses on New York I strongly believe it's the most emblematic monument in the Lana Del Ray landscape (and Rey too, or maybe Château Marmont). It for me represents and synthesise the essence of who Lana was between Lizzy and Del Rey. For the back cover of the jewelcase, and so the very last thing, I chose this precise screencap for two things: palm trees in black and white, for Jump of course, last thing I saw before I died and last thing in the jewelcase, to close it all; and the view of the ocean behind to recall The Ocean, the first song, Kill Kill, and close the loop. I also used my own cover I made for Mermaid Motel from screenshots of the video but without the text, a screenshot from Jump because she looks extremely beautiful imho, and the rest is basically beautiful pics I found on the internet that immediately reminded me of the record and are in the same vein as every AKA project I've seen yet. I also changed the trailer park sign for Yayo picture, the sign said "for sale" and I changed it to Lizzy :) The pictures and the idea of black and white basically are what made me concretize this project which is a slightly different take from the other AKA projects. Lastly, this is also part of a portfolio I'm preparing so I tried to do it as professional, slick and realistic as possible, and as always when I use some numbers, all the legal credits are from the best album ever, Ultraviolence :)

As much as I love making things by myself and I have a very particular vision, I would like to emphasize how much I hugely respect the work of others before me and I would like to especially thank @@Anthem and @@Trash Magic for their astonishing work on the iconic AKA project, which I really admit is a hundred percent the basis of mine, I could never have done this without your work guys thank you SO MUCH, the Photoshop guides saved me! I do believe your vision is the closest thing to what the original record could have been and I'm grateful for that! I also used for the insert one of the pics you provided, that was a great idea of yours :)

If you find any error, PLEASE tell me, I'm going to print it for myself but I'm definitely not sure I got the bleed lines right and I already changed some things since I put it out yesterday so don't hesitate to tell me!

Thank you for reading :party:

DOWNLOAD HERE - if links aren't authorized or not working, please ask me!
FLIP THROUGH BOOKLET HERE

FULL SIZE COVER

tumblr_o43cbcZCsZ1uh2hnzo5_1280.png

PREVIEW IMAGES

tumblr_o43cbcZCsZ1uh2hnzo1_1280.pngtumblr_o43cbcZCsZ1uh2hnzo2_1280.pngtumblr_o43cbcZCsZ1uh2hnzo3_1280.pngtumblr_o43cbcZCsZ1uh2hnzo4_1280.png

BOOKLET PREVIEW

tumblr_o44xt7RwjI1uh2hnzo4_540.png
tumblr_o44xt7RwjI1uh2hnzo5_540.png
tumblr_o44xt7RwjI1uh2hnzo1_540.png
tumblr_o44xt7RwjI1uh2hnzo7_540.png
tumblr_o44xt7RwjI1uh2hnzo2_540.png
tumblr_o44xt7RwjI1uh2hnzo3_540.png
tumblr_o44xt7RwjI1uh2hnzo6_540.png

MOCKUPS (INCLUDING VINYL AND LIMITED EDITION COLOUR VINYL MOCKUPS)

tumblr_o45273USQh1u1j9jfo1_1280.png
tumblr_o451wb1PdJ1uh2hnzo1_1280.pngtumblr_o451wb1PdJ1uh2hnzo2_1280.png
tumblr_o451wb1PdJ1uh2hnzo3_1280.pngtumblr_o451wb1PdJ1uh2hnzo4_1280.png

ANNE!!! The design for this is simple yet catchy and beautiful, just like aka. I LOVE IT! And adding the pink font was a perfect add on. 150000/100

I do agree with you, seeing the music in a b&w theme. Great job Anne! I always enjoy the vinyls you make. They are SO GOOD  :woot:

lilkimxchapelle.png

This is amazing! I love the Coney Island feel to it. You design better records then the people who work for Lana. That honeymoon cover....lawd help us :facepalm:

Have you done anything for Honeymoon or Ultraviolence? I would love to see what you come up with.

Again, very beautiful! :flutter:

This is amazing! I love the Coney Island feel to it. You design better records then the people who work for Lana. That honeymoon cover....lawd help us :facepalm:

Have you done anything for Honeymoon or Ultraviolence? I would love to see what you come up with.

Again, very beautiful! :flutter:

Coney Island is definitely the thing I was trying to achieve the most, I'm haunted by these interviews were Lana says she used to ride the tube and write in cafés with just a banana or a piece of chocolate cake for the whole night, musically AKA isn't my favourite but I immensely relate to this process of creation and it's just what I crave for the most, this kind of life. Thank you so much, it means the world!

I actually have done very early, like last August so it's not very thought of at or well made at all, a cover for Ultraviolence using these exact same pictures and others from the album trailer. It's extremely inspired by the cover of one of my favourite records of all time:

Messina.jpg

tumblr_nsv4l5MXB11u1j9jfo1_1280.png

ACTUALLY HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I JUST REALIZED THE WHEEL ON THE SAEZ COVER IS THE CONEY ISLAND ONE??? This wasn't premeditated at all oh my God!

It's weird because Ultraviolence is like a limb to me but I care about it so much that I don't make visuals out of it because there's already some existing ones, and not for unreleased, which I love more than the released albums (except UV). But I definitely want to try more, I can feel myself starting to have a style and it's really helping me progress and learn. Thank you again!

ZKcaooE.png

It's so nice! You ought to make a true physical copy of it and take photos!

Also, @@PinUpCartoonBaby did the original AKA project artwork rather than Trash Magic, I just happened to notice that in your post. :)

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

It's so nice! You ought to make a true physical copy of it and take photos!

Also, @@PinUpCartoonBaby did the original AKA project artwork rather than Trash Magic, I just happened to notice that in your post. :)

OMG @@PinUpCartoonBaby I'm mortified I didn't knew that, thank you so much!!! Yes, I'm gonna update the booklet tonight because the first page is slaughtering my eyes and then printing it next week, thank you again dude :party:

ZKcaooE.png

I'm so happy I finally understood how to do bleed lines and I'm delighted to announce that it's now TRULY 100% printable. Very quick preview video of my test on my cheapest quality printer with the old booklet to give you an idea. I'm taking it to the professionals next week. Sorry I update it a lot but I genuinely think it's the best and most professional thing I ever done, I put so much work in this, now I have to update my Sirens project so it's printable too :defeated:

ZKcaooE.png