LDRO

Instagram Updates

i think this is the nicest thing you've ever said about lanz.... i'm shocked. to reiterate, she 100% needed to take the names out of the post

Β 

I feel like some of y'all just don't know me and never tried to get to know me just because I went against the grain and slandered NFR. I've been a fan of her since 2012. I've seen so much bullshit when it comes to Lana, from critics and also some of her haters mentioned in my post. I am a hardcore fan of her first three records and I don't think that will ever change, it's just that I've been less of a fan of her past two records and I've been fed up with her antics since like 2016-17. I can play nice.

Fucking hell are people really rallying on about her being a racist? Fuck, she said the women she mentioned haven’t been scrutinised for making songs about sex and she gets it in the ear every time she mentions it, no one said anything about race, stop clutching at straws that aren’t there, it’s so fucking damaging putting that shit out there when it’s not there to begin with and it takes away from the severity of real racist acts

do the maggots in your brain pay you rent?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

her name-dropping artists was SO unnecessary. there's no way she read through her letter before posting and went "yup, sounds good". i get her points, but it's like it's purposefully written to be misinterpreted.

As a black woman in America who has experiences racism in all different forms since I was in the kindergarten, I will type up however much I want about racism and how easy it is to go unnoticed. Again, you don't have be a racist to be say something racist. Not saying Lana is A racist. Just that what she failed to look at these women and their careers with a non privileged lens. What she said reeks of ignorance because all of them have had hardships of their own from the media and public, with a lot of it being related to race.

What you’re saying is that because Lanas hard work has payed off, and she now has a platform to be as honest and open as she wants, and because she pointed out a double standard faced by ALL women in the industry , and that makes her racist for not acknowledging those women’s struggles as well? Like they’re not all Privelaged rich people lol.... Lana was basically blacklisted by critics for the majority of her career lol. Think she deserves a say

Not really sure of her point in the first paragraph bc doesn't she mostly catch flack for singing about abusive relationships both physical and emotional, and adoring men who she's sure will end up hurting her thus setting a 'bad example?' I'm not a huge pop person but do these women she named sing mostly about that same subject matter? Ofc they have a few songs here and there about bad relationships and experiences but it's not the focus of their discography in the way Lana's is...

Either way fuck yeah it's Gemini Season baby I love when she starts stupid shit!

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg

What you’re saying is that because Lanas hard work has payed off, and she now has a platform to be as honest and open as she wants, and because she pointed out a double standard faced by ALL women in the industry , and that makes her racist for not acknowledging those women’s struggles as well? Like they’re not all Privelaged rich people lol.... Lana was basically blacklisted by critics for the majority of her career lol. Think she deserves a say

Β 

As if BeyoncΓ© didn't come from a middle/higher class family when her two parents were successful entrepreneurs and she became one of the most prolific and successful entertainers in the history of music... Like

obviously she deserves a say but why did she feel the need to talk about all of those other women as if they were never criticised...as if beyonce never got threatened with being lynched? or like ari wasn't dragged to hell and back for god is a woman?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Not really sure of her point in the first paragraph bc doesn't she mostly catch flack for singing about abusive relationships both physical and emotional, and adoring men who she's sure will end up hurting her thus setting a 'bad example?' I'm not a huge pop person but do these women she named sing mostly about that same subject matter? Ofc they have a few songs here and there about bad relationships and experiences but it's not the focus of their discography in the way Lana's is...

Either way fuck yeah it's Gemini Season baby I love when she starts stupid shit!

Β 

So it was ok for critics to pan Lana as anti-feministic for describing not so glamorous/perfect relationships? I feel like you've missed the point here, like a lot of people you were so up in arms about Lana daring to mention women of colour in her post, that you've missed the point. She wants every fucking women to express what they want and stop being labeled a certain way by critics and haters. She didn't disregard the hardships that some of them have experienced, or where they are coming from, she just didn't mention it. Like I said it could've been worded better, but here we are.

I think that a lot of the reactions solely show that the interpretation of the content is part of the problem. If you see her telling her story of volatile and emotionally-abusive relationships as her "liking it," then you're again putting the blame on the woman and inferring that her "no" was a "yes."

Β 

I just don't understand why she's discussing this now rather than in 2014 (and she already had). Critics have praised her in recent years for being freely feminine and showing that women can be messy/have complex emotions. Her subject matter has also evolved to a new outward-looking perspective, or she details stories of life in complex environments rather than a focus on deeply intimate relationships. She expressed herself in an incredibly poor manner and this feels so unnecessary.Β 

So it was ok for critics to pan Lana as anti-feministic for describing not so glamorous/perfect relationships? I feel like you've missed the point here, like a lot of people you were so up in arms about Lana daring to mention women of colour in her post, that you've missed the point. She wants every fucking women to express what they want and stop being labeled a certain way by critics and haters. She didn't disregard the hardships that some of them have experienced, or where they are coming from, she just didn't mention it. Like I said it could've been worded better, but here we are.

the reach...it's okay to say that she fucked up.Β 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

the reach...it's okay to say that she fucked up.Β 

Β 

Legit the only thing I don't like about her post is that she mentioned other people in it and I only don't like that she did so because I knew she would catch heat on stan Twitter. She's 100% right on this one.

Legit the only thing I don't like about her post is that she mentioned other people in it and I only don't like that she did so because I knew she would catch heat on stan Twitter. She's 100% right on this one.

she's literally saying in the first paragraph about how all of those artists didn't receive flack for singing about sex "so why do I get it for singing about my own truth"...which is extremely tone-deaf and ignorant

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

As if BeyoncΓ© didn't come from a middle/higher class family when her two parents were successful entrepreneurs and she became one of the most prolific and successful entertainers in the history of music... Like

as if Ariana grandes parents didn’t sell her soul to Dan Schneider for fame and riches LOL

I love you.

i love how she mentioned doja cat, she rlly made it, main pop girl

Two types of people

Β 

I think that a lot of the reactions solely show that the interpretation of the content is part of the problem. If you see her telling her story of volatile and emotionally-abusive relationships as her "liking it," then you're again putting the blame on the woman and inferring that her "no" was a "yes."
Β 
I just don't understand why she's discussing this now rather than in 2014 (and she already had). Critics have praised her in recent years for being freely feminine and showing that women can be messy/have complex emotions. Her subject matter has also evolved to a new outward-looking perspective, or she details stories of life in complex environments rather than a focus on deeply intimate relationships. She expressed herself in an incredibly poor manner and this feels so unnecessary.Β 

Β 

Β 

Hmm I want to know what provoked her to post it too. Someone mentioned it could be because of Lorde? I'm not sure...

β™‘Β Β standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heavenΒ β™‘

Maybe work on your reading comprehension because yikes. She specifically wrote that her point isn’t that Lana is racist, simply that her poorly worded statement is racist due to how tone deaf it is.

What? She literally says "...have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc..." people had #1 songs with those subjects long before Lana and will continue to do so long after her. It has nothing to do with race, she's either misrepresenting her thoughts or doesn't understand the root of the criticisms of her own earlier work. People weren't up in arms about her seeing herself as a sexy/glamorous woman, but someone who 'glorified' bad relationships in the majority of her music- Which absolutely is unfair and I'm in no way ok with. Yes, she should be able to write without whatever she wants, especially about her own experiences without being panned as anti-feminist or pro-abuse, but the examples of artists she chose doesn't align quite right with her own place in the industry... in my opinion anyway.

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg