renaissance

Lana's Instagram Travel Diaries

So if any of you are unaware, Lana has started a little travel diary on her honeymoon Instagram account. She has promised to upload videos from her travels last year over the next few weeks, so I thought I'd make a thread for discussion about the videos, and I will update it every time she posts a new one, with gifs of the video and the caption. Might be a nice idea to have them all together somewhere idk.

29th March 2016

lAVRwyY.gif

"Last year was a really beautiful year and I actually took a lot of videos during my travels. I think I'll share some of them with you over the next few weeks. This was from when we went to Santa Barbara for my birthday. I spent all afternoon reading."

30th March 2016

UR6KkiL.gif

"Music is a big part of our lives, even when we're on our way to play music we are listening to our favorite bands. It's funny looking back on my videos- whether we were on boats, planes or caravaning to festivals, there's always someone amazing on in the background. 

On this day we flew into a small airport and drove for two hours to what ended up being one of my top three favorite festivals we ever played: Sasquatch. That night I was also lucky enough to see Robert Plant for the second time (the first was on the side of his stage at Glastonbury.) Other than Bob, his voice is the only voice that completely transports me. *And Ricky was right, there were a lot of people."

31st March 2016

OrGxY2G.gif

"Since I was speaking about Robert in the last post, I guess it's only fitting that this video come next. 
It's important because I took it the week I made the honeymoon Instagram account… You can see one of the photos from this boat in my fourth post from last June. This was the day after my birthday (still in Santa Barbara)
Time flies, and people change but the ocean is always there for us. That's why the beach is truly my unwavering home."

FzytWEW.png

"Music is a big part of our lives, even when we're on our way to play music we are listening to our favorite bands. ... That night I was also lucky enough to see Robert Plant for the second time (the first was on the side of his stage at Glastonbury.) Other than Bob, his voice is the only voice that completely transports me. *And Ricky was right, there were a lot of people."

"Other than Bob, his voice is the only voice that completely transports me."   I interpret this to mean that she really likes the person singing in the background. So I'm wondering who/what band it is.

"Other than Bob, his voice is the only voice that completely transports me."   I interpret this to mean that she really likes the person singing in the background. So I'm wondering who/what band it is.

Robert Plant was from Led Zeppelin. 

So the person singing in the background is Robert Plant? I didn't recognize him as such, so I figured "Other than Bob..." referred to someone else.

You're right I hadn't listened to it. Just saw the caption and vid. Just listened and tagged it though. It's a band called The Hollies apparently. I don't know them lol.

wow Lana, the hollies? really? was it necessary for you to put some random 60s music just to show your already tiring ~aesthetic~ and ~hipster music knowledge~? and also.. a top 3 festivals you've ever played? who even does that? you don't even like to perform... really a true gemini.

:troll: