Sitar

Best LDR Musical Moment

The part in Because of You where there is a short gap of silence after "I don't wanna lose it, I'm in love, but I didn't choose it" and she kicks in with "Roses in my hair, dancing in the air, feels like I'm flying - Tell me you love me, boy, do it" ... this part always gets me

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Her tone changes towards the end of Children of the Bad Revolution (what I'm talking about begins towards the 2:43 mark). I've always loved that song (partly because it was the first unreleased LDR track I've ever heard). And the choo-ing or whatever you call it in the background of the choruses of West Coast always gives me chills

raP9BOH.gif

Bm2AvMo.gif

The chorus on "Off to the Races", the opening and closing narration on the "Ride" video, the sultriness of her vocal on "Blue Jeans", her faux-Brookyln accent on "Lucky Ones", Big Eyes, her use of "gots" instead of "got" on Cola....

The chorus of West Coast is my favorite musical moment of all time. The slower tempo is genius, it makes it seem like time is stopping. And the magical, hazy, synthesizer sounds like ocean waves. And I play the part "I can see my baby swingin'/His Parliament's on fire and his hands are up" over and over again. I just love the imagery and vibe. It makes me fall in love with...something. And what Ziad said about the echoing in the background. Ahhh, breathtaking. 

"I believe in the person I want to become." :illumilana2: 

Boarding School: Get down like your tutor taught you to and do it! The live lyrics make it even better, "prove it."

Damn You: Baby (baby). I don't really like this song much, but that part is beautiful wistful.

Hollywood's Dead: Say goodnight, you're soooo beautiful. The high note really ties that final chorus together.

Prom Song Gone Wrong: The synth during "I'd see you in the hall like hello hello up against the wall like let's go let's go".

Million Dollar Man: at the final chorus. "You're screwed up and brilliant, look like a million dollar man *snap* so why is my heart broke." That snap goes so well in that empty beat, and it only shows up in the end. It's the one thing I miss when listening to the MDM demo.

Last Girl on Earth: "Sometimes I get lonely, everybody told me no" - There's just so much longing in those words and the way she sings them. It's hard to describe but when I hear her sing that line I can just tell there are years of emotional pain behind them and that there's a huge backstory she's managed to fit into one single line.

RVhKIwP.gif

At the moment, I am kind of obsessed with the title track from Honeymoon. Just the general sorrow behind the meaning of the song, and the emotions behind her vocals, ugh, kills me every time. And the instrumental suits it perfectly.

party.gif?w=1100

The instrumental change towards the end of Art Deco that sounds more jazzy is so beautiful to me.

I love in Florida Kilos when she says "I feel you pretty baby feel me, turn it up hot, loving you is free"

The demo of PMIAM where she goes "feels like sugar in me"

The ending to Brooklyn Baby

THE SYNTHESIZERS IN WEST COAST

- The choruses in Never Let Me Go

- On Our Way (3:24-4:57)

- Afraid's "I´m going ..... back to Santa Monica" (2:58)

- The last 30 seconds in You're Gonna Love Me

- "I like his ultraviolent swing, I like it when he treats me mean" in both HDB versions

- When she says "Salvatore, you can def be my baby blue" in Backfire

- The giutar bridge/outro thingy in the Behind Closed Doors Demo (3:12-3:34)

- The little "rapped" bridge in Every Man Gets His Wish (2:30-3:01)

- The spoken verse in Trash Magig Version 2

- The last chorus in Sloe Gin Fizz (the Motel 6 a capella demo)

- Last Mermaid Motel chorus

- The background vocals in Smarty

- Bel Air verses

- The outro in Flipside

- Whole 1949

- When the chorus begins in The Blackest Day

- Salvatore bridge

Wy8jf2U.jpg