Sitar

Best LDR Musical Moment

I wanted to re-visit this thread because I have so many favorite Lana moments in her released songs, all of which I've picked out carefully.

Gods & Monsters

- When Lana sings "No one's gonna take my soul away / I'm living like Jim Morrison" makes me feel some kind of way I can't explain? It's like she's reached her higher self and I admire the way she shows it.

Venice Bitch

- "Me, myself I like diamonds / my baby, crimson and clover" flows so beautifully and I love how Lana sings it. And towards the very end when she sings "If you weren't mine, I'd be jealous of your love." because it's just a nice closer and feels pleasing to the ears.

Born to Die

- The part towards the end around the 4:00 mark, when she sings her last verse and then the orchestral part comes in, it breaks my heart for some reason? It just sounds so rich and melancholic. Like wow she did that.

National Anthem

- That part where she low-key raps "it's a love story for the new age, were on a quick, sick rampage, winin' and dinin, overdosin' and dyin" etc. Just sounds so badass and I love how she fits it into the music in such a small space.

Dark Paradise

- The very first part of the song, just the orchestral bit has to be the most heartbreaking thing I've ever heard in a song. Just the way the strings sound, as if they're crying. It's kinda cheesy but omg. :krylie:

Million Dollar Man

- In the second verse where she sings a little bit more like Jessica Rabbit. "You got the world but baby at what price" then the piano does this little thing afterwards is so pleasing to me. Then the last line of

"It isn't that hard boy to like you or love yooouis HEAVEN. Then finally the "I love you hOneAAy" part just makes me MELT. :wowcry:

Lucky Ones

- The very beginning when she sing "let's get out of this town baby were on FIIIYA" (fire) just sounds like it's from an old hollywood movie or something idk lol

Ultraviolence

- In the last bridge where she sings the iconic "cause I'm your jazz singer and you're my cult leader / I love you forever, I love you forever" like...wow. That was truly ballsy of Lana and I love the whole cult-themes so much.

Money Power Glory

- The chorus just exudes opulence. "I want moneeEy, pOOWer, gloOOorrYYYYYY" I just...there are no words.

Black Beauty

"I keep my lips red, to seem like cherries in the spring" - Like...wow. It shows how Lana tries to make even the darkest of situations beautiful. She tries to find the beauty in everything and this line really describes that.

Honeymoon

The "dreaming away your life" part tugs at my heartstrings. Truly beautiful to me because I relate to it so much.

Religion

"When I'm down on my knees, you're how I pray" oof this is giving me some dirty imagery, but it's so intimate and gorgeous at the same time. Lana really wrote this....wow. :sluttybunny:

Salvatore

"Catch me if you can, working on my tan, Salvatore / Dying by the hand of a foreign man happily / Calling out my name in the summer rain, ciao amore" - Like??? Do I need to explain?? It sounds like it's from an old movie.

- I think we ALL know which part is the best, which is around the 3:33 minute mark she she sings "Give me your heat, give me your diamonds" etc. It sounds so James Bond-esque and so rich. If you heard it in the movie you wouldn't even question it.

13 Beaches

- When Lana sings "I've been dyYYYIIIINNgGGGG, for soOOOMMEEthing reeEEEAAL" like her voice really peaked in this song and you can hear her pain too.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Literally whenever the organ comes in on Heroin

The bridge/outro of 24

The entire instrumental of G&R

Plenty more but can’t think right now lol

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

To be honest, the Ennio Morricone-esque trumpets of "Big Eyes", how it has those psychedelic synths that swell, and stays subtle and horror-centric in a slow way before it BANGS into that AMAZING THUNDER of percussion.

Seriously, this song has aged like wine for me. I may be alone, but it's one of her best songs in terms of aesthetics. Then again, I love everything she does, but it's whatever. Give this song another go peeps - preferably in really damn good damn awesome good damn earphones.

The way her voice shortly cracks during "how it gave you you everything" during the second Heroin chorus.

The way she uses a very low register during "I want" and then climbs up into the heights of "Money, Power and Glory".

The layered FMWUTTT vocals during the last Ultraviolence-chorus

The defeat you hear in her voice while she sings "but you do it well" shortly before PWYC's finale.

Those ... weird nautic noises that appear in both 13 Beaches and HBTB

The intros of Honeymoon, Cola, Shades of Cool and West Coast.

The drum rolls in Cherry.

The way she sings "And I'll never sing again", followed by the backing vocal-moans in Swan Song's chorus.

The "I'm lonely" part of Wait For Life.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The intensity and serenity of the final Ultraviolence chorus

The final Freak chorus with the backing vocals and moans

The closing of Shades of Cool

opening of Ride

Colas entire instrumental

the final drum beats of Religion

opening strings of Blue Jeans music video

MTWBT instrumental and that beat thing in the verses

In MAC when she says “you want this” sounds so raw

CRUMBS m8 where do I even start.

• Brooklyn Baby - the sheer CHEEK of the line "Yeah, my boyfriends pretty cool / but he's not as cool as me"- I always have a little smile to myself after this.
  • Terrance Loves You - "Ground control to Major Tom / can you hear me all night long?"
  • Fine China - One the second verse where the strings layer and the bass is plucking, also the lines "I guess they really got the best of us, didn't they? / They said that love was enough but it wasn't" and also " . . . for our day in the sun / on the same day my mother to be said she wouldn't come" Fucking ALL of Fine China really though?
  • Yayo - On AKA at around 4:00 she echoes her own "dark night" but it's this YELL in the background which is fucking sick "daaAAARRRRK NIIIIIIIIIIGHHHHTTTTTTTTTT!" My jaw dropped and I rewound it like 4 times.
  • Florida Kilos - The bop of the chorus.</li>
  • National Anthem - In the demo of this when she says"Um, do you think you'll buy me lots of diamonds" and then the man replies "Yes, of course I will my darling" Such a pimp!!!
  • Love- The uplifting and ethereal line which makes me feel like I'm flying! "Young. And in loooOOOOOooOOO-AHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOVEEEE"
  • Heroin - IT'S FUCKING HOT. HOT.
  • Lolita - In the demo 4 on "want my cake and . . ." the bridge is terrifying in a sense that something impending is coming fast and there is so much spite, malice and faux playfulness in the delivery. This mix is the surfy rock one and it's also loud and chaotic.
  • Hollywood -"I walk on water and I DANCE like JOPLIN"

Could go on for a while.

3lfQEhw.png

Literally whenever the organ comes in on Heroin

The bridge/outro of 24

The entire instrumental of G&R

Plenty more but can’t think right now lol

Good news thot of more!

The guitar/whatever it is in the background during the intro of BPBP

“Lay Lady Lay on this side of paradiIIiise in the Tropic of Cancer”

The adlibs in Get Free

Her voice when she sings “I guess they really got the beEest of us, didn’t they?”

“He says to be cool and I know he means it / He’s loving my look and I’m loving all his strategic ways / I said, “do you think you’ll kill for me one day?” Should’ve made it to the album version of NA tbh

The whole chorus of Because of You

The drums in the opening of Put Me in a Movie

The opening of Born to Die. Those strings are beautiful.

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Ultraviolence 2:37 We could go back to new york

Cruel world 2:50 I got your bible and your gun

Honeymoon 3:50 there are violets in your eyes

In my feelings 2:30 

Heroin 5:12 

Terrence loves you 3:05

Her bridges are humanity's greatest musical achievements

god-damn.png