Sitar

Best LDR Musical Moment

The entirety of Flipside. The way her voice almost cracks when she says "you caught me once"

Literally anytime I hear the word flipside now the song is stuck in my head for the rest of the day

DRINKS ON THE PATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gets me every damn time, love that song.

'Well I don't mind living on bread and oranges, no no no'

'Scowling like the sunshine set on Sarasota/Happy as a twister over Oklahoma'

'COME ON DOWN TO FLORIDA, I GOT SOMETHIN FOR-YA'

'Is the sun in your eyes, easy rider?'

'To Jersey with love'

'Witch hazel, witch hazel, betrayal, betrayal'

'Wish I may, wish I might find my one true love tonight'

'I'm in love with a dying man'

'Birds are flying out of my mouth'

'My dreams is bigger than your junkie pride' is such a simple and beautiful lyric

'Oh the wind is carrying me home, me home again'

The opening to Burning Desire, mm

The end to the AKA version of Yayo

Those drums in the Television Heaven chorus, the rhyming in the verses of Is It Wrong, all of Old Money, Ride, All You Need, Gods and Monsters....I have officially gone on long enough but there's so much more

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

'Sick as c-cancer'

'...radio blast, have to touch myself to pretend you're there'

The 'Oh oh oh oh ah ah ah ah' in Dark Paradise

The dramatic opening strings in Lolita.

'The swimming pool, glimmering darling...' bit in OTTR.

The beat in Radio, especially when she sings 'How do you like now?'

'Oh my head is tilting back'

'He's got the fire...' bit in Sad Girl

West Coast's final chorus

Guns And Roses' bridge.

'We're gonna party like it's 1949...' bit in Every Man Gets His Wish

'Don't tell me it's over'

'Ladies and gentlemen, for the very first time'

Opening lines of TOSTB

ZmJh1LG.jpg

KIll Kill: The little "dundundunDUNdundun" in the chorus

Flipside: The bridge, when she says "actin like a big shoooooooot"

West Coast: the last chorus  :bodyisready:

A star for Nick: the aaaaaaahhhhhhhh part she does at the end 

American: the "flirtin with the girls like your so pretty"  :flutter:

Put me in a movie: that guitar riff!
shades of cool: The guitar solo :defeated:

Smarty: The way she says " say i make you feel like"

TOSTB: The "im fucked"

FMWUTTT: " lay me down tonighhht, in my linen and curls, lay me down tonighhht riviera girls"

Boarding school: the way she sings "you thought that i was just a calendar kitten" 

Yayo: dark niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhttttt :smokes2:

Trash magic: that little "its been a long time"

Television heaven just makes me  :crai:  :rollin:

and so many more i cant even think of

To avoid just naming every song, I was thinking yesterday (as I was driving the freeway blasting the song) that Off To The Races is a great song full of great musical moments. I can't break them all down here, but at pretty much any part of the song I can point out "that bit!". Such a great song.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

- The narco swing at the end of WC

- Body Electric at Hackney's

- G&M (no description needed)

- lyrical masterpiece aka OTTR

- "yo soy la princesa, comprende mis white lines" live in Vancouver. I cried when I heard this part for the first time.

I guess it'd take me days to note down all the moments I love. These short special moments define Lana Del Rey as a real musician. I often catch myself smiling while listening to her songs and these special moments appear, like in Every Man Gets His Wish "I learned how to make love from the movies [...]".

I'm probably not doing this right, just saying my favorite part of her songs that stand out to me personally.

-Blue Jeans in its entirety. The whole song is just so beautiful. I love the verses and the buildup of the bridge to the last chorus and that silence it has right between the bridge and last chorus
-Born To Die bridge or whatever the fuck it is when it's just the strings and the chorus. "Come take a walk on the wild side. Let me kiss you hard in the pourin' rain, you like your girls insane." The whole song is a masterpiece and it truly has the feeling of emptiness, loss, and tragedy while being extremely beautiful. "Don't make me sad, don't make me cry" was always stunning to me too.
-National Anthem in general but the bridge is the ultimate moment. The whole song for me represents a rise to wealth and power while the original girl who had to be told to be cool was lost in the process. It's the ultimate representation of corruption from power, wealth, and fame. The bridge is so well written and just is the ultimate buildup. The song always reminds me of the Fourth of July to which is great bc it's my favorite holiday.
-Summertime Sadness second verse - "I'm feeling electric tonight. Cruisin' down the coast, goin' bout 99." It's not anything special lyrically but I love how it strips down to just her voice, beat, and the cheers in the background. The lyrics also bring back memories for me. It's always been the part of the song I look forward to although I love the whole thing in general so much.
-Million Dollar Man live at iTunes Festival
-Body Electric live at iTunes Festival
-Ride whole thing means so much to me and reminds me of my depression days but "I'm tired of feeling like I'm fucking crazy" and build up of bridge
-Ultraviolence chorus, drums, "reminded me of when we were kids" leading into chorus
-Shades of Cool guitar part with her moaning in the background, gives me chills and makes me feel so powerful especially if during a workout
-Brooklyn Baby I always look forward to "I get high on hydroponic weed" and "Yeah, my boyfriend's pretty cool, but he's not as cool as me." So simple, but so cute. I will always love the chorus so much.
-West Coast chorus and specifically the last chorus is ultimate heaven. Makes me feel psychedelic and heavenly.
-Money Power Glory chorus
-FMYUTTT "Tell me something tonight, about your favorite girl" always gets me. Shoutout to "Go baby go, go, go" too.
-Florida Kilos intro always gets me pumped and I love it so much. Plus the bridge/whatever it is where it's just the guitar and her singing "Come on down to Florida, I got something for ya."
-Jealous Girl "Baby, I'm a gangsta too, and it takes two to tango. You don't wanna dance with me." Always thought this was so clever and I love this part of the song musically, it sounds so taunting? Idk if that's the right word but yeah.
-Go Go Dancer "You make me wild" and just the whole song in general
-Kill Kill The chorus with the dun dun dun dun and er er, er er (idk what the instrument is lmao)

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Prom Song "You will never see my face, if you don't get me out of this place now baby, I'm not crazy" "I'm leaving, are you coming with me?" these two lines omg. Love how high her voice gets. incredible.

Oooh Baby "Did you say you wanna dance with me?"

Trash Magic LOVE the way she says "Boy you wanna come to my motel, honey?"

Playground "Ring around the rosie, I, I don't wanna fall down, keep my feet on the ground"

My Best Days absolutely adore this song in general but the part where she goes "I never knew I'd find somebody like you, like you, like like, I'd find somebody like you, like you"

I Can Fly "I wasn't crazy, I was divine"

Daddy Issues actually love the instrumental to this song (esp at the start)

when she hums at the end of yayp (aka version)

&this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIZhcgi8zkM#t=25

It's so cool that you wrote that, yesterday I was actually listening to Yayo super loud with headphones on, and when she did that humming at the end I had shivers run down my spine it was so amazing, as if she actually laid right next to me and did it to me :oprah:

Also the "will no one help me please" but in Bad Disease is a wonderful moment. She sound so helpless and pathetic there it really adds to the depth of the song. Great lyric

Okay, but...

Moi Je Joue will always be everything. "Mais vous, le voulez-vous?" and Lana cumming as the backing vocal. "You were like sunshine brightenin' up my da-e-ay~" :flutter:

How Do You Know Me So Well and River Road are so nice... Bedtime stories.

Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight when it blooms into the chorus... All of Disco and Dance Man and Pin Up Galore. "Baby, I have become..." That 70s middle eight in True Love On The Side.

"I'd see you in the hall like hello-hello!" And the backing vocals in Push Me Down like "ooo-oooh, aaa-aaa-ah!" :defeated:

"All my boys, raise your voice, let me hear it!" And like, Boarding School fucking assaulted me. "I'm a fan of the pro-ana nation..." So wrong, so good. :deadbanana:

"You! Act! Like you're gonna live forever!" And the chanting in Maha Maha. God, I'm so thankful that one leaked. :lmao:

The little piano riff in Playing Dangerous. "Fuck you!" near the end of Scarface. Yaaasss, seethe mama, etc. Brooklyn Baby when it drops into the chorus.

Hollywood is like, perfect. I honest-to-any-deity-of-your-choice cried listening to the initial leak. It was SICKENING. Hair to ha ass, indeed. :flutter: :flutter: :flutter:

And when Hundred Dollar Bill hits the first chorus, I want someone to pull my hair and yell indecencies at me. Catch And Release's middle eight is like the best horror flick.

That wailing cutesy voice in For K (Part 1).

"Nothing's wrong, nothing's wrong. O-o-o-ong." Why. I love it, though. You Can Be The Boss live at the Concert Privé is EVERYTHING-AH.

I love how she obstinately doesn't rhyme on Fordham Road. Sometimes, anyway. "The stone Mary in the garden, she let me know she watching..."

FUCKING BETTY BOOP BOOP THOUGH. I SWEAR TO ANY AND ALL THINGS HOLY THAT IT IS MY _FAVORITE_ LANA SONG IN THE HISTORY OF MY _FAVORITE_ LANA SONGS. "You can call me Liberty; I'll be your number one girl."

"Behind closed doors! (Doors! x38912)" Backfire's opening reminds me of the background ambience for Hell's Kitchen in Deus Ex, so that's also everything.

Lolita's opening and when it has the girls cooing in the background of the last two choruses. This Is What Makes Us Girls with the bass pumped up assassinates me.

That little guitar in the Lucky Ones demo. Shout-out to Little Carmen and demo 2 of Hey Lolita Hey as well. "Pretty daddy goes 'kid, you snort it like a champ'..."

"Nothing could satisfy you 'till you left, so you went away... Where'd you go? Where are you now? I ask about..."

Kill Kill and that fucking chorus! WTF! Doot, doot, doot... And then we have Ride with the humming opening. :deadbanana: :deadbanana: :deadbanana:

Wait and the recurring motif with the "you'd better rest your feet." So beautiful.

"Let me play with your new shotguuu-uuu-un..." And fucking Put Me In A Movie. "You know I can't make it on my own..." TEARS! :defeated:

Come When You Call Me A.M.E.R.I.C.A. is actual greatness. Like, both versions. "Tell me a story, daddy..."

"I said don't worry 'bout it." FUCK! Let's not even get into Burning Desire and that breathiness, or the highest note of this bitch's career in Cola.

I need Xanax by the time Pretty When You Cry fizzles out, nevermind Sad Girl. JESUS.

"We could jet ski in the East Side River, or take a jet to Nice in the middle of the winter..."

Queen Of The Gas Station. That demo. That instrumental outro. Yas.

"He loved guuu-uns.... And roses. (Roses... x384349)"

That guitar in My Momma's verses. And fucking "mmmmm, mmm-mmm" in Aviation.

Y'all know the acoustic version of On Our Way? When it all fades out. "Heavenly. Heavenly. Heavenly-ay-yi-yay..."

"All that's real to me is Halloween and Jesus."

If only I put this much effort into my academia...

rihKQ8M.gif

When she says "you turned me on and brought color into my lIfe" in TV in Black & White

I have strong attachments to all of the July 2013 leaks like Hawaiian Tropic and Heartshaped Chevrolet for reasons outside of the compositions themselves but I don't think it's appropriate for the forum :creep:

BzhmW.png

Afraid - "We were just teenagers when we fell in love // Driving in your fast car looking at the stars above // But it was not enough"

Beautiful Player - The euphoric verses  :defeated: Her voice and high notes  :defeated: "I live for you-ou-ou"  :flutter:  The bridge  :defeated:

Because of You - "You brought me to my knees"  :hdu:

Big Bad Wolf - The damn bridge gets me all the time "Life is like, like a little game that we like to play just for fun, just for fun"  :poordat:

Daytona Meth - The vocal layering  :hdu:

Every Man Gets His Wish - The euphoric chorus :hdu: The bridge  :defeated:  "Lana Del Rey how you get that way?" "He loves the heart shape my ass is" 

Ghetto Baby - Her voice in the pre-chorus  :defeated:

Hollywood - The bridge, christ... Perfection. :defeated:   

Hollywood's Dead - Her vocals in the chorus - "Don't tell me it's over".  :flutter:    "That's what girls like me do - lose you".

I Don't Wanna Go - The bridge... "loving you isn't right, it's original sin" brings me to my knees  :defeated:

JFK - The bridge  :defeated:  "you've got it and i want it"

Last Girl on Earth - "Cleopatra used to rule, but she got nothing on me now"  :worship: The bridge  :hdu:

Noir - The whole damn thing is a musical masterpiece  :defeated: "He's gonna hate me, he wants a real girl"  :defeated:   

On Our Way - The chorus :worship:

Playing Dangerous - "I'm in love, I'm in love..." Mama  :defeated:

Puppy Love - The verses :defeated: The harmonic progression...

Push Me Down - The chorus  :hdu: "Hotel, swimming pool, breaking in, we can do whatever you want, let's play young and dumb"  :hdu:

Queen of Disaster - The instrumental :worship: The backing vocals  :defeated: The outro 

Starry Eyed - The instrumental is magical  :defeated: My fav song  "life doesn't always work out like you planned it"  :defeated:

Velvet Crowbar - The guitar  :defeated: And the outro oh my god  :hdu:

The ending transition from Without You to Knockin' On Heaven's Door is just amazing. The "ooooooh"s give me shivers and I don't even care that it's live - her voice still sounds beautiful.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Adding more bc this is my favourite thread. Debating doing one for all of her albums + selected few unreleased songs... we'll see

Backfire "I've been waiting on your love, baby, for too long now, too long now..." shivers. Fucking love this.

True Love On The Side The way she says "I", love the little crack her voice does

Big Spender The random "Big Spender!" parts that come up while the guy is rapping