Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I'd rather have a 11 or 12 track high quality album with a deluxe version that throws in some tracks that don't fit with the rest than another 14 track record that feels ENDLESSLY long and boring. I know y'all are thirsty for a lot of songs put I'd put quality over quantity

I don't get the deluxe tracks hate, Lana didn't say anything about the BTD or Paradise ones (except for that she wanted without you as the closer on the standard edition), she just talked about the UV one (once??). She even performed her BTD tracks and burning desire so i see no reason to hate on additional tracks.

If you personally dislike the bonus tracks that's okay you still have 12 other songs to enjoy and you're not forced to listen to them. None of her Bonus Tracks were disappointing to me so i'd really love to see some on ldr5 (i don't really care about the remixes on the us editions though. i think these are pretty pointless).

The (albums') trailers have been blessed with cooler visuals than most of her MVs recently TBH
I remember loving the facial expression in the paradise trailer i loved it even though nothing was happening and it was reused footage. 
I don't want any reused footage for ldr5 though. It was so pointless to use the same footage for two music videos especially since Freak had awful colour correction compared to the beautiful blue in mtwbt.

i76mrxw.png 

I don't get the deluxe tracks hate, Lana didn't say anything about the BTD or Paradise ones (except for that she wanted without you as the closer on the standard edition), she just talked about the UV one (once??). She even performed her BTD tracks and burning desire so i see no reason to hate on additional tracks.

If you personally dislike the bonus tracks that's okay you still have 12 other songs to enjoy and you're not forced to listen to them. None of her Bonus Tracks were disappointing to me so i'd really love to see some on ldr5 (i don't really care about the remixes on the us editions though. i think these are pretty pointless).

Guns And Roses says hi...  :creep:

(I love all of the other ones tho)

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

GUNS AND ROSES IS BEAUTIFUL

I don't know why so many people don't like "Guns and Roses"  :icant2:

I honestly love it! I guess it's because I love when her vocals are layered.

I don't know why so many people don't like "Guns and Roses" :icant2:

I honestly love it! I guess it's because I love when her vocals are layered.

It's not only G&R but in this it drags on a lot: after Paradise many choruses have been simply the repetition of a few words. For instance, compare OTTR chorus with G&R and you'll see the enormous difference

The verses and bridge are nice tho, but nothing spectacular

I know this might not be a very popular opinion but i just hope Lana takes her time to make this next album perfect. After all it's just been a year and half since HM was released and I've always felt like that album didn't reach it's right potential because it was done too quickly :creep: Lana worked on Born to Die for YEARS, writing new verses, doing endless demos of each song, having the songs produced by different people . That's why it was so cohesive and didn't have those annoying repetitive choruses with just her saying DAAAARRRRRKKKK BLUEEEEEEE

giphy.gif

I know this might not be a very popular opinion but i just hope Lana takes her time to make this next album perfect. After all it's just been a year and half since HM was released and I've always felt like that album didn't reach it's right potential because it was done too quickly :creep: Lana worked on Born to Die for YEARS, writing new verses, doing endless demos of each song, having the songs produced by different people . That's why it was so cohesive and didn't have those annoying repetitive choruses with just her saying DAAAARRRRRKKKK BLUEEEEEEE

I'd be fine with waiting a bit more if she's actually still working on the songs since rumor has it that they're just finishing mixing it :/

It's not only G&R but in this it drags on a lot: after Paradise many choruses have been simply the repetition of a few words. For instance, compare OTTR chorus with G&R and you'll see the enormous difference

The verses and bridge are nice tho, but nothing spectacular

this is so untrue. have you heard AKA its even more repetitive than UV and HM combined

She needs a big scandal.

She should team up with Miss Bank$

They're both releasing new music

this is so untrue. have you heard AKA its even more repetitive than UV and HM combined

You're correct

But there's gotta be a reason if Lizzy herself acts like that record doesn't exist anymore Lmao I mean, I like it and I guess she does too but she's grown as an artist since then...

I'm only considering her official discography