Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Okay so I've been reading about solve et coagula on reddit and it means breaking something down and then bringing it together in alchemy or something but she's talked about a "guru" in the past that she was involved with and that he "broke people down before he built them up again" you can find the actual interview here http://www.digitalspy.com/music/feature/a815836/the-surprising-stories-behind-six-of-lana-del-reys-biggest-hits/ forgive me if this is old news cause I'm a newbie here and also I didn't make this connection someone on reddit did I'm not that smart lol

Buy 'Honeymoon' on iTunes <3

ok, next time if she ever DM any of us, remember to tell her to stay away from Rick and to step up her game.

no more "oh this is so beautiful, hope you're doin well" BS

i have adjusted my mind for HM 2.0 since Eclipse hinted the demo/snippet way back in late 2015 (or early 2016?).

:creep:

giphy.gif

All those people saying that only snoozy slow songs can be mature remind me so much of these people preaching how the beatles were the greatest thing that happened to music, ever.

Sia is like 10 years older than Lana so i guess she has to be terribly immature for her age

i76mrxw.png 

All those people saying that only snoozy slow songs can be mature remind me so much of these people preaching how the beatles were the greatest thing that happened to music, ever.

Sia is like 10 years older than Lana so i guess she's terribly immature for her age

I kinda think so too it's her style, not her age

Buy 'Honeymoon' on iTunes <3

Sia is like 10 years older than Lana so i guess she has to be terribly immature for her age

I meant that a person of older age can have a broader sense of taste, which definitely do change as you grow older. Never did I say that fast songs are not mature. It's okay for an artist to be old and release fast music and still be considered mature. I mean I guess Honeymoon being slow isn't the problem for people then? What exactly is it.. the sound?

one thing that i love about lana are her song lengths. her songs now are at least 5 minutes long. I'm also excited that the lead single for YAIL will be 6 minutes long

I actually love this. I think longer songs are more well-developed and constructed, with interesting and complex melodies i compared with most 3-minute-lenght songs. That's what I feel about her last two albums, which are made of mostly long songs. I think her lyrics are kinda basic sometimes, the chorus of mostly songs on Ultraviolence was made on repetition on the song-title, but the melodies behind all this was always rich and intriguing. 

I really enjoy a long opening with instrumentals and then a song where you can feel everything that's going on with a beautiful closure and not a rushed one, which is different from 3-minute-length songs that have to be short to be played on radio. But I'm an exception here, I love Honeymoon and all that it contains. After Ultraviolence, it is undoubtedly my favourite record.

i really hope were getting an announcement soon. It's just painful to not know anything :rip:

She wants everything to be ready once things start rolling. She's not the type of artist to pick singles and make videos as she goes along so believe me, she's planning everything right now. Dates are picked, multiple videos have been shot, singles are picked. The video for the lead single is quite high budget (yes it's featuring skating, long haired guitarist and pianist, lots of young adults - cute twinks too!) and she wants to add more special effects (though it's already amazing in my opinion, I don't want to spoil it at all). So be patient and allow her to do her thing.

You know far more than any other fanbase would know before a new era begins.

She wants everything to be ready once things start rolling. She's not the type of artist to pick singles and make videos as she goes along so believe me, she's planning everything right now. Dates are picked, multiple videos have been shot, singles are picked. The video for the lead single is quite high budget (yes it's featuring skating, long haired guitarist and pianist, lots of young adults - cute twinks too!) and she wants to add more special effects (though it's already amazing in my opinion, I don't want to spoil it at all). So be patient and allow her to do her thing.

i dont get why she still releases singles after the lead. she aint a single seller and radio doesnt play her anyway

edit: but it's good to know she already planned the era. hoping for other show dates, too

image.png

This sounds amazing. I guess she really is going for a 70s vibe.

Anyway, is YAIL the album title? I've been seeing claims of this from that atrl user and some members on here

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

The problem is not the slowness of the songs. It's sometimes the production, sometimes the editing/mixing and sometimes the lyrics. Rarely the bpm. Even though Terrence Loves You is slow, she managed to make it enjoyable by avoiding a repetitive chorus. Can you imagine if it was like "Terrence loves you, ooh" over and over again? Unbearable. A few edits would have made the song Honeymoon 5/5, it has great potential that I'm so sad it was wasted. If she cut the choruses into one repeat per line (Our honeymoon, say you want me too, dark blue) and if the studio version had some exciting production with guitars like the BBC live performance (I love you Blake), it'd easily be one of her best. Shame.

I never:

- Said what YAIL stands for.

- Said YAIL is the album title.

- Said any lengths.

- Gave any screenshots.

A lot of 'insiders' on ATRL and here post false info on purpose to troll people and in turn get a reaction out of me which they hope includes some tea spillage. It usually goes like this:

Troll: Album title is X. Lead single is in Y length.

(patiently waiting for Eclipse to come, drag me and spill the actual title and length)

They don't realize that some fans on Instagram, most importantly news accounts believe this crap and go on to release the false info as legit. Creates drama. Confusion. It's sad. They ought to get a new hobby, honestly.

So if it wasn't clear enough; no legit info was spilled. Don't believe what you hear unless it definitely came from me.

I'm feeling so excited because of the "skating, long haired guitarist and pianist, lots of young adults - cute twinks too!". If the song doesn't slay me, then the music video will.  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I'm nervous about the sound. We should get it before August... that February/march single release date rumor can also be put to rest then.

I think it'll be released before May tho. Everything after seems super late, considering she filmed the videos, apparently has a final tracklist etc.

image.png

I wonder what the ~vibe/theme~ of the new album is, like

btd was americana/youth/new york/baroque pop.

paradise was darker, with grand strings and religious motifs.

ultraviolence was psychedelic 70s soft grunge/drugs/depression/darkness/guitars and lofi production.

honeymoon was ethereal, languid, dreamy, and hazy

I hope the new record goes down a 70s vintage (kids :hooker:) vibe, with a new sound and interesting imagery

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif