Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Guys, heavy strings MADE honeymoon. Without them, even in a few songs, we know she ain't going for the HM sound :deadbanana:

I don't think the strings were the issue many people had with HM, more like the snoozy, dragging vibe it had.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I see what you're saying, but she does have a contract. Look at God Knows I Tried and the HBTB music video, and all the times that people have broken into her house or stolen her cars or whatever, I'm not saying she wont produce good work, or doesn't want to profit from the work, but I could understand if she didn't want to be in the spotlight anymore 

Lana is all about the drama (which makes a nice lyric. Lana write it down and pm me for copyright). She wants her projects to be funded by her labels like the movie for Honeymoon tracks that never happend simply because the album performance didn't justify it. Her label has learned since Tropico. 

You can not be indie and expecting big budget videos, fancy magazine and album art shoots in 2017. I am here for her finding a way of staying true to her art, but still not being elusive towards a big audience. There are artists out there who succeed in that, with the help of their major labels.

I don't think the strings were the issue many people had with HM, more like the snoozy, dragging vibe it had.

Of course, I'm not saying that the strings were the issue with Honeymoon, but that they made up a massive part of every song on the record (except HBTB/Art Deco). If she's diverging from the strings, which held such large influence on the last record, what else is she changing? It just sheds light on how she's making this album different

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

My opinion;

They want her to be successful in her own genre. No one is aiming for #1 on Billboard 100. But she's still a major artist signed under a major label, so of course they want to release things properly and get the best exposure they can. They want the songs + album to reach the audience it's supposed to reach and have some sort of social media presence/impact. And they accepted she is not a fan of heavy promotion, so she keeps things lowkey with interviews, photoshoots, festivals and radio appearances where she is more comfortable.

And this video will be relatable and loved by her audience, the bulk of them being Tumblr-style teenagers.

OMG  :hdu:  :hdu:  :hdu:  I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS VIDEO ANYMORE

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

So yeah, it's time to just chill a little. She's serving looks, visuals, songs.

And the only part that I was disappointed with is supposedly much better in its final form.

So everything will be okay.

Can we please be calm and wait for Lana to announce and realese the video herself.. no illegal buisness please, its disrespectful

there's no illegal business going on ? Nothing has been leaked we're just discussing what we know and expect ??

giphy.gif

So yeah, it's time to just chill a little. She's serving looks, visuals, songs.

And the only part that I was disappointed with is supposedly much better in its final form.

are the looks, visuals, and songs on the same level as national anthem and its video?

They should send the single to Alternative, Triple AAA and Adult Contemporary radios and let it grow naturally just to get a little exposure. If it does good, then Universal could push it to HAC and even Pop radio

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

The only part of the video or the song? 

i need to see her looks this era more than anything else  :flutter:  i already know this summer will be iconic. 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif