Jack

Melanie Martinez

Powder's really good, actually? All the deluxe tracks are good. I think some of you hate just to hate sometimes. :thumb3: 

I think it's about her watching a boyfriend or friend lose themselves to drugs (powder).

I'm happy she gave us a few more rock-leaning tracks!

1 minute ago, The Rhino Designer said:

Powder's really good, actually? All the deluxe tracks are good. I think some of you hate just to hate sometimes. :thumb3: 

I think it's about her watching a boyfriend or friend lose themselves to drugs (powder).

I'm happy she gave us a few more rock-leaning tracks!

Yes and the vocal effect is to represent the buzzy/fuzzy kinda sound and feeling that coke gives you and what not 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

2 minutes ago, Synchronicity said:

I'm using Spotify and I'm streaming them the way they are but I wish on streaming and CDs etc. she'd have made the album less of a soundtrack and maybe make the interludes their own thing too

i agree, she should have gone the way of Janet Jackson and put the interludes as their own track :true:

1 minute ago, Pop The Balloons said:

Yes and the vocal effect is to represent the buzzy/fuzzy kinda sound and feeling that coke gives you and what not 

im all for the aesthetic and vision, but when it gets in the way of enjoying a good song, its ruined :crossed:

Surprised to see all the Powder hate omg I really love this song. But I shouldn't be surprised by the taste difference since most of y'all on here are full on Melanie stans and I don't even like most of K-12 and After School bshdf. Anyways, I really love these deluxe tracks. Having Milk of the Siren as the closing track feels very correct. I still don't like the track run from Moon Cycle to Evil (with the exception of the song at the end of Nymphology, that was cute) but this album's really growing on me. It really needed a good deluxe so it had more defining tracks and I'm glad it delivered. 

qfrWuBl.png

3 minutes ago, The Rhino Designer said:

The album definitely feels more complete to me now. Super happy with it overall.

(Of course we'll have to wait forever now to get the deluxe on vinyl.)

if at all :defeated:

7 minutes ago, Gravitate said:

Who are those other artists? I'm interested, Powder might be my favorite on the entire album

> yeule < is a big one 
> Poison Girl Friend <
> Poppy < also has some similar songs to this imo

> Lil Peep <

I can hear some > Garbage < influence 

And some  > Cocteau Twins < 

-- to name a few !! 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

7 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

Surprised to see all the Powder hate omg I really love this song. But I shouldn't be surprised by the taste difference since most of y'all on here are full on Melanie stans and I don't even like most of K-12 and After School bshdf. Anyways, I really love these deluxe tracks. Having Milk of the Siren as the closing track feels very correct. I still don't like the track run from Moon Cycle to Evil (with the exception of the song at the end of Nymphology, that was cute) but this album's really growing on me. It really needed a good deluxe so it had more defining tracks and I'm glad it delivered. 

I feel like it's easy to be frustrated with the Portals era released tracks when the tracks we heard from the leaks were *so* good. I think just about anyone here would've rather we got something like Garden over Moon Cycle, or Needle & Thread over Pluto. We saw some of her career best within the leaked sessions, and while I'm glad three of these tracks made it to final release (with differing degrees of quality in their reworks, Sirens being by far the best handled of the bunch) I wish we'd seen more of them, or songs similar to them, instead of tracks like Spider Web and Evil. 

Edit: Another thing I forgot to mention, but it's easy to feel like some of the weaker elements of the sessions made it into these new tracks while abandoning the stronger ones. Ex: Powder has that vocal effect, which was present but better used on many of the scrapped sessions due to their unique melodies and vocal delivery, which is something that is lacking on the final album because a lot of the tracks feel like they were over-thought lyrically and became too wordy or just over worked.