Jack

Melanie Martinez

On 9/24/2023 at 2:51 PM, WildChild said:

Light Shower tbh

I feel like Light Shower is the most likely to be a straightforward, nice MV without all the muddy CGI and plotless weirdness just for the sake of weirdness, so same. We're not really off to a promising start with the MVs though, so I'm just hoping that Tunnel Vision and Faerie Soiree turn out okay.. :prettyhurts:

On 9/24/2023 at 1:08 PM, Nightmare said:

i hate her obsession with music videos and movies. like girrrlll we get itttt just move onnn

I love her visuals, but she's really sacrificing quality for quantity. Some of the last few could've been left on the chopping block, IMO.

For instance, I could've done without the videos for Death and Void, knowing what they ended up like, and a lot of K-12. On the other hand, I can't imagine not having MVs for Cry Baby, outside of maybe a few that could've used a bigger budget. Even the scrapped hotel bathtub video for Soap is better than what we've gotten from Portals so far.

7 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

I feel like Light Shower is the most likely to be a straightforward, nice MV without all the muddy CGI and plotless weirdness just for the sake of weirdness, so same. We're not really off to a promising start with the MVs though, so I'm just hoping that Tunnel Vision and Faerie Soiree turn out okay.. :prettyhurts:

Same but honestly kinda over it and have no hope :/ I honestly forgot about Melanie until light shower came on shuffle today that's how this new era is for me

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

5 hours ago, 13 Bitches said:

yeah it's only missing good lyricism

SPILL. One of my nitpicks with some K-12 songs, Detention being one of them. Sound was great, melodies were great, Keenan and Melanie's high ass writing, very odd at times...

The songwriting was okay in places but it was really her vocals and the overall production for me that the album lacked- like I’m not lying when I say it had the worst recorded and produced vocals of the year- genuinely curious as to how she recorded them 

On Instagram there is a post with a video and some photos rumored to be from the Faerie Soiree music video. The Instagram account is melaniedailyfact. Last week I saw a post on there saying that Melanie is filming 4 music videos around the same time so this might be true but idk.

The thing I've always loved most about Melanie is her visuals but this era is really losing me in terms of those :/ She has the talent to do better, I doubt she's lacking the funds to do better, so I wonder what gives?

Melanie is the clear example of how once u give someone too much money they start loosing focus and their craft starts loosing distinction 

with much less she used to do great MV. And even with a huge budget she still managed to make great videos like Mad Hatter for example. K-12 was the beggining of the end 

1 hour ago, WildChild said:

Why was Pacify Her even exported as 'Pacifier' she clearly says PACIFY HER and I'm sure she knew what she doing with the play on words 😭

Idk it's not that deep. It could just be a mistake on the producer's part

something in my gut tells me shes gonna be the main producer of mm4 and i hope she gets better at it!! i liked void instrumental but it got a little repetitive and i know she could def make better instrumentals

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

5 hours ago, rancidgirl said:

something in my gut tells me shes gonna be the main producer of mm4 and i hope she gets better at it!! i liked void instrumental but it got a little repetitive and i know she could def make better instrumentals

I love void as is tbh I just don't play it too much because of the transitions

artwork for the Melanie Martinez album titled "Dragon's Blood", ultra high definition, ultra high resolution, ultra high quality

it really just skipped the Dragons Blood part here lmfao

Spoiler

9zKqGVU.jpglR9NIQm.jpg

artwork for the medieval themed Melanie Martinez album titled "Dragon's Blood", ultra high definition, ultra high resolution, ultra high quality

Spoiler

xhIos4g.jpg