Jack

Melanie Martinez

On 11/26/2023 at 4:14 PM, The Siren said:

i think k-12 would have been better received this way too. it worked for CB and idk why she had to change the formula.

K-12 could have been a Cry Baby era 2.0 with the 13-track standard with music videos, 16-track deluxe including three bonus tracks (Notebook, Erase Her and i think Gluestick?)

which also could have given avoided the Drama Club demos leaks pre-release i think and After School could have been a full album with Fire Drill (when was FD recorded?) and Copy Cat, etc

I read somewhere that Melanie was going to release three bonus tracks but  she kept writing so that's why she released After School. I also read somewhere that Show & Tell was supposed to be a bonus track originally (I wonder what song was supposed to be in its place). Trophy was supposed to be another one of the bonus tracks and so was Erase Her. These songs were recorded in 2017. Fire Drill was recorded in 2018. Also I think Melanie should've released some singles from K-12 (three singles exactly like the Cry Baby era). I just don't know which songs should've been singles.

Just now, sublimedreamersublime said:

I read somewhere that Melanie was going to release three bonus tracks but  she kept writing so that's why she released After School. I also read somewhere that Show & Tell was supposed to be a bonus track originally (I wonder what song was supposed to be in its place). Trophy was supposed to be another one of the bonus tracks and so was Erase Her. These songs were recorded in 2017. Fire Drill was recorded in 2018. Also I think Melanie should've released some singles from K-12 (three singles exactly like the CryBaby era). I just don't know which songs should've been singles (maybe that's why there weren't any singles). 

weve talked about that here

never knew about S&T being a bonus track tho.

i could see a singles run for K-12 as

1. The Principal
  2. Show & Tell
  3. Lunchbox Friends
  4. Teacher's Pet

5 hours ago, The Siren said:

1. The Principal
  2. Show & Tell
  3. Lunchbox Friends
  4. Teacher's Pet

I would swap The Principal with something else like Strawberry Shortcake or Nurses Office, but the others would definitely make the best singles.

In fact Nurses Office went off so hard in the trailer it would probably have made the best first single (had she only made better decisions with the sound effects it would be my fave too).

12 hours ago, The Siren said:

1. The Principal
  2. Show & Tell
  3. Lunchbox Friends
  4. Teacher's Pet

It’s hard to pick singles from an album with no stand out tracks, they all had the same beat, nothing stood out imo, I like the album though.

Best songs on K-12: Show & Tell, Detention, High School Sweethearts

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

melanie really tried to make a holy trinity with this trilogy but imo her vision and judgement got clouded as she released music :/

mod queue king

stream portals

give me munniez <3

17 minutes ago, cool3dworld said:

Studio versions of her covers of Drunk In Love & The Sweet Escape ;3 even AI remakes would satisfy but ugh I miss this era 

remember when you leaked WDBCF.... on instagram REELS....that was legendaric :true:

Hi it's #1 Melanie Hate Club President Leader here.

Just though you all should know that she got the last laugh.

Because I hardly use Spotify, and I used it to hate-listen to Portals a few times so I could be an Educated Hater, she's now my top artist for this year according to all of the stats that dumb gays base their whole personalities off of for the next 3 weeks.

I've been shamed by my own tomfoolery.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

1 hour ago, AtomicMess said:

Hi it's #1 Melanie Hate Club President Leader here.

Just though you all should know that she got the last laugh.

Because I hardly use Spotify, and I used it to hate-listen to Portals a few times so I could be an Educated Hater, she's now my top artist for this year according to all of the stats that dumb gays base their whole personalities off of for the next 3 weeks.

I've been shamed by my own tomfoolery.

youre a stan now, and we have proof :lmao:

2 hours ago, The Siren said:

youre a stan now, and we have proof :lmao:

I will stand by the fact that Cry Baby was immaculate. I will always love Cry Baby. Title Track, Alphabet Boy, Milk and Cookies, Mrs Potato Head, Carousel, Dollhouse - absolute love. Stan Cry Baby.

Everything after that has just been.... :noparty:

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

Can we talk about how Alphabet City is likely a whole separate song from Alphabet Boy and it's a 2014 Cry Baby registry... the fact we grouped it based off the title is kinda dumb. Even the length is different. It is a song I fear