Jack

Melanie Martinez

It is insane how seriously Melanie takes herself and making K12 only available by purchase is an example

Of that imo....she swears on her life she made an Oscar worthy masterpiece. No one will buy it other than hardcore fans and taking it off YouTube just makes it unavailable for new fans of her music to get into. Dumb decision

A big problem I have with the production is that it doesn't increase and get better throughout the song. The vibe stays the same throughout the whole song and there's not much to look forward to after the first chorus.

There are still some cool moments that I love in K-12 tho.

Teachers pet: "you don't own me. I bet you think you do, well you don't" reminds me of "your mother said to pick the very best girl, and I am" in Tag You're It, and I guess that song is TYI's equivalent, but nowhere near as good.

Show & Tell sorta feels like Dollhouses equivalent (being on display, perfect on the outside but going through hell on the inside) and I like that a lot because imo they rival each other as good songs cause S&T might be the best from K-12, I can't decide yet.

Some songs give me a strong colour association- Strawberry Shortcake (pinks), Teachers Pet (deep velvet maroon and dark pink), Show and Tell (royal purple) which is cool and I love that in songs. Lunchbox friends gives me a pastel yellow too

I watched the movie with friend of mine who used to stan and it was... so bad. The movie is plain Bad.

Beautiful art direction tho. She should stick into that and not... directing. Or writing scripts at all.

For the album... I only remember Lunchbox Friends and Highschool Sweethearts (and a bit of Strawberry Shortcake I guess). Well it's over.

kinda iconic that the first two snippets (lunchbox friends and the principal) are the only two songs i listen to more than a handful of times. its like she said fuck it idc about the rest of this damn album 

:bitchfight:

thinking about how Melanie released Drama Club (and most of K-12) and left Bombs On Monday Morning shelved....

Yeah D: 

I know this is an unpopular opinion but the leaked songs like Schizo, Unhappy Meal and 99 Cent Store are amazing songs and would have kept everyone satisfied as a continuation of crybaby, even tho I think all are outtakes?

i love it when you all drag k-12 cause it’s “SoUnDs LiKe CrY baBy tOo mUch” and then say you would’ve loved cry baby outtakes more than the actual new music skkssk make it make cents luvs

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

i love it when you all drag k-12 cause it’s “SoUnDs LiKe CrY baBy tOo mUch” and then say you would’ve loved cry baby outtakes more than the actual new music skkssk make it make cents luvs

tbh K-12 was awful, there i said it, wtf even is High School Sweethearts, the chorus is soooo ugly

tbh K-12 was awful, there i said it, wtf even is High School Sweethearts, the chorus is soooo ugly

ok? thank you for sharing your opinion i guess

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

.....is she dating Oliver Tree?

if she is...

I’ll be a little disappointed, she is honestly a dreamgirl and to me she’s a fucking genius

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

me to wheels on the bus, class fight, the principal, show & tell, drama club, strawberry shortcake, lunchbox friends, orange juice, detention, teacher's pet, high school sweethearts, recess:

200.gif

me to nurse's office:

tenor.gif?itemid=6149700

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

Did anyone ever actually say that K-12 is too much like Cry baby? I've been reading the opposite from the very beginning