Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Ummm so the surprise was them DMing Crybabies then they’re sending them something and then retweeting fans praising them…. :xgiggle:

They really love testing how much they can disappoint her fanbase and still have them kiss Melanie's ass, lol. This could have been such a quick, successful, and simple release but they're doing too much for nothing.

Just announce the album, release a couple of teasers and a tracklist, then release the fucking album and go on tour. I don't need to hear a shitty snippet with no context of every song, see every look before we even get the visuals, and wait for a bunch of Stan pages to promote the album. This is getting fucking weird. :wtf:

Or maybe I'm just old now and am out of touch with the way music releases work these days. Either way I feel like this could be going much smoother and I'm starting to worry that we're getting something closer to "K-12 2.0 - Cry Baby on Shrooms" than the MM3 we hoped for after hearing the leaks.

Just now, ButterflyBones said:

They really love testing how much they can disappoint her fanbase and still have them kiss Melanie's ass, lol. This could have been such a quick, successful, and simple release but they're doing too much for nothing.

Just announce the album, release a couple of teasers and a tracklist, then release the fucking album and go on tour. I don't need to hear a shitty snippet with no context of every song, see every look before we even get the visuals, and wait for a bunch of Stan pages to promote the album. This is getting fucking weird. :wtf:

no because this pre-release promotional strategy is so weird to me. like usually the lead single is slated 3 month's prior to album's release and then at least another single but here we are. i suppose theyre doing it to interact with the fanbase but it was boring after the second egg imo :thumb3:

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

10 minutes ago, 132 said:

no because this pre-release promotional strategy is so weird to me. like usually the lead single is slated 3 month's prior to album's release and then at least another single but here we are. i suppose theyre doing it to interact with the fanbase but it was boring after the second egg imo :thumb3:

The album release is literally at the end of this month and she hasn't even officially announced the single yet. If this had been a surprise release, that might've made sense, but here we are.. :eyeroll3:

I'm sick of the snippets, too. The last 2 have sounded so muddy to me and some of these lyrics sound like they're going to be dumb as fuck for the sake of being unique and weird, just like the majority of K-12 and After School

35 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

The album release is literally at the end of this month and she hasn't even officially announced the single yet. If this had been a surprise release, that might've made sense, but here we are.. :eyeroll3:

I'm sick of the snippets, too. The last 2 have sounded so muddy to me and some of these lyrics sound like they're going to be dumb as fuck for the sake of being unique and weird, just like the majority of K-12 and After School

You hit the nail on the head about the lyrics! HAHAHAHAHAHA 

People worried pot is messing with her voice, im here worried it’s causing her brain damage… that’s a serious downgrade since Cry Baby! Im sure all her ass licking friends don’t help either… I’m certain when she played them Spider Web they were like: You ate queen! :flop:

At least at times u can still see a bit of her creativity and potential… a shame all of that will remain unreleased! I don’t get how the label doesn’t push her to release the good stuff rather than garageband demos… some of the outtakes have a bigger chance of going viral than the snippets so far! and then she shits all over the label in songs like Numbers and Detention when apparently she has full control of her craft (sometimes unfortunately…), I don’t get it :bebe:

At this point I really doubt her management is forcing her to do nothing. They literally leave her go silent 4 years each time, don’t release singles, they give her budget to make a whole ass “movie”, it’s obvious she’s the one deciding the songs that make the cut… and still she’s not happy? 

RIP Garden, TV, N&T, DB and Sirens :rip:

27 minutes ago, 132 said:

And it's still better than the 4 month long snippet fest that was K-12. shut up and eat ur food likeeeee lets be grateful this era has a long timeline

Just now, misslonaxo said:

And it's still better than the 4 month long snippet fest that was K-12. shut up and eat ur food likeeeee lets be grateful this era has a long timeline

the way i dont understand what you mean, lemme go write a melanie song 

The leaked songs are leaked. I'm happy we're getting some sort of iterations or updated version of Tunnel Vision at the LEAST. If it's crucial to her story it will make the album (I guess Drama Club is the example). But like, what do you expect artists to do in this situation? Sirens is one of her top search results on youtube with close to 800k views on 1 video alone. Say she kept the best of the leaks. Then what, Atlantic gives her a month long rollout teasing a song that's already reached mass consumption for zero profit? I know we all wish Mel could say fuck it and drop the popular leaks as a gift, but she can't. I'm so tired of this inexplicable argument, even though it's out of love for this music. 

5 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

The leaked songs are leaked. I'm happy we're getting some sort of iterations or updated version of Tunnel Vision at the LEAST. If it's crucial to her story it will make the album (I guess Drama Club is the example). But like, what do you expect artists to do in this situation? Sirens is one of her top search results on youtube with close to 800k views on 1 video alone. Say she kept the best of the leaks. Then what, Atlantic gives her a month long rollout teasing a song that's already reached mass consumption for zero profit? I know we all wish Mel could say fuck it and drop the popular leaks as a gift, but she can't. I'm so tired of this inexplicable argument, even though it's out of love for this music. 

Didn't stop Miley from releasing plastic hearts :flop:

(The lack of album sales was due to RCA delaying the physical release for too long after the album went up in digital stores.)

5 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

She should do a follow-up to portals in the form of a compilation album. shove the outtakes on there :true:

3 minutes ago, 132 said:

She should do a follow-up to portals in the form of a compilation album. shove the outtakes on there :true:

If she won't I will :crossed:

Tho someone would have to help me make the album graphics cos mine can look more like a Graphics Design Is My Passion moment 💀

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

If she won't I will :crossed:

Tho someone would have to help me make the album graphics cos mine can look more like a Graphics Design Is My Passion moment 💀

me asf 

12 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Didn't stop Miley from releasing plastic hearts :flop:

(The lack of album sales was due to RCA delaying the physical release for too long after the album went up in digital stores.)

And still her best album till this day, although ESV is growing on me a lot 

I don’t care about the leaks as long as the album is good! The thing is… most of the leaks were good and showed improvement while the snippets… are not so great :wtf:

20 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

jj

20 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

And still her best album till this day, although ESV is growing on me a lot 

I don’t care about the leaks as long as the album is good! The thing is… most of the leaks were good and showed improvement while the snippets… are not so great :wtf:

jj

fairee soiree currently has me in a chokehold i need her to release it sounding similar to the demo :toofloppy: it prob wont happen

16 minutes ago, baked said:

fairee soiree currently has me in a chokehold i need her to release it sounding similar to the demo :toofloppy: it prob wont happen

i need her to release something except for...you know what

Just now, 132 said:

i need her to release something except for...you know what

tbh she could release an Eartha Kitt cover :crossed:

i aint mad about that thought tho :crossed:

songs like Lilac Wine (1953) or Guess Who I Saw Today (1967) could work well with her voice :defeated: