Jack

Melanie Martinez

Spider Web will be the TikTok hit and the most streamed song on the album, I’m calling it now :xgiggle:

People with taste everywhere will lose, and it will reinforce her putting nonsensical lyrics over microwaved beats for the rest of time :true:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

8 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Spider Web will be the TikTok hit and the most streamed song on the album, I’m calling it now :xgiggle:

locals ruin everything

3529b34b93b370a525d25d708b8a830b.jpg

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

Didn't stop Miley from releasing plastic hearts :flop:

(The lack of album sales was due to RCA delaying the physical release for too long after the album went up in digital stores.)

Fair point! I feel like PORTALS has more momentum than Plastic Hearts did tho. That was during the pandemic and Miley didn't really repopularize much until TikTok picked up the Stevie Nicks/Blondie covers. In a perfect world, obviously i'd choose Sirens over Spider Web.. or battle or limbs or developing. However, we're mortal and God is the jester. or whatever the fuck she says in Test me

11 minutes ago, 132 said:

traffic on the highway:

Track 6: cry baby drives school bus out of Faerietown and tries to merge onto the K-12 university freeway but nobody can leave. Does that rhyme im working on the storybook

Just now, misslonaxo said:

Track 6: cry baby drives school bus out of Faerietown and tries to merge onto the K-12 university freeway but nobody can leave. Does that rhyme im working on the storybook

track 14 (deluxe track) Tree of Life

With the Tree of Life

You start in the womb

12 yo locals: OH MY GOD THIS IS HER BEST WORK!?!11?!

3 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

Also i actually felt piss exit me i was laughing that hard, it wasnt even that funny tho

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

2 hours ago, misslonaxo said:

The leaked songs are leaked. I'm happy we're getting some sort of iterations or updated version of Tunnel Vision at the LEAST. If it's crucial to her story it will make the album (I guess Drama Club is the example). But like, what do you expect artists to do in this situation? Sirens is one of her top search results on youtube with close to 800k views on 1 video alone. Say she kept the best of the leaks. Then what, Atlantic gives her a month long rollout teasing a song that's already reached mass consumption for zero profit? I know we all wish Mel could say fuck it and drop the popular leaks as a gift, but she can't. I'm so tired of this inexplicable argument, even though it's out of love for this music. 

I think you make a lot of very valid points here, and I don’t truly know enough about the industry to know the true explanation. But wouldn’t the appeal of songs like Sirens, TV, N&T be a testament that they would be a success? If they were fully fleshed out, HQ versions of the songs that people already love low quality versions of, coupled with visuals, wouldn’t that be a recipe for success? Everyone who loves the songs would surely listen to the new, better versions if they’re listening to the leaks.

I mean, Cry Baby had two songs on it from the Dollhouse EP, and they still made the album, yes evidently she thought that they are vital to the story, but they had already been exposed to the public over a year before CB came out. 

And you’re right, it is out of a love for the music and for the artist that we know deserves to have these songs put out to the general public. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

3 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

At this point I really doubt her management is forcing her to do nothing. They literally leave her go silent 4 years each time, don’t release singles, they give her budget to make a whole ass “movie”, it’s obvious she’s the one deciding the songs that make the cut… and still she’s not happy? 

Late response, but for all the shit Atlantic Records receives(and deserves), you have to admit how gracious they've been towards her. She got signed on her first album to a huge label that immediately backed an insane tour and merch spread. Then not only did they greenlight her second album, tour, and more merch, but gave her almost 7 MILLION DOLLARS to turn the album into a full length film, and kept her signed even after going through an insane controversy where she was never legally proven innocent. After all this, and even after seeing how poorly her movie sold, they still greenlit her for a second movie, more tours and merch, and apparently extra music videos, too. She should probably be kissing their ass, lol..

12 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

Late response, but for all the shit Atlantic Records receives(and deserves), you have to admit how gracious they've been towards her. She got signed on her first album to a huge label that immediately backed an insane tour and merch spread. Then not only did they greenlight her second album, tour, and more merch, but gave her almost 7 MILLION DOLLARS to turn the album into a full length film, and kept her signed even after going through an insane controversy where she was never legally proven innocent. After all this, and even after seeing how poorly her movie sold, they still greenlit her for a second movie, more tours and merch, and apparently extra music videos, too. She should probably be kissing their ass, lol..

And still she keeps complaining about the industry blah blah blah (as shown in the lyrics of Detention, Show & Tell and Numbers)

sounds a little bratty and spoiled to me, you don’t bite the hand that feeds you specially when there are other artist who really go through a lot with their labels (Bebe Rexha, Porcelain Black, Neon Hitch, Kerli, Zella Day, Kim Petras, etc)