Jack

Melanie Martinez

42 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Who is opening? 

Tanukichan according to a post Mel put out a few days back.

Show finally started (apparently she was supposed to be on at 6, she got on at 8:30) and she's wearing the prosthetic :facepalm: Hopefully we get Sirens live, I think at least the choreography for that might be interesting. 

6 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Appears to just be the album in order. Those lives are terrible!

I'm holding out hopes for a good encore, but with the prosthetic I'm going to be surprised if she doesn't have to leave early. It's too hot for it. 

14 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

no old tracks? we won! 

i lowkey hate it when artists just continuously re-perform old songs EVERY tour

3 minutes ago, The Siren said:

no old tracks? we won! 

i lowkey hate it when artists just continuously re-perform old songs EVERY tour

I don't mind it as long as it's not the SAME old tracks. I'm happy to not have to sit through HSSH or Play Date, but I think with how much Test Me was hyped as a "bridge" between her old/new music it would've been better if she preformed a 2-3 older tracks, test me, and then Portals, possibly not in track list order just so it's a bit less predictable. 

8 minutes ago, grayson stark said:

Doesn't look as good at k-12 tour

For most of the show I've not been able to see anything because of the lighting blending in with the backdrop and the costumes. Hopefully for future shows she wears a different outfit that is easier to see in the colored lights.

Edit - Why does she keep randomly speeding up and slowing back down :crai:

5 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Lol, seriously. Not 5 straight seconds before it cuts out. Why they would choose TikTok to stream on, I have no idea.. Twitch stream wasn't any better though so we'll just have to wait for better videos to be uploaded tomorrow.

Side note, I like the overall costume but does it bother anyone else that the textured "skin" suit isn't fitted to her body? I'm sure it's to help her skin breathe during performances, but I think then she should just go with the simple pink bodystocking/body paint that she used in several teasers. It's probably a lot lighter for concerts anyway. She doesn't need to do it all every time.

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Is she just ending it on womb or is she coming back... (she came back) 

so is this the setlist?

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/melanie-martinez/2023/fillmore-auditorium-denver-co-2bb960ba.html

how was the Sirens performance :trisha:

I just saw the thing about her saying she's gonna do both a visual album AND a film for portals

1st of all, where the hell is that budget coming from, Atlantic are out of their minds

2nd of all, what exactly is the point of that :deadbanana:Like yeah, it prevents another Recess situation, but is 2 visuals for each track that necessary

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

9 hours ago, The Siren said:

she really played the whole album lol?

glad that Pluto and Powder made it tho.

I know people complain when artists play old songs but thats only a problem when its the same old songs tbh. Including MPH, alphabet boy, two K12 songs and even Pity Party dare I say would be interesting. 

3 hours ago, Andre Lamoglia said:

the tour is horrible and turrible... im sorry :facepalm:

Alright? It was literally the first show of the tour and it was fine. :bye:

I swear discussion is so dead on this thread right now, lol. It's just a bunch of random blurb posting, hate comments and "SOMEBODY LEAK 'MOMMY I THREW UP ON THE PLAYGROUND' NOW!!!"

5 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

Alright? It was literally the first show of the tour and it was fine. :bye:

I swear discussion is so dead on this thread right now, lol. It's just a bunch of random blurb posting, hate comments and "SOMEBODY LEAK 'MOMMY I THREW UP ON THE PLAYGROUND' NOW!!!"

The thread is dead because nobody posted Livestream links AND it's a weekday :crossed:

12 minutes ago, The Siren said:

The thread is dead because nobody posted Livestream links AND it's a weekday :crossed:

It's been like this for weeks. People will try to start a discussion or post an opinion, and either get ignored completely or told they're all "rehashing the same opinions over and over". It's not like everyone here is going to read 200 pages backwards just to see what people were saying at X-date in time.

And pretty much since Portals came out, there's been some actual discussion, but mostly just random comments being thrown out in attempt to get laughs/likes, AKA the "LEAK 'MOMMY I THREW UP ON THE PLAYGROUND' NOW!!" every 5 minutes. It just feels like lately you'll either come back to 2 new posts begging for something we've been waiting on for years to finally leak, or 200 posts that basically say nothing or are just arguing with each other. It's like a circlejerk all of the sudden.