Jack

Melanie Martinez

So, can someone explain why people compare Melanie and Billie? I keep seeing comments comparing them or making them compete and I don't get it.

Billie basically took Melanie’s place. A lot of Melanie stans who stopped supporting her during the whole Timothy mess moved onto Billie. Melanie was becoming a huge artist, everytime she dropped a video it was number 1 trending on twitter, etc. Then the whole Timothy thing happend and she didn’t release music for 4 years. During this time Billie popped up and the ex crybabies became Billie fans. A lot of people also think their music is simillair. (specifically the don’t smile at me ep)

qfrWuBl.png

So, can someone explain why people compare Melanie and Billie? I keep seeing comments comparing them or making them compete and I don't get it.

kjsdlfdskjf to be fair, when I first heard her debut EP the day it was released, i literally thought it was Melanie at first...... here's my first post in the Billie thread on here:

she sounds JUST LIKE melanie martinez on Bored. hoooolyyyy  :hdu:

and this EP is good :flutter:

lABVyGE.png

Billie basically took Melanie’s place. A lot of Melanie stans who stopped supporting her during the whole Timothy mess moved onto Billie. Melanie was becoming a huge artist, everytime she dropped a video it was number 1 trending on twitter, etc. Then the whole Timothy thing happend and she didn’t release music for 4 years. During this time Billie popped up and the ex crybabies became Billie fans. A lot of people also think their music is simillair. (specifically the don’t smile at me ep)

ahh. thanks for the explanation. this makes sense.

giphy.gif

I never miss the opportunity to promote my favourite band and all the things they have in common with Melanie Martinez so:

I made a post of songs that seem highly relatable to songs on K-12, and some are so specific I can't ignore it. Their first 3 albums were school-childhood themed. 

https://the-art-of-superstition.tumblr.com/post/186597647099/songs-by-the-birthday-massacre-that-are-mirrored

is anyone else going to the second showing (the 8:30 showing) of K-12 at AMC Empire 25 (New York City)? I didn't preorder tickets to the the special 8:00 showing with the Q&A fast enough so I won't be able to see that one, but i'll def be at the later showing!

i kinda hope her album leaks before then, so i could listen to the album first.

giphy.gif

Still boggles my mind how people think they can judge a whole song off a 5 second snippet recorded with a 2005 motorola flip phone... this gave me absolutely nothing cause the snippet was too short

does anyone think the tour will have songs from both Crybaby and K-12 or just K-12 songs?

Only K-12 I reckon.. the Cry Baby tour set list was the whole album in order bc of the story, so I think for the K-12 she'll basically reenact the film but on stage

She announced the tour dates and OF COURSE she‘s not returning to switzerland...

More dates to come but i guess she‘s just talking about other continents. Not gonna get my hopes up