Jack

Melanie Martinez

19 minutes ago, Peace said:

how many mm3 songs leaked?

One song, multiple snippets of one concept, and some titles. 

4 minutes ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

as much as im grateful to hear Night Mime and Mistakes in HQ why are the low quality vocals just slapped behind the instrumental at certain parts both songs  :toofunny:

Its rlly annoying and just ruins both songs for me

They were recorded like that ? when I first heard the leak I thought it was an upscale, it still sounds like she recorded it under water. 

4 minutes ago, Salem said:

One song, multiple snippets of one concept, and some titles. 

They were recorded like that ? when I first heard the leak I thought it was an upscale, it still sounds like she recorded it under water. 

The vocals are too low bit rate for me to believe that tbh. It sounds exactly like low quality versions.

1 minute ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

The vocals are too low bit rate for me to believe that tbh. It sounds exactly like low quality versions.

Idk, it's from Cuca and he doesn't really have any reason to make an edit like that. Also, there's other full HQ songs in wonky quality like cooties. 

11 minutes ago, One with the Gods said:

The hqs are real…

Do y'all prefer Rough Love John Feldmann 2013 or the Redd Lights rework? I also really like the Melanie produced worktape

The worktapes are all better than the finals imo. I like the guitar more than the jazzy instrumentals. 

58 minutes ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

as much as im grateful to hear Night Mime and Mistakes in HQ why are the low quality vocals just slapped behind the instrumental at certain parts both songs  :toofunny: Its rlly annoying and just ruins both songs for me

49 minutes ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

The only low quality vocals in the Robopop HQs are the Night Mime verses, and that was intentional / a real part of the song. They wanted it to have that vocal effect, kind of like the Dead to Me intro. These are the exact files that were retrieved from Melanie's manager

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

17 minutes ago, One with the Gods said:

I understand but John Feldmann's productions aren't jazz. Reworks aren't jazz either

They aren't jazz but they have clear jazz inspiration

3 minutes ago, playingwithmyonepercent said:

The only low quality vocals in the Robopop HQs are the Night Mime verses, and that was intentional / a real part of the song. They wanted it to have that vocal effect, kind of like the Dead to Me intro. These are the exact files that were retrieved from Melanie's manager

It's pretty noticeable in Mistakes bridge as well but I guess I'm gonna have to deal with both.

Thought they were edited tbh :toofloppy:

Here's the performance of the unleaked version of Birthing Addicts (unfortunately the intro was cut), it was possibly produced by The Elv3n. She also performed Dear Porcupines (The Elev3n's version), Rough Love (John Feldmann's version) and Love Somebody cover. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mUSmJDYlS3fVe8h7HVaLZDbDe-Mng3nN/view?usp=sharing

UAmFDOp.png

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Idk, it's from Cuca and he doesn't really have any reason to make an edit like that. Also, there's other full HQ songs in wonky quality like cooties. 

Cooties sounds perfectly fine to me, for me its Arts and Crafts.... the whole song sounds muffled but especially her voice and it drives me insane. But im not sure if its bc it was edited or the quality got messed up bc sometimes Melanie's songs just seem to be produced like that... its the same with Coloring Book although I did find a version of it that sounded less muffled but it was probably edited. I think it might be the production itself cuz The Principal and HSS have vocals that sound weird and kinda lq even tho theyre technically not... like kinda more "scratchy" if that makes sense?? the rest of the album sounds normal too its just with those two songs.

SPEAKING OF.. can someone PLEASE remaster Arts and Crafts. A while ago I saw someone make an edit of WDBCF that made the vocals sound clearer and thats the same thing the song needs, but that person hasnt been here in a long time so :toofunny:

1 hour ago, Sugartears said:

Here's the performance of the unleaked version of Birthing Addicts (unfortunately the intro was cut), it was possibly produced by The Elv3n. She also performed Dear Porcupines (The Elev3n's version), Rough Love (John Feldmann's version) and Love Somebody cover. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mUSmJDYlS3fVe8h7HVaLZDbDe-Mng3nN/view?usp=sharing

Even though this live arrangement is kinda similar to his studio version, I don't think she was performing John's version of Rough Love here. That show seems to have been in April

While Melanie's session with John when they worked on Rough Love/A Thousand Words/Last Chapter was in May: Tommy English on Twitter: "Happy birthday to me! @JohnFeldy @MelanieLBBH @NeonHitch http://t.co/t6dUmUidiB" / Twitter Jose Martinez on Twitter: "@MelanieLBBH day #2 in the studio finishing up #RoughLove #TheVoice" / Twitter

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

4 hours ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

as much as im grateful to hear Night Mime and Mistakes in HQ why are the low quality vocals just slapped behind the instrumental at certain parts both songs  :toofunny:

Its rlly annoying and just ruins both songs for me

fun fact robopop produces in such a LQ, even bittersweet released is upscaled :toofunny:

anyways rip mm3 we’ll miss you

5 hours ago, Spacki said:

Papercuts rough demo? 

https://dbree.org/v/f74547

this is v5

18 hours ago, Yellow said:

drop ur favorite Mel songs please I want to make an extended candy floss mix

Nightmime, Arts and Crafts, and Ringpop (I like both the demo and final) but I will throw down in a Denny’s parking lot for my boo Nightmime lol

anyone know if Gold Diggin Love is coming soon?

if it does I will share MM3 PERFECT ALOHA 

AND HOOLA GIRL

AND 

SEE YOU AT THE BEACH IN HAWAII

AND PINA COLADA BARBIE 

Plus I will share I DONT DRIVE I WALK MM4

girlies what the hell just happened

8 minutes ago, NeonHitched said:

anyone know if Gold Diggin Love is coming soon?

if it does I will share MM3 PERFECT ALOHA 

AND HOOLA GIRL

AND 

SEE YOU AT THE BEACH IN HAWAII

AND PINA COLADA BARBIE 

Plus I will share I DONT DRIVE I WALK MM4

bad timing someone just leaked like 7 tracks um