Jack

Melanie Martinez

5 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

the film itself, probably not.. mel's entire k-12 album cycle and the tour, yes most definitely.. i think the label treated the film as a large chunk of the "promo" for the record and so they spent less money than they would elsewhere on other endeavors.. 

regarding portals, melanie probably said that she wouldn't make the album without the film and the label likely acquiesced since melanie is huge with the locals and online rn and they'd make money regardless of funding a film or not

this makes a lot of sense :true:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

9 hours ago, Pop The Balloons said:

That's taste actually 

Maybe it’s an unpopular opinion but I preferred the OG music video for Soap… I don’t know… something about the double feature has always made me cringe… it’s not like it has anything bad but I don’t know :bebe:

8 hours ago, The Siren said:

i have a feeling this creature has legs. or at least an older evolution of her will have legs

portals_.jpg

Well… If you see closely in the egg snippet you can tell trough the light of the fetus that it actually has legs :fabcat:Anyway I wouldn’t worry about if it has a fishtail or not, rather that ugly ass face with the prostetics  :omfg2:

8 hours ago, baddisease said:

why "hopefully"? K-12 was really good.

:omfg2:

8 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

be serious 😭 the film was unnecessary and the plot made zero sense.. she'd be much better off making individual music videos for each track (with a storyline connecting them all PERHAPS.. id prefer a more mild storyline but wbk mel's super into her character so).. i think she'd also be more creatively fulfilled that way.. melanie just isn't a filmmaker

that’s the truuuuth! 

With K-12, if she only had a co-director and a team of writers with her I think we could have had a great movie… something Tim Burton! :crai:

Instead we had to put out with that insufferable piece of crap! I usually don’t like to talk shit about something when it obviously took her so much time and work but… that movie has literally no redeeming cualities at all and I’m surprised no one around her is trying to convince her otherwise… like it’s so freaking bad it’s painful to watch, I cringe so hard with the acting skills, the multiple plot holes, stupid dialogues… also don’t get me started with that superpower X-men shit! It makes 0 sense and takes away any kind of excitement when she uses her “powers” to resolve literally anything, like all the music videos finish with her or her friends doing that Carrie crap to get away of any situation… but I won’t mention all the things wrong with the movie cause that would take forever! :usrsney:

the only thing good about its some of the visuals, period. :facepalm: Like the concept in some parts had potential like in Class Fight, SS, S&T or Nurses Office (until that portal thing happened?? What was that about??) 

Feels like a label gave millions to a 7 year old to make a movie about whatever comes out of her ass! Like the dialogues and plot literally feel like something a toddler would make… This time around I don’t see how it’s gonna be different… I mean, If I was in the label I would make the most to talk her out of it… :awkney2:

making a music Video for each song is already a great effort from the label to support an artist (most singers don’t have that faith put in them, let alone in their debut album), she should feel lucky. Also releasing a music video for each song little by little its a great way to mantain the hype of the era even once the album has dropped… in my opinion it’s the reason why lots of us were hooked to the CB era… I remember waiting for the next video to drop with such excitement! With K-12 that didn’t happen, she dropped everything and dissapeared, I got bored so quickly!!

miss Melanie did the things right in her first era the proceeded to fuck everything up for the sophomore album :true:

I’m pretty much not believing any track list leaks but I am definitely not believing anything that changed Tunnel Vision to TUNNEL, Bffr. Even Melanie’s questionable decision making self could not make a choice like that. :crossed:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkWrwBWOLRf/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

So I just saw this video Ashnikko posted in October of 2022. Looks like everyone's hopping on that magic mushroom and fairy gardens theme lately, lol.

The tree there reminds me a lot of the mushroom scenery in the Portals teasers, too. Wonder what she's coming out with later today.

2 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkWrwBWOLRf/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

So I just saw this video Ashnikko posted in October of 2022. Looks like everyone's hopping on that magic mushroom and fairy gardens theme lately, lol.

The tree there reminds me a lot of the mushroom scenery in the Portals teasers, too. Wonder what she's coming out with later today.

OMG I thought the same when I saw it :trisha:

My heart skipped a beat, I thought there was gonna be a collab on ashnikko's album :trisha:

14 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

the fact that she had the nerve to tease the best song on the album and edit this in a way it looked like we were gonna get an amazing film :rip:

literally what I was thinking!! The trailer did overshadow the film like A LOT 

1 hour ago, 13 Bitches said:

the fact that she had the nerve to tease the best song on the album and edit this in a way it looked like we were gonna get an amazing film :rip:

Idk about NO being the best song :hooker:

2 hours ago, The Siren said:

OMG I thought the same when I saw it :trisha:

My heart skipped a beat, I thought there was gonna be a collab on ashnikko's album :trisha:

Notice the posts on ashnikkos insta about her new album 😬 I like her too but like.....

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

1 hour ago, Pop The Balloons said:

Notice the posts on ashnikkos insta about her new album 😬 I like her too but like.....

You better watch it before I pinch your lips off if you say anything negative about miss Ash :crossed:

Ot: another day without any album teasers?