Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Like Alphabet boy, a song I dislike, single handedly kinda ate k-12 up in it’s entirety :bebe:

I might be one of the few who enjoys Alphabet Boy I see… It took me a while to get into it but… those adlibs in the bridge totally sold it to me :hair:

4 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I might be one of the few who enjoys Alphabet Boy I see… It took me a while to get into it but… those adlibs in the bridge totally sold it to me 

no for me its her Best released song like:true: the song itself is so freaking gorgeous but that outro :lange: that outro Just making me on the floor, simply one of the Best

let alone absolutely genius lyrics that goes along with the theme of the song and when i found out she did the a-b-c-d versrs that Just only confirmed a thousandth time why i love her:true:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

19 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

Detention was the most commercial song out of K-12, imagine the collapse if she released it as a single with the MV... her pop diva moment was there :trisha: I hate her for not releasing a choreography focused music video

The way she managed to make a song that talks about being worn out in music industry sound like a sexy song that could be done by any other mainstream pop girl, her goingon the full sexy image people expect from latinas and the choreography being SUPER SEXUAL(the live performance with her doing a "blowjob" suggestion:nails: she was so real) it would be a cultural reset,  I will never forgive her and atlantic for this waste

3 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I knew I’d be controversial there :oic2:

In no way do I dislike them just the ones I don’t really listen to. 

I actually agree with u, if u add Trainig Wheels to that list those are most definetly the songs I skip the most 

Most people have a sweet spot for that song because it’s her first single, music video, the introduction to Crybaby… but let’s be honest, it doesn’t have the replay value other songs have like Piry Party and Soap… idk 

if I had to pick three faves from CB: Mrs Potato Head, Tag You’re It, Mad Hatter

I just remembered I had a dream nightmare last night that Mel posted a snippet of some new song to the melody of Needle and Thread and totally changed the lyrics, and it was some super watered down song and she took out all the thread/clothing references :cryney:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Just now, sadness is a butterfly said:

if I had to pick three faves from CB: Mrs Potato Head, Tag You’re It, Mad Hatter

Replace Mrs potato head with pity party and that's NY top three from that album :agree:

1 minute ago, lanaismamom said:

i honestly enjoy evey single song from CB era cuz what she was doing that era is phenomenal on every level except dead to me.... it never hit me properly:excited: 

Noo I love dead to me :trisha:

im just revisiting K-12… OMG it’s bad! 

like Class Fight is horrible :bebe:

“Kelly had a fat ass and trouble was cooking” might be her worst ever… I remember when someone leaked the album and I heard it for the first time I thought it was a joke or something, I couldn’t believe otherwise

Also The Principal… 

“what if I told ur mother, her son was a cruel motherfucker”

“it’s not just me, it’s everybody who thinks that ur fucking ugly when u come and hurt us” :eek: Also the outro…

like… what was she thinking?? I CRINGE SO HARD

I did gaslight myself to like it, but there’s no salvation for those lyrics and for that I honor her :xgiggle:

Just now, Anonymcomenter said:

im just revisiting K-12… OMG it’s bad! 

like Class Fight it’s horrible :bebe:

“Kelly had a fat ass and trouble was cooking” might be her worst ever… I remember when someone leaked the album and I heard it for the first time I thought it was a joke or something, I couldn’t believe that wasn’t a joke or something

Also The Principal… 

“what if I told ur mother, her son was a cruel motherfucker”

“it’s not just me, it’s everybody who thinks that ur fucking ugly when u come and hurt us” :eek: Also the outro…

like… what was she thinking?? I CRINGE SO HARD

I did gaslight myself to like it, but there’s no salvation for those lyrics and for that I honor her :xgiggle:

i really don't fuck with the lyrics on this album. some of the instrumentals though? slap

violets in your eyes

4 minutes ago, babetteateoatmeal said:

i really don't fuck with the lyrics on this album. some of the instrumentals though? slap

the instrumentals are fine in some songs…

but the lyrics… the more I hear them… I feel my brain rotting… SHE REALLY DID COMMIT TO THE KINDERGARDEN THEME, THE LYRICS FEEL LIKE A TODDLER HAS WRITTEN THEM :heidi:

“I’m scared I will get thrown away like a banana peel” 

I could make a top 5 with her worst lyrics for each song, seriously