Jack

Melanie Martinez

7 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

sometimes it adds to the story… like in Tag Your It but in Lunchbox Friends doesnt make sense… she literally said in an interview the strange voice was supposed to represent other characters point of view or talking… yet in the LF music video she sings the whole part… 

if it’s for stylistic reasons I guess it’s fine but something in the way they produce her voice recently bugs me… it’s like she doesn’t pronounce the words and it’s really difficult to understand what she’s saying… or maybe that’s just how she sings… Either way I always have to look up the lyrics :um2:

Well she did damage her vocal chords a little bit I generally don't have much of an issue understanding her or her lyrics. 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

2 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

Well she did damage her vocal chords a little bit I generally don't have much of an issue understanding her or her lyrics. 

Maybe ur right, after all English is not my first language… but still I understand Cry Baby era songs better… maybe it’s the wording or the way sings I don’t know 

5 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Melanie Martinez There Is Gonna Be A Surprise Tomorrow About Melanie Her Label Said, I Thought The Tracklist Reveal Is Tomorrow And That Tracklist Looks Fake But Idk Anymore jpg

Melanie Martinez And Ik Damn Well That Mel Didnt Just Scrap Sirens From The Album, She Missed A Hit And That Tracklist Is Honestly Ass jpg

Melanie-Martinez-portals-tracklist-itll-

Amanita… Pale Flesh… Ruptured… guess we are getting creative

Also, for all the people thinking she will re-name the songs or change the titles… I don’t remember in which interview but she did say she stars off thinking a list of song titles and then composed the songs around them (when asked about her writting process) so I don’t think there will be any of that… but we’ll see 

13 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Melanie Martinez There Is Gonna Be A Surprise Tomorrow About Melanie Her Label Said, I Thought The Tracklist Reveal Is Tomorrow And That Tracklist Looks Fake But Idk Anymore jpg

Melanie Martinez And Ik Damn Well That Mel Didnt Just Scrap Sirens From The Album, She Missed A Hit And That Tracklist Is Honestly Ass jpg

Melanie-Martinez-portals-tracklist-itll-

This better be fake...... Say sike rn........

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

30 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

sometimes it adds to the story… like in Tag Your It but in Lunchbox Friends doesnt make sense… she literally said in an interview the strange voice was supposed to represent other characters point of view or talking… yet in the LF music video she sings the whole part… 

if it’s for stylistic reasons I guess it’s fine but something in the way they produce her voice recently bugs me… it’s like she doesn’t pronounce the words and it’s really difficult to understand what she’s saying… or maybe that’s just how she sings… Either way I always have to look up the lyrics :um2:

with LB you could argue that the first verse is sung from kelly's perspective and the rest is crybaby but on songs like the principal, class fight or detention it doesn't make any sense and it's overused

ngl the character thingy should be left for mvs / film, and in the album it all should be told by herself / her character i guess..

i mean with the leaks not having that pitch alteration it actually sounds beautiful and to me the k-12 songs having that overuse pitch change doesn't. i hope in the album no pitched up or down vocals were added.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

17 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

This better be fake...... Say sike rn........

Don’t worry! It’s so obviously fake it’s painful to watch :omfg2:

Like why change Sirens title to Fountain when it’s much less appealing and interesting… also the “description” of the back cover doesn’t sound right but… after watching the front cover anything is posible I guess…

i have nothing to add to whatever conversation is going on rn, but i stand by the fact that teacher's pet is not only top 5 in k-12, but also one of the most underrated songs in her whole disco :true:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

I tried revisiting k-12 and the writing just seems so lazy. Not only that, but Detention, Show & Tell, Teachers Pet, and Strawberry Shortcake seem to be the only songs that hold up to time imo . Lunchbox Friends Nurses Office and High School Sweethearts could be so good like… HSS could’ve been one of her best. But she like avoided writing anything significant in 2/4 of the song. The steps to being her sweetheart are absolutely laughable. The others were just completely snubbed of any potential. Anyway that’s all I’ll say :true: but she has this once chance to redeem herself

6 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

I tried revisiting k-12 and the writing just seems so lazy. Not only that, but Detention, Show & Tell, Teachers Pet, and Strawberry Shortcake seem to be the only songs that hold up to time imo . Lunchbox Friends Nurses Office and High School Sweethearts could be so good like… HSS could’ve been one of her best. But she like avoided writing anything significant in 2/4 of the song. The steps to being her sweetheart are absolutely laughable. Anyway that’s all I’ll say :true: but she has this once chance to redeem herself

I really don’t understand the fuss with Strawberry Shortcake… like the writting there is so bad!! Too in the nose and the metaphor does nothing (also Wtf has a SS to do with school)… the message also… well! A Marina-esque horrible “feminist” anthem :bebe:

For example Drama Club feels much more organic and well written (I don’t get the hate honestly, the chorus might be a little repetitive but at least it’s catchy and the verses are good), the metaphor actually adds something to the song and message is quite good! Also along with Detention might be one of the few from the album to have a hard hitting beat to make u dance 

6 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

I tried revisiting k-12 and the writing just seems so lazy. Not only that, but Detention, Show & Tell, Teachers Pet, and Strawberry Shortcake seem to be the only songs that hold up to time imo . Lunchbox Friends Nurses Office and High School Sweethearts could be so good like… HSS could’ve been one of her best. But she like avoided writing anything significant in 2/4 of the song. The steps to being her sweetheart are absolutely laughable. The others were just completely snubbed of any potential. Anyway that’s all I’ll say :true: but she has this once chance to redeem herself

I really only like HSS for the instrumental and the sound of her vocals :agree:

2 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I really don’t understand the fuss with Strawberry Shortcake… like the writting there is so bad!! Too in the nose and the metaphor does nothing (also Wtf has a SS to do with school)… the message also… well! A Marina-esque horrible “feminist” anthem :bebe:

For example Drama Club feels much more organic and well written (I don’t get the hate honestly, the chorus might be a little repetitive but at least it’s catchy and the verses are good), the metaphor actually adds something to the song and message is quite good

because kids love sweets :deadbanana:

6 minutes ago, The Siren said:

because kids love sweets :deadbanana:

I get that but still… so bad! So many school themed titles and she chooses that? To me sounds like she wanted to make a feminist song (I don’t have anything against it if done right) to seem woke and pull the metaphor out of her ass. Like I said it reminds me a lot of Marinas lasts efforts… and that’s not a compliment 

And I loved the snippet when she teased it… but the result… there’s no salvation for that song, the chorus and verses and bridge sound so disjointed 

7 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

For example Drama Club feels much more organic and well written (I don’t get the hate honestly, the chorus might be a little repetitive but at least it’s catchy and the verses are good), the metaphor actually adds something to the song and message is quite good! Also along with Detention might be one of the few from the album to have a hard hitting beat to make u dance 

Detention was the most commercial song out of K-12, imagine the collapse if she released it as a single with the MV... her pop diva moment was there :trisha: I hate her for not releasing a choreography focused music video

2 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

worst songs on CB (Dollhouse

Already, take it back :crossed:

1 minute ago, missanthrophocene said:

Detention was the most commercial song out of K-12, imagine the collapse if she released it as a single with the MV... her pop diva moment was there :trisha: I hate her for not releasing a choreography focused music video

Esp with the rise of TikTok, etc :trisha:

It could've been a viral trend :trisha:

5 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I don’t find much on K-12 worth listening to :crossed:. Wheels on the Bus is probably the only one I like and even the worst songs on CB (Dollhouse, Sippy Cup, Teddy Bear) destroy Wheels on the Bus. 

I agree with Sippy Cup and Teddy Bear, Dollhouse I don’t listen that much but I think it’s undeniable the lyrics are genius there (there’s a reason why that’s her trademark song) 

TB has a really strange beat I never could get into… I don’t know why it sounds odd to me like anything else in CB 

13 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

please i saw teacher's pet and thought you were about to drag it right after i posted praises :deadbanana: i agree about show & tell, but I don't listen to SS or detention. actually, i don't listen to most of the album LOL. I'd say the only ones i actively seek out are Show & Tell, Lunchbox Friends, TP, Drama Club, and Fire Drill (don't care that it's not on the album, i consider it part of k-12). Also, I can't stand nurse's office. i remember when k-12 first came out and people were highlighting that song :bye: the sneezing/coughing just repulses me 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

5 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

Detention has one of the catchiest choruses of the album I agree! Probably would have gotten a viral moment if played right 

the thing for me personally is the concept is sooo weak and the lyrics so bad… like she could have done a sexy song about meeting with a boy in detention, yet the final result doesn’t make any sense (also a message already used in Show & Tell and Nurces Office)…