Mileena

Kerli

On 1/7/2024 at 11:49 AM, PCM86 said:

Hi guys! I've been following Kerli's career ever since 2008, since her first debut single came out.

This is one of the most active Kerli's posts out there so I thought about clearing some things up, since I have talked directly with her on her patreon.

Her new single, "Alchemise" is really interesting and intriguing. Is her most mystical thing she has ever done. I'm really happy with it, especially after "21st Century Kids" which I ended up liking it but was disappointed at first. She promised lots of music this year, a new era and her most spiritual and best body of work to date.

So, many of you have talked about the "Deepest Roots" album, which we all believed to have been scrapped in 2016-2017 and that it was hidden on her laptop somewhere. She gave me permission to clear this with other fans, since I asked her about it. Thing is... it never really existed an album for "Feral Hearts". In a way, I'm happy to finally known this since I was really sad about not having that album because I was really expecting it since I loved the three singles and everything was really well done. She told me those three singles were just part of the Estonian campaign she did in collaboration with them to promote the country. There were several songs written but she has no more songs from that era like truly done. There was no album planned apart from "Shadow Works". So, by the time she had these singles out the opportunity for "Spirit Animal" and representing Estonia came and that took a lot of time and resources for her so the album proccess stopped. After all that ended, she had most of the Shadow Works  songs written but she needed to complete the album and record it, so she was doing that during 2017 and 2018 mostly. So yeah, I'm glad I finally have a response for that. 

No Roots album? The earth shook a little :shock2:

Now that is something I didn't expect to happen, I really hoped that there was something very in the vein of Feral Hearts, Blossom and Diamond Hard hiding somewhere.

Alchemise is really good, it sort of give me dark Shadow Works vibes but infused with the magic of the 2016 singles? idk I think this new era could be a sort of continuation (in style and aesthetics, not a sequel per se) of those three songs. I can't wait for it to happen! Fingers crossed for an album. It's definitely a huuuuuge improvement after 21st Century Kids, which to date I haven't really enjoyed.

I'm so happy however that she cleared it up. Did you, by any chance, ask her about the other two songs she did for Alice Through the Looking Glass soundtrack aside from Racing Time? I think the titles are Follow Your Compass and In the Ocean of Time, and I think it'd be lovely if she could give us those two for free like she did with Racing Time.

Thanks for sharing the info!

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

49 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

No Roots album? The earth shook a little :shock2:

Now that is something I didn't expect to happen, I really hoped that there was something very in the vein of Feral Hearts, Blossom and Diamond Hard hiding somewhere.

Alchemise is really good, it sort of give me dark Shadow Works vibes but infused with the magic of the 2016 singles? idk I think this new era could be a sort of continuation (in style and aesthetics, not a sequel per se) of those three songs. I can't wait for it to happen! Fingers crossed for an album. It's definitely a huuuuuge improvement after 21st Century Kids, which to date I haven't really enjoyed.

I'm so happy however that she cleared it up. Did you, by any chance, ask her about the other two songs she did for Alice Through the Looking Glass soundtrack aside from Racing Time? I think the titles are Follow Your Compass and In the Ocean of Time, and I think it'd be lonely if she could give us those two for free like she did with Racing Time.

Thanks for sharing the info!

I didn't asked her for those tracks, I did asked if "Spirit Animal" was intended for the "Feral Hearts" album and she didn't mentioned it but since there was no actual album for that I guess it wasn't necessary. I might ask her for those tracks one of these days. She seems very nice lately, answering fans on her instagram too, really active, love to see that.

Yeah the new single is great, it also reminded me to "Shadow Works" but with more ethnical elements here and there, like more spiritual. She said the new era would be very ethnical and I can see in this track some indian / indonesian influences? Anyway, I'm really excited about this upcoming project, hopefully is a full album she just said today to a fan "wait and see" to that question so I guess it is indeed an album.

Alchemise is SO GOOD! Back to form, I hope the rest of the EP sounds this great. 5 tracks, I think it's titled OVERSOUL? Sounds like a brilliant title already.

ngl I'm so glad the Joy thing is out the window for now. If it comes back, I hope it's with renewed energy

38 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Alchemise is SO GOOD! Back to form, I hope the rest of the EP sounds this great. 5 tracks, I think it's titled OVERSOUL? Sounds like a brilliant title already.

ngl I'm so glad the Joy thing is out the window for now. If it comes back, I hope it's with renewed energy

Wait just 5 songs and an EP? where did you read this? I can't find anything on her socials.

Anyway after 5 years without music she just released a song last year and now 5 songs, it's a bit of a let down. I mean if this would have been in 2 years time is ok I guess but 5 years... I expected at least 9 -10 songs :( 

Anyway Alchemise is really good, to me is on par with "Mimicry" which is one of her best songs.

Ok I saw her new post, it's still confusing, a fan told if there's 4 more new singles until the full album is released and she said "maybe" with a white heart and a wink.

Hopefully is an album. It's just that 5 tracks is not enough after so long but I'll take whatever she brings though.

I don't know how to insert videos here but:

Kerli - Alchemise - YouTube

3 hours ago, slayyyngel said:

I found her from 21st Century Kids but Alchemise is really really cool and atmospheric yet also catchy at the same time, I love that.

Ooooh I bet you'll like the 2016 singles then! Check Feral Hearts, Blossom, Diamond Hard and Spirit Animal. Among her best material!

51 minutes ago, PCM86 said:

Ok I saw her new post, it's still confusing, a fan told if there's 4 more new singles until the full album is released and she said "maybe" with a white heart and a wink.

Hopefully is an album. It's just that 5 tracks is not enough after so long but I'll take whatever she brings though.

I don't think it's confusing at all, she likes to keep us hanging on her comments. I know it's underwhelming but at least it's a body of work and not just a string of singles... I think it's pretty much confirmed it will be a 5-track EP + she's said in the past she doesn't believe in the album concept anymore so I lowkey doubt we'll get another album from her, at least in a while.

But if she decides to be releasing EPs every 1.5 or 2 years, that would be much better than her long seasons without releasing music... we'll see

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

she's said in the past she doesn't believe in the album concept anymore so I lowkey doubt we'll get another album from her, at least in a while.

But if she decides to be releasing EPs every 1.5 or 2 years, that would be much better than her long seasons without releasing music... we'll see

Yeah, she said that about releasing EP's not long before Shadow Works but she changes her mind every day so I never take that seriously what she says. Futhermore EP's do not function well nowadays (way worse than albums) and most of her fans want an album anyway. She is the kind of artist in which I see her more doing full body of works. 

But well, we'll see what happens in the end. Honestly, it wouldn't be that bad if at least she released a 5 track EP every two years or so but she is not even giving us that, 5 years have passed already and we will only have 6 tracks ever since 2019. I love her but she is going really slow lately.

Ok she said this to a fan many weeks ago on her instagram in the Umbra NFT post:

"NExt album has its own world, something totally crazy and new...been working on it during the pandemic"

I wonder if she was talking about Oversoul there or another project (the one for 21st Century Kids, if there was any). We know she worked for this new era during 2020-2022 and in Summer 2022 she started doing the costume for the 21CK video and put this one on hold for whatever reason so I doubt she had like an album done/planned for that.

24 minutes ago, PCM86 said:

Ok she said this to a fan many weeks ago on her instagram in the Umbra NFT post:

"NExt album has its own world, something totally crazy and new...been working on it during the pandemic"

I wonder if she was talking about Oversoul there or another project (the one for 21st Century Kids, if there was any). We know she worked for this new era during 2020-2022 and in Summer 2022 she started doing the costume for the 21CK video and put this one on hold for whatever reason so I doubt she had like an album done/planned for that.

I lowkey fear she sometimes uses EP and album terms as synonyms :ohno: iirc even Kerli herself has referred to Shadow Works as her third album, as Utopia was her second but it was an EP... unless she's referring to the full album that was shortened into an EP. idk.

But yeah somehow I don't think there was an album where 21st Century Kids belonged to. Its release was so slow idk, and for Alchemise she immediately announced its parent EP, so it's more likely OVERSOUL has been in the making and then she decided to give Joy a chance with 21CK - though I suspect fan reaction contributed to its suspension.

Her new post IS EVERYTHING, such a concept, true art. Giving so many Bjork vibes...

In this post a fan posted "concept album?" and she said "yes". Hopefully she doesn't mistake EP with that or I will be disappointed, lol.

Utopia was a full album anyway, she knows every fan has the leaked one so yeah, I can see why she says she has 3 albums.

2 hours ago, PCM86 said:

There's no project housing 21ck and, it was a one-off since the beginning. I think it wasn't even supposed to be released originally but she wanted something a bit more bright and upbeat before putting out this new project. The EP has been fully complete, mixed and mastered since early 2021!

自由になる自由がある

3 hours ago, konnichiwalski said:

There's no project housing 21ck and, it was a one-off since the beginning. I think it wasn't even supposed to be released originally but she wanted something a bit more bright and upbeat before putting out this new project. The EP has been fully complete, mixed and mastered since early 2021!

But maybe during those three years she was able to do more tracks for it? or maybe she is finishing some songs now. I don't know, her saying this is a concept album makes me wondering if it really just have 5 tracks. Unless it has instrumentals, interludes , intros and outros and that's why she says that.