Sign in to follow this  
SissyReed

How has Lana influenced your life?

I remember in one of Lana's interviews she said: 

"Find someone who has a life that you want and figure out how they got it. Read books, pick your role models wisely. Find out what they did and do it.”

That quote always struck me and now I'm finally taking her advice. I always told myself that I wanted a sugar daddy and now I have one. Lana has a life that I want, I'm pretty sure she has had at least 3 sugar daddies, she's my role model, I am figuring out what she did and I'm doing it  :brows:

But in all seriousness Lana has influenced my life for the better in so many ways, her music speaks to me. 

yaaaaaas  :party:

I have a very boring life. I don't have many friends, I get sad a lot. When I listen to Lana, and when I absorb her lyrics, I feel like a completely different person. It feels like I'm that girl who can get what she wants, everybody likes her, had a wild and colorful life. She's everything that I'm not. I feel confident, empowered. I feel great. The emotions she puts in her music, I feel it, as if its mine. Y'know that feeling, like you get nostalgic about the memories you never had? Maybe that's why she's so important to me, because she makes me feel like everything that I'm not. 

4BZPaCg.jpg

I have a very boring life. I don't have many friends, I get sad a lot. When I listen to Lana, and when I absorb her lyrics, I feel like a completely different person. It feels like I'm that girl who can get what she wants, everybody likes her, had a wild and colorful life. She's everything that I'm not. I feel confident, empowered. I feel great. The emotions she puts in her music, I feel it, as if its mine. Y'know that feeling, like you get nostalgic about the memories you never had? Maybe that's why she's so important to me, because she makes me feel like everything that I'm not. 

yes, i feel you! i am the same type of girl as you are + i always live in my own worlds. lana songs suit them well... :rip:

nsaalk.jpg

Are you doubting her ability to affect me in such a way?

#exposed

now child. i already dun told you what kind of EXPOSED i am. and Miss Tina ain't here right now.

you didn't discover sadness from your first boyfriend or the first clap back thrown right back at you?

Lana helped bring out a lot of my latent tendencies, like a genuine preference for older men, and casual misanthropy and/or hand-stapled-to-forehead dramatics when things don't go my way. Things that I didn't dare to embrace before she spoke about them so openly to me.

TMI, trigger warning and suchlike -- but without Sirens, I would probably have killed myself three years ago. It was invaluably comforting to know that someone had been through pain as mundane and earth-rending as my own was, at the time.

A love for strangers. A love for strangers becoming friends, lovers -- and dedication to love itself, its pursuit. I didn't learn what love is through Lana's music, but it was a catalyst for me to find out on my own.

We're similarly minded, but not really. It's nice to know that someone out there shares your life values, or the closest anyone'll get to their exactness, anyway.

It's interesting to think about. I think association is helped by the fact there's always a Lana song to describe your mood, somehow. I'll go from "Stoplight De-lite" to "Other Woman" and back in the span of thirty minutes. :lmao:

rihKQ8M.gif

At the age of 12 i was just as lost and curious as i am today and one day after school i was watching the tv and her h and m commercial came on. At first I thought she was just a beautiful model lip syncing then I looked it up and saw the name "Lana Del Rey". And the first music video I watched was blue jeans. I instantly fell in love and since 2012 have been a hardcore fan. I found alot of myself within her, her preferences her life struggles.

My 15 year old ass back in 2012 was very insecure, afraid of commitment, afraid of my own desires and showing myself to other people in general - I used to feel like I can't fit in. Lana came into my life and changed the whole perspective for loneliness, attitude towards my own character and qualities and completely reshaped my relationship with myself.

Thanks to her I accepted everything I learned and just went with it. Some may say she was just a spark to the whole thing because we may not resemble that much, but I just know that's all thanks to her.

Not to mention me coming across inspiring people who also share the love for her also was the resolution. I met so many babes and fell for so many people who mean so much. Sometimes I wonder how have I been doing all my life with all the casuals around me :eek: 

Then there's the fact she introduced all of us to many forms of art, no doubt.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Lana made me the happy person I am now tbh. Sounds cheesy, but that's how it is. UV really got me through a tough time.

Oh, and I just spend way too much money now for her music, merch, shows etc., so she's making me poor.

image.png

Reading through all these responses is making me feel like I'm odd one out here in that I don't really connect to music?? Like I enjoy listening to beautiful songs, appreciate beautiful lyrics, but mostly for their aesthetic value or as inspiration for a story, I never connect them to my life and experiences...I guess I just don't relate to music like I do with film and television.

Anyway, I love Lana's aesthetic and her songs have inspired me to create things, but I can't say I relate to her music, or anyone's for that matter. I just appreciate her talent and originality.

fq1rcbo.gif