Sign in to follow this  
SissyReed

How has Lana influenced your life?

I was thirteen when I first heard of Lana, it was the end of 2011. I was in the first grade of the Middle School in my country. It's usual the beginning of the time when you start to discover yourself and find your hobbies. I must confess that who am I today is 1/3 because of my dad and 2/3 because of Lana Del Rey. :lanahairflip:

"Lolita" --> before Lana I knew I liked older men etc. but I had never seen it as some kind of fetish that can be appreciated. Lana helped me to define myself, I guess. :candy:

James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, "The Godfather", "Scarface", "Easy Rider", "Pretty Baby" etc. --> I simply wanted to see all the movies Lana was singing about/watch movies with her fave actors and actresses. Now I am 18 years old Federico Fellini, Woody Allen, Quentin Tarantino, Ingmar Bergman,  Michelangelo Antonioni etc. stan and planning to be a filmmaker in the future, trying to get into Art School after I finish High School next year. :smile:

Lou Reed --> my dad is a big fan of Lou but my dad himself never made me like his music. It was actually Lana. I got into Lou, The Velvet Underground, then Iggy Pop, David Bowie etc. I started to be really interested in avant-garde and pop-art as well. :brows:

Elvis Presley, Bruce Springsteen, The Doors --> not ashamed to admit that Lana made me like them. :rock:

Walt Whitman --> in my country Whitman isn't that famous since he's 100% American but I borrowed his poems from my dad and totally fell in love with this guy. :smokes3:

History --> I always liked history but thanks to Lana I know stories of JFK, Manson Family, Marilyn Monroe's life (Lana songs made me read books and articles). :smile3:

Many songs, books, movies - artists that made who I am this day. She showed me the artists who then showed me another artists.All because of Lana Del Rey. :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

What is your story? :creep: :creep: :creep:

nsaalk.jpg

I think she gave me a little taste of what love is (sometimes she makes me want to fall in love) and my writing was very influenced too, I can get really deep sometimes. Also, I think I speak like her sometimes, like when she says "electrifying" for example. I tend to explain stuff using mataphors, etc, because it feels easier (my head is very messy when it comes to explain things). And, of course, the flower crown!  :troll: This one I'm 100% sure it was Lana's influence!

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

She influenced me greatly there's no doubt about that! Not only did I start l8steaming to her in 6th grade but it was a very important time in my life! Middle school for me was very confusing. But Lana helped me get through it, I don't really think if I hadn't found her music I wouldn't be here right now. Espically, during 7th grade when I fully realized I liked boys romantically. She influenced me in the way I approach life & love. Espically with being able to move on but letting the love & the memory of it live long after in your heart. I also cherish nature more. She made me want to study metaphysics as well it's a very interesting beach if philosophy that really fascinates me. Espically since, I tend to look at everything before really deciding in something. Also because, a lot of the books I read deal partly with the metaphysical realm. I also started meditating. I unfortunately don't have enou enough time because of school. But then again when I started it gave me an innner clarity of how sad I really was, it was very constant. I take a lot more risks because of her as well. She defintley inspired the way I write as well. I know you guys know that I write songs & I really could write about anything I wrote one inspired by a perfume called Mad About You lmao. But I also get the fact that I scrap a lot of these. I've written at least 100 and I've undoubtedly completely scrapped at least 80 of these. I have a daddy fetish as well. I sympathize with the song Daddy Issues as well. Lastly, & strangely each time Lana release a new album & or single I feel very in tune with it as it usually inspires me around that time. Now that I look back at it during the Honeymoon era I did definitely have a "Blackest Day" & a "Swan Song". It's almost as if Lana is a very complex soundtrack to my life. I also used to not be live in God. But I now do, though I am Catholic, my religion is rather strange. It's very makeshift. Almost as if I was inspired by a multitude of religions, mixed them together then, voila! Though I do find that me & Lana do have similar ways of life. But overall, she inspired me to be myself unapologetically, to use my sexuality to get what I want, & that when everything else fails I can always rely on the love that I have for others, espically ones that are gone to get me through my darkest times. That's about it, sorry for writing so much & I hope everybody has a great day.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Oh yeah! And she heavily influenced in my relationship with religion and spiritualism. I'm closer to this thanks to her and it's probably the aspect I was the most influenced!  :pray2:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I got a paradise tattoo last night

Lana f'd my life up

For the better tho

She's an angel and has soothed my soul many times when I needed it

She's a bae

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

shes made me depressed

really? i mean, i know her music is depressing but i think you have to be a sad person in general to start liking her music. it couldn't be like you were 100% happy all the time before you started listening to lana... you wouldn't even like her in first place but correct me if i'm wrong :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

nsaalk.jpg

really? i mean, i know her music is depressing but i think you have to be a sad person in general to start liking her music. it couldn't be like you were 100% happy all the time before you started listening to lana... you wouldn't even like her in first place but correct me if i'm wrong :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

i used to be believe it was just me being sad, but then i came to the realization that i remember a time where i wasnt depressed and that was before i found out about lana and listened to her on an hourly basis. i dont think its the topics of her songs, its more the pace of the songs. theyre all super slow and sad sounding so it makes me feel depressed.

i used to listen to pop songs like shakira and rihanna, etc. and in those times (before i liked lana and alternative music) i was super happy

i used to be believe it was just me being sad, but then i came to the realization that i remember a time where i wasnt depressed and that was before i found out about lana and listened to her on an hourly basis. i dont think its the topics of her songs, its more the pace of the songs. theyre all super slow and sad sounding so it makes me feel depressed.

i used to listen to pop songs like shakira and rihanna, etc. and in those times (before i liked lana and alternative music) i was super happy

oh, okay! i had no idea that music can influence so much... i mean i listen to music to get happier and even the saddest songs make me happy when i'm sad (because i feel like i'm not the only one)... maybe you should stop listening to lana for a bit if that makes you sad? or is it this kind of love when you know it's doing you wrong but you just can't stop? :)

nsaalk.jpg

she changed the way i look at music, lyrics, visuals, etc., so yeah just a general deeper appreciation for the arts, that and she introduced me to several artists and writers who've changed my perceptions on the world. but with that being said ive always been an old soul anyways lol :) we share a similar story

VyIsfwC.jpg

oh, okay! i had no idea that music can influence so much... i mean i listen to music to get happier and even the saddest songs make me happy when i'm sad (because i feel like i'm not the only one)... maybe you should stop listening to lana for a bit if that makes you sad? or is it this kind of love when you know it's doing you wrong but you just can't stop? :)

ive been trying to stop listening to lana and go back to rihanna and shakira but its so hard cause lana makes my world go round

How do I post this without sounding so much like an obsessed freak-fan? Lol

For me, I discovered Lana from BTD my junior year of highschool. So hearing songs like This is What Makes Us Girls helped me cope with my lifestyle at that point in time, if that makes sense. I was a wild child in a sense and I felt connected to her. And I always felt like I needed a lover in my life to feel complete, and that spoke to me through her music. So I related. 

Paradise spoke to me on levels when I was in college, first got there and felt so confused. I worked at this theater about 30 miles from campus and the drive to and from work was like my escape. When I heard Ride for the first time I just rolled all of my windows down and cried. 

Then came UV. It shooooook me. I had been in a rough relationship, very chaotic but full of love at the same time. And I related to it. Shades of Cool was my anthem driving around the backroads of my town at night. 

Honeymoon was also relevant to my life recently, engaged and living with my life partner. We have a very interesting dynamic. Which I related to in the songs of HM.

As you can see, sonically, I have grown up with her albums. Each release has related to my life events at that time so to me, she holds a very special place for me. I can put on a track from Paradise and close my eyes and remember memories of living in the dorms in college. 

Songs have helped me understand my own thoughts/feelings about situations in my life at the time. If I can’t explain what i am thinking/feeling, I can often find a track and it just speaks what I am thinking. 

Lana has given me a voice that I was afraid to find, and never realized I had. She has inspired a lot of me getting back into writing over the years as well. I have learned tons of her songs on guitar. She just helps me creatively as well as emotionally. 

I now sound like a Maaaaaajor Stan but idc

:hawt:

Lana really gave me an ear for music. I'm not just talking about taste though, like now I can identify different instruments in songs and I've learned so much about what goes into song creation and how it always starts with a concept. She's also had a huge impact on my clothing style, and style in general. Without Lana i'd probably never have gotten into music and I would've probably remained how I was before (before I didn't listen to music almost at all before) 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I won't make a long ass post, but she influenced me greatly. I wouldn't be the same without her. I started to like her when I was 13 so yeah, that says a lot. I am deeply connected to all of her albums and I listen to them literally daily. I never get tired of her voice.

She helped me cope with depression and somehow embraced it???

Oh and also I remember the first time I discovered her and really got into her music.

I had the Lana Del Rey EP (VG, BJ, BTD, OTTR) and I was reading the Hunger Games and to this day, I still pair the two together 

First we feel; then we fall.