Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

I know that. But if they are forced to release the song now, everything is to be changed. Like if the March 17th date was the real one, and if they had planned some "promo" events around the song, the leak forces Lana's team to cancel them.

If the march 17th was really real then :rip: what were they thinking putting up posters in february.

i76mrxw.png 

YAIL IS COMING, Lana's VEVO page has 31 videos but only 30 public ? I don't remember if an old video was made private maybe but it would be smart to just release it

giphy.gif

YAIL IS COMING, Lana's VEVO page has 31 videos but only 30 public ? I don't remember if an old video was made private maybe but it would be smart to just release it

Ok i can't tell if you're joking or not

i76mrxw.png 

pre-release meltdowns always have two layers here. ofc there's the actual meltdown about the thing itself, but then it's always intertwined with shady personal affairs  :derpna2:  

kySyfQZ.jpg

Ok i can't tell if you're joking or not

where's the joke ? I just don't remember if Lana's page has always had 31 videos or just now lmao

giphy.gif

i feel so upset for lana. imagine working so hard on a project and being excited about sharing it with the world, and then not only losing out on being in control of your own creation, but having someone within your team leak (possibly even selling it) to random people who then use the situation to gain notoriety or respect online. it's such a disgusting display of selfishness on behalf of those who posted the song online, and i cant even conceive of what the person in lana's team thought the advantage of leaking her material would be. sure, people are talking about the leak online, but only within fan communities. online blogs were reporting the posters; meaning that the promotion she was using to spread the message of her creation in her own time was working. lana's and her team's silence on this bothers me. i know that ed has been around but it's not the same as demonstrating that they are making an active effort to protect the rest of lana's material, as well as trying to deal with the leaks that have already happened

i'm so exasperated -- y'all better fücking buy her album when it comes out nd give her those coins

tumblr_oq5qbhvXRQ1v790vno1_540.png

The leaked song is generic Lana (theme, lyricys, melody). I have to say that is boring (which is now expected from a Lana-Nowels colab). The song has absolutely no commercial value so stop the drama, listen to it and buy it when it will be available. YAIL could have been easily on HM in my opinion and LDR 5 it's shaping up to be a HM level commercial flop: my prediction is that the album will struggle to sell 300-350k globally and she will seldom enter in any top 10 chart in the first week. I didn't expected anything commercial from her (she's out of that demographic anyway) but this song is not the quality switch that I expected from her.

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

Apparently the posters aren't up anymore. I wonder if they were taken by fans or taken down by her team.  :(

Where did u hear this? That would be really upsetting :(

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Probably some stupid fan wanted to have them in their room SMH

BTW, I actually expect better sales than HM considering

1) all the buzz and hype

2) more upbeat tracks

3) iconic videos

4) more promo

5) growing world population lmaooo

Apparently the posters aren't up anymore. I wonder if they were taken by fans or taken down by her team.  :(

The problem is that apparently more songs leaked from the album. That would be tragic indeed

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers