Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

In my view LDR5 will be the ultimate test if Lana can morph in a true quality artist. She has 0 commercial appeal left, she and her label knows that and even her non-delusional fans know that. Probably, the forthcoming "era" will not have any serious promo and the videos will be in the same halfhearted, amateurish style that she adopted starting with the UV era.

BTD+Paradise was a provocative era on all levels: sonically, visually, she had some controversial messages, with a clear pop appeal, UV was a good shot at the quality artist status with a cohesive sound and message (yes UV had a message in my view it was her response to her detractors), but HM was a botched attempt to continue that trend: HM has a boring sound, visuals and there was no message (the lyrical content is forgettable). So LDR5 will be about her capacity to convey a message and put it consistently in a lyrical context and music which any quality artist do. But after following her for 4 years I don't have high hopes of something interesting coming out with LDR5, I think that it will be more like a continuation of the HM era

As s/he's coming back from a self-imposed ban, the user name is actually an accurate and clever marketing ploy.  Welcome back!

I don't think the negativity in the post should be criticized *just* because it is negative. It can be criticized because it is vague though. True quality artist? What the heck is that? The best the post can do is to compare LDR to herself at different stages of her career. And if you're going to say HM is boring or lacks a message? What about all the people that like it (including critics)? I mean it's kind of like saying the sky is green, isn't it? I'm not saying you don't have a right to that opinion; I'm saying your opinion is treated too much as a reality, despite the fact others do not perceive it that way. Oh and what about references like "non-delusional fans" and "0 commercial appeal"? I mean HM still sold respectably for an alt-indie album, and with virtually no promo. Who's delusional? 

Tbh a part of me doesn't want LDR5 to be commercial and get radio play. I kinda like how Lana is a low key kinda pop artist...but I wouldn't be bothered if she got radio play either. Just mixed feelings. But yeah. I want the colours to be a faded blue and yellow colour, idk why. I actually saw a legit still from her new music video (I won't post it and please don't message me for it) but I don't think in this era she'll have blonde hair...sorry guys. But overall I definitely see a 70s vibe going on, I see flowers (like 60s/70s flower power movement thing). Key words that pop up in my mind are 'freedom land' 'daisies' (someone on here posted about how each album had a significant flower, I think a daisy will be for LDR5), 'girls', 'ice cream', 'drugs' etc. I'm getting a very summery vibe guys and I'm honestly so excited.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Stop hating on the font.. it's so unique and iconic that Dua Lipa is using the same one

:creep:

Lana HAS to cover a Jeff Buckley song. She's a fan of his work and he has great songs that I think her voice will suit very nicely. Search 'Lilac Wine' and 'Lover, You Should've Come Over'.

FUN FACT: Lana named the song 'Gods and Monsters' after the band that Jeff Buckley used to be in.

omg are you sure about the G&Ms thing ?

giphy.gif

What if she decided to dump the iconic font and motifs she does for every album cover. :eek: The meltdowns would be funny af but honestly it would be so very refreshing. 

It would be even more refreshing if she ditched the bad "california themed" music though  :makeup:

i76mrxw.png 

receipts ? I've never seen an interview where she talked about jeff buckley

In a performance she did at l'Olympia she mentioned how she felt honored because Jeff Buckley and Edith Piaf played there (can't remember where I saw it), so she's def a fan. And on Jeff's Wiki page (yeah, I know, it's not reliable) if you go on the 'tributes' section, you'll see Lana's name and the description. I would send a screenshot to make it easier but I'm on my phone and I'm lazy.

Okay so i have two random questions, you know how lana said she'd been sober for years, then how come she's drinking jack daniels whiskey in her Kinda Outta Luck video? Or is it just like water or something? Because if it is then that's hilarious lol.

And another question, at home does her family like call her lana or lizzy? Cus she hasn't legally changed her name to lana so i'm just curious

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Okay so i have two random questions, you know how lana said she'd been sober for years, then how come she's drinking jack daniels whiskey in her Kinda Outta Luck video? Or is it just like water or something? Because if it is then that's hilarious lol.

And another question, at home does her family like call her lana or lizzy? Cus she hasn't legally changed her name to lana so i'm just curious

She still drinks (even if it's bad for her, considering that she had problems w/ alcohol when she was younger). 

I think they call her both. Idk

In her spotify playlist of her "favourite songs" she included Dream Brother by Buckley

Nice! Dream Brother is one of my favorites.

Tbh a part of me doesn't want LDR5 to be commercial and get radio play. I kinda like how Lana is a low key kinda pop artist...but I wouldn't be bothered if she got radio play either. Just mixed feelings. But yeah. I want the colours to be a faded blue and yellow colour, idk why. I actually saw a legit still from her new music video (I won't post it and please don't message me for it) but I don't think in this era she'll have blonde hair...sorry guys. But overall I definitely see a 70s vibe going on, I see flowers (like 60s/70s flower power movement thing). Key words that pop up in my mind are 'freedom land' 'daisies' (someone on here posted about how each album had a significant flower, I think a daisy will be for LDR5), 'girls', 'ice cream', 'drugs' etc. I'm getting a very summery vibe guys and I'm honestly so excited.

As soon as you said about daisies being the symbol, it's actually just clicked for me. It has to be daises... 

It really makes sense imo

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

who is excited for the album ? 

what are your expectations and worst fears? 

I'd love to see an album that's not only focused on the aesthetics. I want to see her doing deep songs, with beautiful lyrics. I'd like to see her talking about other stuff rather than love. I want this album to be something new.

Oh, and I'm really afraid that it's going to be a commercial-pop album with no meaning, just songs that have been made just to be played on the radio and to make her sell more than she did w/ the last two albums. 

I'd love to see an album that's not only focused on the aesthetics. I want to see her doing deep songs, with beautiful lyrics. I'd like to see her talking about other stuff rather than love. I want this album to be something new.

Oh, and I'm really afraid that it's going to be a commercial-pop album with no meaning, just songs that have been made just to be played on the radio and to make her sell more than she did w/ the last two albums. 

I am not expecting anything out of the ordinary for her, I am nervous though for the album direction and how it ties into the story progression of her albums. 

I am not expecting anything out of the ordinary for her, I am nervous though for the album direction and how it ties into the story progression of her albums. 

Let's hope that she uses the '60s-'70s importance on politics as a source of inspiration. Even music-wise, we have pretty good stuff from these decades