Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

Side Note: remember when Lana was the only mainstream alternative girlie around and was almost on the same lever as Gaga, Katy etc.

yeah now she's on Father John Misty day's level aka no one has ever heard of them.

i76mrxw.png 

RANT TIME ************************

I am annoyed at the idea she would have any sort of collaboration with any singer on her album. I don't want her to collab with FJM, Marina, or anyone else because Marina doesn't fit her and I can't imagine her doing a feature with another female singer, it's just not lana for me. And I honestly would be annoyed is she continues covering nina simone when shes not really doing it justice. I don't want any covers unless she does something by peggy lee, other than that I am not here for it.  And FJM is your token hipster try hard and let's be real here, we would know nothing about him if it wasn't for her. He is overrated and will only bring her project down. Her promo or lack of is honestly a mess. Since 2013 it hasn't been persistent or direct in success and I have come to the conclusion that she doesn't want to become a sell out or have so much exposure. I feel like she is right where she wants to be. Because if she wanted to be as big as a britney or your token popstar, we all know she has the chops vocally and thematically to do so, but she doesn't want to. She has matured her direction and likes her fanbase and touring pattern. But her album sales and promo have been going down year by year. I am personally annoyed by her management for not being as active as they one were in her new project and letting things leak and letting whoever have access. I am starting to question the trustworthiness of certain producers, labels, and people on her immediate team as to what their intentions are. Our girl needs to get this sorted because if she waits any longer without any form of notice it is bound to leak. Her managers only come in after something gets out and they aren't doing their job. She doesn't do promo because she doesn't want to or doesn't have the guidance/resources to do it where it would come into comparison to her promo in 2012. And promo is a big deal. Because 85 percent of the people in her fandom would not know about her including myself. Without promo this applies to most artist who are semi new.  

Additionally people are hating on the idea of a "Snoozer album" or a "honeymoon pt2". I want to let you know that I feel she might be doing this new album in a similar direction of hm in a way that will progress this story even more. So if your against it being dreamlike or similar in california style that shes moving towards, you aren't supporting the story progression and you should honestly listen all over again to her album and see where shes going in the story. Also people expecting it to be like born to die in the sense of fast pace and hip hop style. HAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA That would make her plummet even more, you are kidding right? She came in 2012 at the perfect time with the perfect sound that tied in her theme. She can't just revert back to that time and then automatically have success. 

Please don't be silly in expecting anything besides something lana would do because she sticks to her story and thats why I love her. The album will not be coming any time soon, especially after all the mess that happened. And give her time, mind you BTD took collectively 10 years to be made considering all the label shopping around, outtakes, and such and look at how great it was. UV took collectively three years and look at how impressed we were with her. Give her time. 

I'm staying at this strangers house tomorrow so guys if i die can you make sure you throw a memory stick with a leaked copy of yail in my grave please so i'll forever be at peace thanks

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I like to see y'all discussing about the record without asking for leaks.

I have a feeling this record will be really really good. I'm excited to analyze its concept.

Here is a great idea-

Lana

Gaga
Katy Perry

Weeknd

doing "That's what friends are for" (ala Dionne, Gladys, Stevie and Elton John) when they remade the song Rod Stewart originally sang for a movie

(written by Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager) (every great Bacharach hit was sung by a female singer)

with the horrors of the dictator Trump now, all recording artists that are liberal Democratic folks and all female artists on the side of good, not evil,  gotta stick together

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

To be fair, I wouldn't mind if she did a collaboration with another artist - maybe Jack White (I thought JW and Beyonce would be a terrible combination but their song was awesome). Although I'm happier when she doesn't do covers or collabs. I love Honeymoon but it's much messier than her other albums - doesn't flow as well.

malena09.gif

I am glad Rick only did the demos... There are some parts of Honeymoon that sound like poorly edited midi not even hitting the beat mixed with a few acoustic instruments and lifeless drum samples to cover up the messy synths. I'm here for better production. :)

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

RANT TIME ************************

I am annoyed at the idea she would have any sort of collaboration with any singer on her album. I don't want her to collab with FJM, Marina, or anyone else because Marina doesn't fit her and I can't imagine her doing a feature with another female singer, it's just not lana for me. And I honestly would be annoyed is she continues covering nina simone when shes not really doing it justice. I don't want any covers unless she does something by peggy lee, other than that I am not here for it.  And FJM is your token hipster try hard and let's be real here, we would know nothing about him if it wasn't for her. He is overrated and will only bring her project down. Her promo or lack of is honestly a mess. Since 2013 it hasn't been persistent or direct in success and I have come to the conclusion that she doesn't want to become a sell out or have so much exposure. I feel like she is right where she wants to be. Because if she wanted to be as big as a britney or your token popstar, we all know she has the chops vocally and thematically to do so, but she doesn't want to. She has matured her direction and likes her fanbase and touring pattern. But her album sales and promo have been going down year by year. I am personally annoyed by her management for not being as active as they one were in her new project and letting things leak and letting whoever have access. I am starting to question the trustworthiness of certain producers, labels, and people on her immediate team as to what their intentions are. Our girl needs to get this sorted because if she waits any longer without any form of notice it is bound to leak. Her managers only come in after something gets out and they aren't doing their job. She doesn't do promo because she doesn't want to or doesn't have the guidance/resources to do it where it would come into comparison to her promo in 2012. And promo is a big deal. Because 85 percent of the people in her fandom would not know about her including myself. Without promo this applies to most artist who are semi new.  

Additionally people are hating on the idea of a "Snoozer album" or a "honeymoon pt2". I want to let you know that I feel she might be doing this new album in a similar direction of hm in a way that will progress this story even more. So if your against it being dreamlike or similar in california style that shes moving towards, you aren't supporting the story progression and you should honestly listen all over again to her album and see where shes going in the story. Also people expecting it to be like born to die in the sense of fast pace and hip hop style. HAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA That would make her plummet even more, you are kidding right? She came in 2012 at the perfect time with the perfect sound that tied in her theme. She can't just revert back to that time and then automatically have success. 

Please don't be silly in expecting anything besides something lana would do because she sticks to her story and thats why I love her. The album will not be coming any time soon, especially after all the mess that happened. And give her time, mind you BTD took collectively 10 years to be made considering all the label shopping around, outtakes, and such and look at how great it was. UV took collectively three years and look at how impressed we were with her. Give her time. 

giphy.gif

Do you think that the first single of new era, YAIL, will have the same explosive impact of West Coast?

West Coast...... explosive impact ? It's a very good song but literally only lipsters know it. It kinda flopped, how did it have any type of impact ?

giphy.gif

West Coast...... explosive impact ? It's a very good song but literally only lipsters know it. It kinda flopped, how did it have any type of impact ?

It changed being a Lana Del Rey fan 4ever

It definitely had a massive impact, as it was the first time we got to witness the massive diversion from the BTD sound, which many people were not expecting or ready for. It was shocking and different sonically, even if it wasn't so popular on the charts

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Do you think that the first single of new era, YAIL, will have the same explosive impact of West Coast?

Explosive floppage maybe. It changed the trajectory of her career forever.

Till this day, I still think Black Beauty should have been the lead. It's what people loved from Lana.

Explosive floppage maybe. It changed the trajectory of her career forever.

Till this day, I still think Black Beauty should have been the lead. It's what people loved from Lana.

I'm pretty sure Black Beauty would have flopped hard

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I'm pretty sure Black Beauty would have flopped hard

not when Y&B was smashing.

People were craving that type of song from her. Even Old Money as a lead would have done better.

There were immense hype.

I am glad Rick only did the demos... There are some parts of Honeymoon that sound like poorly edited midi not even hitting the beat mixed with a few acoustic instruments and lifeless drum samples to cover up the messy synths. I'm here for better production. :)

Honeymoon. All songs produced by Lana Del Rey, Rick Nowels and Kieron Menzies.

I agree with what you said, but I'm convinced that it's not just Rick's fault. Kieron Menzies and Lana herself were just as involved as him, so I think it's unfair to say only Rick is responsible for how Honeymoon sounds.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

It's really tricky with UV and singles. Personally, there was no real strong single. What could have worked for here was to serve impressive visuals and promote the album heavily, especially through a world tour that would have boosted her album sales. That album was perfect for being performed live.

I would have personally opted for either Black Beauty or an edited Brooklyn Baby as the lead. West Coast will always be my favourite song alongside with Video Games, but who the hell was supposed to play this? And the video didn't serve the quality we were used from Lana. Then the UV video got scraped, she cancelled basically everything and the era was done.

I think because of the not so great commercial performance at first. she gave up on it (and the label), but real artists bounce back, fight and claim their material. I once read an article, not so long ago actually,  from another female artist and how her label reacted when she recorded a quite unconventional and challenging album and how she really turned things round by selling out one show after the other. People that went to the shows were sceptical but she managed to lure them in with the new material and that's how it works.

Lana simply lacks in that department. She wants things to come easy for her and that is not happening.