Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

because they are shit

You really need to expand your music taste tbh. Nuf said.

How much does it even cost to make an album

Thousands. Sometimes millions..

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

how millions. I just guessed around 20k considering highering a producer, photographer, in lana's cause symphony..

how millions. I just guessed around 20k considering highering a producer, photographer, in lana's cause symphony..

It all adds up in the end like paying for producers, mixers, engineering, booking recording dates, recording space, distribution, photographers, writers, arrangements, etc. Pretty pricey stuff

my music taste is ON POINT, sweetheart. go listen to peacock and bow down!

anyways, lana going indie would be the worst case scenario for an artist like lana del rey. she gives zero fucks into actually making her album release and anything beyond it remotely interesting and indie labels can not push an album or give it a bigger budget. her quality in terms of recordings would also suffer. but i guess, y'all want sirens 2 so badly, so that you don't need the xanax prescription any longer

I guess we forget how much work it is for Lana to make music and that it's her JOB. Like she doesn't just have an idea and the next week 'Ultraviolence' is born.

my music taste is ON POINT, sweetheart. go listen to peacock and bow down!

anyways, lana going indie would be the worst case scenario for an artist like lana del rey. she gives zero fucks into actually making her album release and anything beyond it remotely intersting and indie labels can not push an album or give it a bigger budget. her quality in terms of recordings would also suffer. but i guess, y'all want sirens 2 so badly, so that you don't need the xanax prescription any longer

I'm very satisfied with my music taste, thank you.

Tbh I trust Lana to do well making an album that's mostly on her terms. I think she's over the whole BTD sound. The woman is in her 30's, of course she's gonna go for a more mature sound. Interscope wants to keep her young but it's not working. She has lots of money so I'm confident if she were to go independent she would invest wisely. Plus she already has thousands of fans who will listen to it, it's not like she'd be starting from scratch.

I'm very satisfied with my music taste, thank you.

Tbh I trust Lana to do well making an album that's mostly on her terms. I think she's over the whole BTD sound. The woman is in her 30's, of course she's gonna go for a more mature sound. Interscope wants to keep her young but it's not working. She has lots of money so I'm confident if she were to go independent she would invest wisely. Plus she already has thousands of fans who will listen to it, it's not like she'd be starting from scratch.

her fans leak her music and by that damage her charts performance and decrease her streaming numbers.

why do you keep going back to btd when it's not even part of the conversation? i think lana just wrote a song about being young and in love, so i doubt she considers herself old.

lana will invest in her music videos just like she did with ultraviolence and honeymoon. 

her networth is not on the level of beyonce to put endless amount of money into something that as an investment is not being brought back. 

her fans leak her music and by that damage her charts performance and decrease her streaming numbers.

why do you keep going back to btd when it's not even part of the conversation? i think lana just wrote a song about being young and in love, so i doubt she considers herself old.

lana will invest in her music videos just like she did with ultraviolence and honeymoon. 

her networth is not on the level of beyonce to put endless amount of money into something that as an investment is not being brought back.

True, I suppose leaks do damage her charts performance but I still think she's doing well for now.

I'm not saying Lana is old, just more mature.

I mostly meant she could easily invest in producers of she were to go independent, not just MV.

Don't be delusional. Even if Love would not have been rush-released there would be no promo-campaign

Exactly this.

Why is everyone so against Indie artists/labels though?

I'm not against indie artists or labels, I just don't think Lana does anything to promote her career and that she'd fall flat on her face doing any of the shit she does(n't do) if she were given an indie label-level budget.

giphy.gif

Exactly this.

I'm not against indie artists or labels, I just don't think Lana does anything to promote her career and that she'd fall flat on her face doing any of the shit she does(n't do) if she were given an indie label-level budget.

Fair enough but I think an indie label would get her more promo than what Interscope are doing.

True, I suppose leaks do damage her charts performance but I still think she's doing well for now.

I'm not saying Lana is old, just more mature.

I mostly meant she could easily invest in producers of she were to go independent, not just MV.

that is super expensive though. lana is not willing to promote her material with live performances on tv or even a proper world tour. at least, universal is giving some kind of promo an indie label would never give to an artist over 30 who had a quite dramatic drop in sales. 

we all can be very happy that she is actually on a major label. it's all up to her how she wants to present her material. her label is not blame when she mostly sings btd songs. 

yeah lana loves her high budget videos but about half of her videos were homemade with her iphone, her sister does most of her shoots now, she records with the same producers (which are her friends), she doesnt perform on tv, she doesnt do interviews with popular magazines, etc.

shes practically indie, she just needs to switch to a different label

yeah lana loves her high budget videos but about half of her videos were homemade with her iphone, her sister does most of her shoots now, she records with the same producers (which are her friends), she doesnt perform on tv, she doesnt do interviews with popular magazines, etc.

half of them? only uv was

Even better - she should start her own label.