Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

Exactly! All I keep thinking amongst these guys who are worrying about her sales is 'guys. She has like, 2 fuckin mansions, sit down.'

Omg PREECH, i think she has what she wants now, and money ain't on her mind anymore

you're all so boring with this "respect Lana" thing. Let us discuss and speculate on whatever we want, it's not like our comments are ever gonna influence her decision so we might as well criticize what we don't like about her work while obviously supporting her.

No need to kiss Lana's ass all of the time

YIKES, This is how this thread becomes a mess....

Honestly, its the criticism that gets boring, so maybe let some positivity in here if you can handle it?

I think we will all be happier :)

She's an album artist not a singles artist btd sold more than almost every top artist out there as an album because it's not a regurgitated piece of crap

Also that cigarette smoking photo is one of my favourite lana images of all time it's so simplistic and noir

That's not really a good reason to squander buzz.

Just because she's not getting the fame and attention she used to doesn't mean her talent is going to waste. Lana has the potentional to do whatever she wants whether it be performing in stadiums or little concert halls. I think we all need to trust her desicions more...

But she's not using any of this potential, so it is going to waste.

not only do we need to trust her decisions more, we need to respect them. she may have all this potential/talent but i'm pretty sure she's doing exactly what she wants and that's all that really matters.

Why do we need to respect them, though? Lana chose to become famous. She chose to be a singer. She chose to be signed to one of the largest record labels in the world. She could easily have ended up like hundreds of other failed musicians. Thus, her actions in regard to her job can and should be open to criticism and critique.

She's not even touring the US properly anymore so, everyone is gonna stay waiting. I respect Lana's desire to be happy and to make music and not do much else. I selfishly resent the fact that she only does random festivals and no matter how much $$$$ we throw at her and interscope they won't even throw us the bone of a tour. Even a half assed one! You know what band I like a lot? Joyce Manor. They have 20 minute albums! Still pay to see them. Just show up (please don't skip New York :creep: )  play something that isn't Lolita, Cola, and Blue Jeans for 45 minutes and run out the back door. Whatever.

tbh I don't understand the point of playing barely any songs from Paradise, Honeymoon, or Ultraviolence. she knows her fans, the people who pay to see her live, know her work, including her unreleased material. so there should be no problem with performing other stuff.

giphy.gif

That's not really a good reason to squander buzz.

But she's not using any of this potential, so it is going to waste.

Why do we need to respect them, though? Lana chose to become famous. She chose to be a singer. She chose to be signed to one of the largest record labels in the world. She could easily have ended up like hundreds of other failed musicians. Thus, her actions in regard to her job can and should be open to criticism and critique.

tbh I don't understand the point of playing barely any songs from Paradise, Honeymoon, or Ultraviolence. she knows her fans, the people who pay to see her live, know her work, including her unreleased material. so there should be no problem with performing other stuff.

She is using her potentional, just not in the way y'all want her to.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

How though?

The only way for a musician/writer to use their potential is via...music and writing.

giphy.gif

How though?

The only way for a musician/writer to use their potential is via...music and writing.

She has recorded over 200 songs. Hardly a waste.

Guys, it is pointless to fight with some who defend Lana's decisions to refuse to give us anything that other artists give to their fans. It doesn't matter to them. Lana could kill their own mother and they'd still say: "Weill, maybe she had to do that and defend her art and there was also a TV performance planned if she didn't. My mother was also useless, so...."...

what potential is she using when she's only 6 years into her major label debut and the woman has already given up and doesn't promote doesn't perform on tv doesn't do interviews and only goes out to use her money. what potential is she using?

we only know she's alive because she's spotted by paparazzi

beyonce is using her full potential by performing, promoting, etc. and she's been in the business for years and hasnt run out of energy. even halsey promotes and she's a rat!

lanas just a rookie yet she has completely run out of steam

- streaming on instagram

- instagram posts announcing releases

- disappearing after releases for months

- eras lasting about 2 months (other major label artists have eras lasting 1-3 years)

- no performances

- no interviews

- mainly only performs in festivals in california

woowww what usage of potential for a major label artist!

I don't think Lana gives a fuck about how the song is doing. And it really doesn't matter either, as long as it's good, which it is. :creep:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

what potential is she using when she's only 6 years into her major label debut and the woman has already given up and doesn't promote doesn't perform on tv doesn't do interviews and only goes out to use her money. what potential is she using?

we only know she's alive because she's spotted by paparazzi

beyonce is using her full potential by performing, promoting, etc. and she's been in the business for years and hasnt run out of energy. even halsey promotes and she's a rat!

lanas just a rookie yet she has completely run out of steam

- streaming on instagram

- instagram posts announcing releases

- disappearing after releases for months

- eras lasting about 2 months (other major label artists have eras lasting 1-3 years)

- no performances

- no interviews

- mainly only performs in festivals in california

woowww what usage of potential for a major label artist!

Like I've mentioned before, she has recorded over 200 songs, hardly a waste if you ask me. She has used her talent well considering she's still young.

Beyoncé is a different person from Lana, you have to remember that. Yeah, Beyoncé does shit ton to promote herself but it doesn't mean Lana has to do the same, let the girl do what she wants whichever way she feels best. I think at the height of her career during BTD she was pretty depressed because of all the attention so it's understandable if that has put her off from promoting herself today,

I think at the height of her career during BTD she was pretty depressed because of all the attention so it's understandable if that has put her off from promoting herself today,

This is so true i feel like crying

Do ppl even SEE how much happier she is since Honeymoon?

This is so true i feel like crying

Do ppl even SEE how much happier she is since Honeymoon?

nah cause they only care about promotion and tv appearances. they clearly don't actually care about lana lol

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Y'all wanna talk about how little promotion she does these days, but cause you are all non stop talking about it, I think you're doing it FOR her

:)

If she's losing fans, views, publicity, etc, because of 'not doing anything' then like, why are you still here? BECAUSE YOURE STILL A HARDCORE STAN <3 <3 <3 ok

This is the strangest fanbase ever with some very special snowflakes. Her own fans don't want to see her giving interviews, don't want her to perform her new songs, don't want her to be played on the radio, just because they think Lana can not handle the heat.

She is simply not owning her new material. She plays it safe and sings the songs that her "true fans" according to defenders of her behaviour, like the least.

This is the strangest fanbase ever with some very special snowflakes. Her own fans don't want to see her giving interviews, don't want her to perform her new songs, don't want her to be played on the radio, just because they think Lana can not handle the heat.

She is simply not owning her new material. She plays it safe and sings the songs that her "true fans" according to defenders of her behaviour, like the least.

No one said they didn't want her too. We just wish people would stop lecturing us on the economy and demand-sales of lanas music. They're only going to disappoint themselves

Interviews? I mean, that would be great but even Lana said so herself that giving interviews is depressing so....

I think the main problem is that some fans are absolutely fixated on her sales/promo. Just let it go.

No one said they didn't want her too. We just wish people would stop lecturing us on the economy and demand-sales of lanas music. They're only going to disappoint themselves

I could write an whole essay about this, but I too tired and you snowflakes are way too up her ass anyway.

As I said posted earlier on, she could kill your mother just not to perform a new song live on tv, and you'd call your own mother useless.