Mileena

Paradise - Pre-Release Thread

I like from the snnipets:

Body Electric

Ride

Burning Desire

Yayo [because I love the AKA version]

and maybe Gods & Monsters

her lyrics now are lazy, maybe just because the EP might be rushed but I'm gonna wait till I get the ful EP

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Not even going to bother saying what I think - Not a smart move when you're the minority opinion.

Just going to go to sleep and hopefully by tomorrow people stop repeating themselves about every point they make. Becoming really tiring.

It's probably just people moaning like usual, i'll give it a couple of weeks and everyone will be gushing over it. :pft:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

It sounds awful from the snippets TBH. The husky voice is awful. The album just from the snippets sounds like the SNL performance on repeat. I don't even think I'm going to buy it TBH. Nothing will ever recapture the same raw emotion from her glorious album known as Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant. "Put Me in a Movie" sends chills down my spine. No song off the upcoming release will ever give me the same feelings, I'll declare that now. It's just evident from the snippets this album, will probably do well commercially, but artistically it's not the Lana/Lizzy I love. It's someone who doesn't care anymore.

Do you still like Ride, or the beginning at least? Maybe shes selling out so she can rise her fame and go back to her old stuff, I do however think she should rerelease the AKA album instead of Paradise, but maybe change the name? I love BTD though, it will forever be a staple in my life because it saved me.

Not even going to bother saying what I think - Not a smart move when you're the minority opinion.

Just going to go to sleep and hopefully by tomorrow people stop repeating themselves about every point they make. Becoming really tiring.

It's probably just people moaning like usual, i'll give it a couple of weeks and everyone will be gushing over it. :pft:

Jeffree Star's fans did the same thing, they hated the preview of his new single and complained tons, it dropped, and they still fucking hated it. So maybe not so.

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

Let's talk about some of the lyrics..

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel, looking to get fucked hard. Like a groupie incognito posing as a real singer- God + Monsters

Elvis is the best, hell yes, honey put on that party dress like whoo hoo whoo hoo whoo hoo whooooo- American

Pretty much explains some of the fan's disappointment imo :toofloppy:

Also, who is Javi??? or Holly??? in Cola lyrics

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

No one is saying anything about you having a different opinion, feel free to share it, after all this is a Lana FAN site and even though some of us are disappointed, that shouldn't have an effect on you. If you like something, you like something. If ya don't ya don't

It's just evident from the snippets this album, will probably do well commercially, but artistically it's not the Lana/Lizzy I love. It's someone who doesn't care anymore.

I haven't listened to much of the new snippets-only American-and I'm completely fine with people's differing opinions and all, but reading this last bit really upset me. I think it's very disrespectful to Lana that you'd say she doesn't care about her music or the artistic value in it just because it didn't appeal to you. Maybe she is changing as a person, so she wrote in a different style or just wanted to experiment with sounds more on this rerelease? I don't know really, but it just makes me very sad to see you say she doesn't care because you don't like it. Personally, I think if she didn't care then she wouldn't have bothered making this EP, or having the Ride video be 10 minutes long. Idk, that actually really upset me so I'm just going to stop now.

14417469274.gif

It is impossible to judge an entire song from 10 or 20 second snippets, so I have completely refrained from doing so. You guys really shouldn't already judge an EP that hasn't came out yet though, don't want to fall prey to the expectancy effect.

I don't think "Ride" is as terrible as people are making it out to be, but I do think it could have been a wee bit better. I am waiting until I can listen to the EP for a few weeks in full before making any judgements. On a few albums a song I hated to begin with became my favorite, and songs I liked a lot became average. It takes a lot of listening to fully absorb a song, let alone an album in full. You have to listen to the flow, the progression, the lyrics.

No one should be saying it is the worst or best album yet.

sort of ~

I've only heard the snippets but wow I'm really excited about the EP. I think it's going to be great, even if it's different. I really believe any material we hear from Lana is just greater insight into her writing, thoughts and feelings. Honestly I just feel so blessed to be alive when such a beautiful and intricate person is out creating art.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

What is so frustrating is that YOU CAN'T HEAR HER. like.. the production is louder than the vocals, maybe it'll sound good in headphones but it sounds like too much when I play it on d old laptop lol like I'm playing two different songs at once. It drives me batty and it's the reason I can't listen to burning desire.