Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Guys, would you ship Lana and Kurt Cobain?

what kind of :icant:

wait a sec

theres a user named Calaestio reading this thread, which is the same username of the person on reddit who pretended to have the cd and lied

theyre not a newbie, pretty sure its the same person

?

pNjWdpc.png

wait a sec

theres a user named Calaestio reading this thread, which is the same username of the person on reddit who pretended to have the cd and lied

theyre not a newbie, pretty sure its the same person

?

They aren't a newbie but they sure are a loser

RIGHT omg ngl I actually loved all the singles, LFL and Coachella included, but I originally didn't expect to love this album as much as I do now like LFL literally may become my new fav album 

Yessss

Honestly Love and L4L had me worried this was gonna be a ~pretty~ but boring album cause I mean those songs are amazing obv but they are also just kinda... bland maybe? Especially LFL. Love has more going for it. 

THAT said in the context of the album (from the snippets) they are amazing openers cause they have that more grand cinematic sound so now it all seems like it's gonna tie together really nice. 

I think there isn't a song I'm not excited about. I wanna listen to Stevie sing in BPBP now  :defeated: (Also, judging by Lisa's TNC snippet, I think Sean's voice will fit well, y'all go and listen "Parachute")

If we talk about shipping her with dead guys, I'd say Jim Morrison would fit better.

But I'll always ship her with Alex Turner, the one person I stan as hard as Lana (oh I also stan Janis Joplin but I wouldn't ship her with Lana lol)

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

:hooker:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I don't know, possibly. I do think Kurt was a genius in his own way, I haven't really listened to Nirvana that much but I went through a phase in which I listened to In Utero like constantly and loved it, it's my favorite album from them. I watched the Cobain - Montage of Heck documentary a couple of years ago and while it was interesting it left me sort of anxious, the home video material was somewhat rugged and I wouldn't enjoy seeing Lana in those kind of conditions. But to be honest if Lana got fed up with Barrie's personal problems I don't think she would've actually enjoyed being Kurt in the long run. I don't know 

I just want like.. in the post release thread for there to be an addition to the main poll/ discussion etc. of a compilation of this threads' sins and the most iconic parts of this era beneath everything.. as a reminder

like here's some-

- the official info droughts of March & mid-late June

- the countless tracklist leaks

- marina & hers' stan crushing reunion

-CWIMM and all her unannounced, underproduced (at the time), awkward glory

-Ben Mawson dickpigging harassment 

- Love posters/ rushed released

-The 'Love' snapchat filter

- The Late Winter- Early Spring Lana livestreams, (then she stopped for months)

- "LFL is gonna be a surprise drop like Beyonce"

- The ENTIRE WEEK OF MAY 26th

- Cherry live reveal

- The bottomless snippet reveals from the first two weeks of June

- Lana & Katy together at coachella scares

- #Glittergate2k17 :creep:

- Summer Bummer/ Groupie Love duo reveal

- LfL MV Nancy Drew-case (Connections to Weeknd filming in NM with trailers, pink moon, multiple photos and links in terms of crew with Lana/Abel)

so many memories future nightmares :flutter:

Edited by Elle
do not direct people to the leak

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19