Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Off-topic, but why are we not allowed to type "ACCORDING TO ALL KNOWN LAWS OF AVIATION THERE IS NO WAY A BEE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FLY"??

Back to topic: I'd love to have a song that has a Ocean vibes, eg: you're sitting on a beach, starry sky above, bonfire, waves etc (maybe a video like that), and music to be peaceful, with her mermaid "aaaaah".. IDK lol

EDIT: Automatically changes name into that LMAO, why??

Bc for a hot minute this entire website was people just begging for someone to leak Yöür Gîrl and so Elle added the bee filter to stop people from posting about it.

because of the mess that happened pre-love.

Oh, okay.. Thanks, I guess

Bc for a hot minute this entire website was people just begging for someone to leak Yöür Gîrl and so Elle added the bee filter to stop people from posting about it.

I've got it.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I would love for LUST FOR LIFE to be like a concept album in the sense that it showcases the path of life. The album could begin with more slow and sad songs (in the style of BAR) and end with Love or some other beautiful positive track.

To show her own journey from Born to Die to now

giphy.gif

From the beginning, I was intrigued by Lanas voice, awkward performances and her strange musical choices which had very little in common with top40 pop or the alternative trends. Her uncanniness attracted me as well as her anti-popstar status: Lana is a far cry from the confident, in your face personality of most popstars. I always felt that shes the D. Lynch of pop, one of the Mulholland Drive girls, being supremely divisive in the business just as Lynch is.

So, Im a little nervous before this new album because I dont know how a more earnest and political/social lyrical content will suit her style or where is she heading musically. She can move towards a Cat Power type of vulnerability but Im not sure that her audience or the critics will accept it. I dont expect either any Beyonce or Solange type of pop social/political statements. If we analyze Lynchs work, at a superficial level it seems that there is little political or social commentary in his movies, but in masterpieces like Blue Velvet its clear that hes depicting the dark side of the American dream, the hypocrisy of the American way of life. I would be enthralled if Lana would do something like that and if she could put it in some beautiful musical form preserving her uncanniness. Love its a good song but it lacks the punchiness and the menace that I would like to hear from her so I hope that the rest of the album its different

Lust For Life - album PRE ORDER will be up on next friday, April 21.

What makes you think we'll believe in that?? :P

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Or on next next friday, April 28.

If the release date is 26 may.

Or on next next friday, April 28.

If the release date is 26 may.

Oh it's just my theory... nothing is confirmed tho, sorry for not saying that

Honeymoon's release date was sep18.

Pre order started on Aug 20.

So I think that it will be 21 or 28 April

seing as she hasn't even confirmed the release date, what if it's not even in May? Imagine if it's like July or August :horror: :icant:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

edit: does anyone know the location of the house where lana shot the cover for Born To Die?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm pretty sure the album won't be released in June because that month is full of big releases from other alternative girls and even Dua Lipa (who shares Lana's managers so they wouldn't obviously allow such thing).

Late May would be reasonable, why would she wait until July if she has already shared the album cover.

giphy.gif

edit: does anyone know the location of the house where lana shot the cover for Born To Die?

somewhere in watford, close to london. this is the house and someone actually managed to find the exact address and posted in in one of the btd related threads.

i76mrxw.png