Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I agree with this. While idc about her sales, and even if she never sold another album again I'd still be a fan, I would be very happy for her if she charted and did well in the sales area.

I loved all her albums thus far (even though I thought Honeymoon could definitely have been better, was her weakest effort, and needed to be a bit more coherent), so all the numerical stuff is whatever to me. What bothers me though is that I think every single album rollout post-Born To Die has been a mess: videos cut (West Coast), scrapped (Original Ultraviolence video, Honeymoon), or made from scraps (Freak); missed opportunities (High By The Beach could have done amazingly well on urban radio if handled properly), and albums just being completely abandoned shortly after release. Even in performances, she performs more material from Born To Die than any of her other releases. And, at this point, the excuse that she needs to rely on Born To Die-era songs is no longer true.

I don't care about her sales, but I'd appreciate it if she put more effort in. The fact we had to rely on Amazon and another website to get an album release date is pathetic. And she put up billboards and still hasn't yet given us a date. Or a tracklist.

She's squandering buzz, for no good reason. It'd be one thing if she was constantly doing other things but...that's not happening either.

Yeah, I agree. It sucks because I try not to be disappointed but ever since UV I have felt a little like i wish she had the same focus. I'm hoping she does that with this album, but so far she has missed opportunities that she really should have taken. This isn't necessarily from a charting/sales perspective, but from a vibe/cohesion/era perspective. I usually view the whole era as the piece of art, not just the music, so while she produces beautiful music there is still something lacking sometimes in her ability to tell a cohesive story, which she used to do really well

I think something will happen tomorrow or Friday, like the track list or maybe pre order. I hope so because I'm feeling so depressed and anxious lately, new Lana would really help even just temporarily. I hope my magazine reaches California in a timely manner

LIZARD PEOPLE

In the Dazed interview, Lana is gonna talk about how dancing around in her room to The Beatles and filming herself on 8mm inspired songs on this album, but she won't give us song titles. The only tracks we will get actual names for are, Love, Lust For Life, and the cover song for this album. Bookmark me! :trisha:

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

In the Dazed interview, Lana is gonna talk about how dancing around in her room to The Beatles and filming herself on 8mm inspired songs on this album, but she won't give us song titles. The only tracks we will get actual names for are, Love, Lust For Life, and the cover song for this album. Bookmark me! :trisha:

lmaoooooo

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

I think it's going to be a surprise drop, which is why the release dates randomly popping up keep getting taken down

didn't she say "it's not gonna be a surprise" a few months ago though. 

i76mrxw.png 

does anyone know if there's an instrumental to video games without ANY vocals? because i have a decent version but there's vocals saying "now you do now you do" and it's really annoying, does anyone have a legit version of the real song with ZERO vocals? If so send me a link, i'd really appriciate it <3 :)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

didn't she say "it's not gonna be a surprise" a few months ago though.

I'm pretty sure she said that as in it won't be without no promo as she said that 'we'll know when it's coming' or something, and now we do. I don't think she ruled out a surprise release date drop (like randomly one night or announces it like a few days before release) just that it's not gonna come out of nowhere eg not knowing any title/album art before it drops

giphy.gif

This is the longest interview in Dazed magazine. It's not possible that she will not say anything about the new album. Only if she's crazy :crossed: 

It's Lana who we are talking about :crossed:

???, ?????????

I think tomorrow we will get something even If It's something small.

There's also a possibility for Paris Match featuring her this week. The next issue is out on the same day as Dazed.