Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

At least for me, the problem is not that she is doing pop - that's what she did on BtD and I LOVED that record to bits. The problem is the way it is executed. I feel like it's just so hectic and generic, it's not really sticking out of the usual top 10 radio charts mush that you hear everywhere right now. It's forgetable and I can't detect the Lana  Del Rey-touch that is usually applied to everything she does - if it wasn't for her voice on it. The track could have been done by pretty much any pop gurl that is featured on a Chainsmokers EDM single.

I won't lie, I was listening to it last night again and I was thinking 'wow..I think even fucking Selena Gomez could sing this" and that's worrying cause that girl can't sing for shit so...

I just wish Lana used her vocal ability more because unlike some other modern pop artists, she can sing.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I don't even think the sound of the song is the issue (at least for me) but that awful chorus kills the song. The chorus is just hm level boring, OTTRA, DMD and other bops cannot relate. If you wanna do a bop don't make the chorus the worst part of the song.

We can thank Max Martin for that. :) I also think that the chorus is the weakest part but the song still is pretty good.

tbh i don't even know where  the fuck is the chorus someone help me

"take off your clothes" part is the pre-chorus. "Our lust for life" is the chorus.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

We can thank Max Martin for that. :) I also think that the chorus is the weakest part but the song still is pretty good.

Not really though. First of all the song has been rewritten multiple times after Max heard it and second Lana is a musician that has creative control over her music.

People are blaming Rick for Honeymoon and literally anything but he also peoduced fan favourites as Yur Grl

i76mrxw.png 

Honestly I'm just disappointed that the title track has a feature. Idk how I feel about that - it's the first feature in her discography and she makes it the title track of her album? Idk

FzytWEW.png

I also came across this earlier ... http://picosong.com/iFVX/ 

Some are saying that it's an intro.. Honestly doubt it's real but I can most definitely see the sound of this era going in this direction.. 

Like a twisted beautiful very dark sound.. (hopeful infused with crazy beats down the line)... Ugh this is such a cool concept for sound..

It reminds me of a twisted fairy tale and I love it so much, can't stop playing it.. I hope the new stuff sounds like this! 

Btw fuck NeiLQ Kurg. I feel like everything he does with Lana is the same and very bland at this point... 

ok i like this but i'm p sure it ain't real, still really cool

Lana's website has been updated btw

HAHAH I love how the weeknd's face is covered by the logo

giphy.gif

I see two problems with the LFL type of pop songs: she needs to promote them (these songs will breathe as much as the hype exists) and she needs to find a way quickly to perform them live (without the Weeknd). I cannot envision her upcoming performances without LFL

Regarding the lyrics: as inconsistent as they are I like LFL more than Love's preachy style. I'm more concerned about the consistency of the album tbh because Love and LFL are miles away from each other

Paris Match Magazine puts out a new issue every Wednesday, I'm praying Lana's issue is coming out on the 12th.

every Thursday* actually! I'm hoping for next week (april 27th). i'll snatch myself like 5 copies and sell them on ebay for a good price 

giphy.gif