Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

BTD is still charting for 272 weeks now. And is currently one of the longest charting album of all time.

281 – Michael Jackson – Thriller

Michael isnt safe. 9 more weeks.

3o85xxNMkF5Pv1f2Fi.gif

Like im glad but who the fuck is buying it still 5 years later?

anyone knows if lana will be on the met gala ? 

I doubt it, I don't think she really goes to those kind of events very often. This ones focus is mainly on fashion, where as Lana seems to go to only big award shows when she's nominated, like - The Brits etc

qsVmBMd.png

I't is so tiring to hear arguments like she's not interested in her sales. BS! She cried when fans told her that WC is smashing. She bragged about her being on the radio. Her promo game is a mess because she's afraid to perform live outside her tours and her team, with Lana's "contribution" of course, fucked up her relationship with the press and now she's avoiding any real publicity.

She will never happen in the US unfortunately because she still has a negative image in the GP after SNL which was reinforced by the negative publicity she garnered during the UV era: I wish I was dead, I don't want the RS interview, I don't want my music to be heard, I fucked my way to the top - in short she managed to create a second PR disaster after the autencity drama and SNL fiasco at the begining oft BTD era. She had a much better image in Europe but she's not interested to make it there and she played dust for years to major markets like the UK, Germany and France (she managed to anger her fans there with that grotesque cancelation of her Virgin Radio show). People in general are not obsessed with her like we are, they just moved on.

She's not on the radio in the US because her team isn’t doing anything to put her songs on air but an another factor is that she and her music is not liked that much by the DJs in the US. In UK she was played on the radio and people tried to make her happen again this era but simply there is no more demand for her music as it was in the BTD or even in the UV era. And this is, unfortunately, her new reality: after being one of the biggest streaming artist in the world (at least on Spotify) she is showing tragic numbers for a while now. She has lost completley her commercial potential because she vanished from the mainstream media for more than 4 years, she downplayed her crossover appeal and her style icon status and she forced an alternative route but she simply doesn't have the lyrical consistency to achive that (Love is good - LFL is a dud).

Her problems this era started with the announcement of LFL, which in my opinion, is an awful choice for a title because she copied one of the greatest albums of Iggy Pop's career who is arguably an icon in music. I wonder why she didn't tweaked the title Lust for Love? Critics will not forgive her for this, especially after the lyrical content of the LFL title track which is a vapid cliché fest. Secondly I'm baffled at the hodgepodge of ideas that she's flouting around this era and I'm still not convinced that she's genuinly in a happy place, everything seems forced this era like the grin on her cover. But I would not care about any of this if she would serve some good live performances again of her new songs that I could enjoy.

With BTD and UV she managed to put out albums with 3-4 great tracks with great replay value which not happenned with HM and it's not happening yet with LFL

I don't think the negative PR hurt her very much.

I think the Iggy Pop reference is there (especially in the album art), but just not that important to the meaning of the song.

There are two references to suicide in it (Peg has been discussed much, the Vincent Van Gogh reference, see Lust for Life by Irving Stone, has not been discussed). And on top of that there is this reference to the end of this poem. 

It seems closer to rap given the spoken, beat-poetry part of the song, although the singing in the song is undeniable.

People at Lanaboards alerted to me to all these cultural references (an important reason I hang around here). The poem reference is, I think, the most important magpie-esque reference in the song. I'd categorize it as heroic pessimism, which is a rather bleak view of no higher powers taking an interest in us (e.g., no life after death), and yet the human spirit is unconquerable (invictus).

So if there are people doing stuff like LFL in pop right now, I don't know who they are, although Imagine Dragons has also apparently paraphrased Invictus recently (see the cultural references for the poem).

yeah its on wiki put in Portuguese ,  spanish or  another european language and it will give to you this 

2012 Born to Die

2 1 1 3 3 2 1 1 1

2014 Ultraviolence

1 1 3 1 3 1 2 1 2

2015 Honeymoon

• Lançamento: 18 de setembro de 2015
  • Gravadora(s): Interscope, Polydor
  • Formato(s): CD, LP, download digital

2 1 4 3 2 5 1 2 3

• 23px-Newworldmap.png: 1,000,000

im not lying for example in the english wiki page says that honeymoon sold 600k but then says as a January 2016 

for other artist the only that matters is the first year but lana really keeps selling after that btd sold 200k last year for example 

NVM: I misread your post. Still, HM did between 700-800k. It was nowhere near a million.

Well to be fair, what else is there to talk about, since our sis Lizzy doesn't give us any news?

IDK

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Wait Honeymoon was gold in France? I don't know why but that's hilarious  :rip: There must be like three people still listening to it regularly, including my father. Proud of France's sales for BTD and UV tho, she really could use her Paris flat more and come sing here more often :(

ZKcaooE.png

NVM: I misread your post. Still, HM did between 700-800k. It was nowhere near a million.

We have to remember these sales figure we know of Lana doesn't include SPS.

These pop girls inflating their sales with that stream shit.

Can't wait the Dalai first fully sps era with Lust For Life.

She's coming

3o85xxNMkF5Pv1f2Fi.gif

guys do you think the album is actually out on the 26th? I mean lana hasn't even confirmed it yet. I would've thought if it were the real date she would've said something by now surely. What if it's later? :icant:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e