Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

To the person who was complaining about the drum machine instead of real drums, more than half of born to die (album not the song) was drum machine and everyone praised that sound, now that she's going in that direction again y'all are complaining... like... I don't understand

it's the sample choice that bothers me. it's just a plain, ugly 808 snare. https://clyp.it/4bj2kgnh

it's such a cliche sample choice and doesn't fit with the rest of the song

i used to be casady  :teehee: 

This is below quality for Lana. This one lacks that magic. Lacks that Lana touch. It would have worked better as an interlude or an acoustic track. It is very obvious she did this one very quickly. The production is cheap. Mixing is terrible. She must have really wanted it on the album and hence we got a rushed product. 

I am gonna say 'no' to this one and keep my hopes that the rest of the album will be great. This is an exception. 

Honestly it sounds like someone used one of those special effect pianos to produce this song.

THE ACCURACY

Hopefully this is the worst we're going to get from this album because if not idk

usually lana puts out the best songs from the albums as singles and idk... if this is one of the best we are in for one hell of a mess

i used to be casady  :teehee: 

Not going to lie, this might just be the worst song in her entire released discography. Somebody pinch me, this must be a dream. Lana would never put such a messy track on her album  :toofunny:

"Critics can be so mean sometimes"

between this and lust for life (which I adore), I can see the critics absolutely destroying her this era :air:

an hour ago I wanted the album out asap, now I'm fine with her pushing it back to sort it out

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

The song is cool. When the chorus came in, I was kinda disappointed because is the one from that Instagram video. I still like it. I know there are better songs in LFL.

But the production is weird

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

To the person who was complaining about the drum machine instead of real drums, more than half of born to die (album not the song) was drum machine and everyone praised that sound, now that she's going in that direction again y'all are complaining... like... I don't understand

Girl you could of just quoted me. 1. I meant mixed with the rest of the instrumental, I think it would of sounded better to have live drums 2. BTD is my least favourite album by Lanz i've never wanted her to go back to that sound. 3. drum machines can be good obv, just here it doesn't sound good

No shade tho  :P