Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

LMAO not @ y'all using Joannot as an example of good sales.  the album did terribly even after hundreds of performances, promo all around the world, Superbowl, payola etc.

It took her forever to make Million Nones even chart and stayed in the top10 1 week lmao. After all the promo she did the whole era still tanked. Poor Fad released a song that sounds like a Chainshit track and still flopping

tumblr_n6ssmbGTjs1sy4wkto1_400.gif

giphy.gif

LMAO not @ y'all using Joannot as an example of good sales.  the album did terribly even after hundreds of performances, promo all around the world, Superbowl, payola etc.

It took her forever to make Million Nones even chart and stayed in the top10 1 week lmao. After all the promo she did the whole era still tanked. Poor Fad released a song that sounds like a Chainshit track and still flopping

g.p seem to get over lady gaga (I've never been a fan so I don't know why)

I hope this isn't lana's time :P 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

million reasons still went platinum  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

I'm getting really frustrated with the lyrics on this album so far. Part of what made Lana's songwriting so fantastic was that many of her lyrics and songs were mysterious and subtle and put together in a way that was almost impressionistic. Bel Air, Old money, or Salvatore is a good example of this - she evokes feelings with a beautiful string of words that somehow works to get across the emotions and feelings, but its mysterious at the same time. But when you are trying to convey a specific message as she said she is on this album, you can't do that. You need to be clear and blunt to get the message across. So I think that is why her lyrics are suffering on this album lately. She isn't trying to capture and convey complex emotions or fleeting feelings, but rather say "you should be happy" or "hope that war doesn't break out". What she is trying to do just doesn't lend itself to good songwriting honestly, and it's a shame because she is *such a gifted writer*. It's one of the main reasons I stan her. I really hope there is more to this album than anti-war and happiness songs, but what I'm seeing so far is really disappointing to me in lyric terms. As flawed as honeymoon was, she at least didn't let me down much in that department.

giphy.gif

I think t's sweet she released this song, probably as something to hold us over until the album is released? 

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

The song has grown on me so much, now listing to in better quality with better speakers and all- it's beautiful, the lyrics stand with her amongst some of her best- sonically it's beautiful but that's a given with her.

I'm loving this era. Is so optimist, everything that I needed to pass trhough the dark moments of my life. Stop saying bullshit on this site. You know Lana can read all of these shitty commentaries and get really upset. 'Love' is a masterpiece of optimism and Revolution. I LOVE THIS ALBUM.

Btw who da fuck is lady gaga

I'm loving this era. Is so optimist, everything that I needed to pass trhough the dark moments of my life. Stop saying bullshit on this site. You know Lana can read all of these shitty commentaries and get really upset. 'Love' is a masterpiece of optimism and Revolution. I LOVE THIS ALBUM.

love is one of her best..It's so simple but the message is pure and it's an anthem of optimism 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

the face of the gay community, a revolutionary pop, country, jazz, opera, rock, AND broadway singer.

An award winning actress who is currently writing all the music for, and acting in the remake of Barbara Streisand's "A Star Is Born"

she'll be in the rock & roll hall of fame, trust me.

legends only.

love is one of her best..It's so simple but the message is pure and it's an anthem of optimism

Yeah and everyone here is like "her worst album", "this is not Lana" oh shut up and just let the things happen. They used to say that Honeymoon was her worst album too, and I really think this made Lana very very upset after its release. So now, when she's trying to give us something different, why not to buy the idea?

LOL @ this kid saying that we're all trashing everything lana is doing. the last like 30 pages have been abt how we didnt like CWIMM but then admitted it grew on us, nowhere has anyone on this forum even said that Love and BAR were terrible, "not lana" "a flop".. i mean we've pretty much PRAISED everything she's been doing besides delayed the album constantly