Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Why is everyone so against this? It's not even that much longer to wait. I'd rather have an era that stretched out over six months than Honeymoon's two months from tip to tail.

Almost two months is a pretty long time for an album that was supposed to be out in the Spring, and for an album that had "Coming Soon" billboards put up, and for an album that had its very first single come out in February. But, it does explain the fact that the album trailer and the album theme don't even match.

tumblr_nv8w85vq4d1ql5yr7o1_r1_400.gif

I stand by it.

giphy.gif

That's such a nasty thing to wish on her. You are flat out childish if you want this album to be leaked just because it's not coming next week.

You make it sound like I wished for her puppy to die or something. Jeez.

Also, I hope you've never listened to anything of hers that has leaked. Ever. Especially if it was intended for an album. Because that high horse you're wouldn't nearly be as nice.

giphy.gif

Almost two months is a pretty long time for an album that was supposed to be out in the Spring, and for an album that had "Coming Soon" billboards put up, and for an album that had its very first single come out in February. But, it does explain the fact that the album trailer and the album theme don't even match.

Two months is literally nothing in industry time. Films get listed as "Coming Soon" when they're not even going to be out for 18 or 20 more months. You are used to eras that are way too short because of how Honeymoon and Ultraviolence were so sped up. This era is going at a good speed. You're being ridiculous.

what the fuck why the hell would she release the lead single in february, put up billboards and say that the album is coming soon when it's coming in July :rip: I swear if she delayed the album so that she could add that awful Coachella song to the tracklist I will track her down and hit her.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Two months is literally nothing in industry time. Films get listed as "Coming Soon" when they're not even going to be out for 18 or 20 more months. You are used to eras that are way too short because of how Honeymoon and Ultraviolence were so sped up. This era is going at a good speed. You're being ridiculous.

An album is not a film, so I don't know why you're even attempting to compare the two.

It's also more than just about the speed. I'm used to eras that were, you know, managed decently well. Not an era where a single featuring a multiplatinum selling popular artist doesn't even get pushed beyond the day of its premier.

giphy.gif

I'd be okay with the wait if this era wasn't a complete disaster (granted, it's not entirely Lana's fault, but a disaster nonetheless)

giphy.gif

An album is not a film, so I don't know why you're even attempting to compare the two.

It's also more than just about the speed. I'm used to eras that were, you know, managed decently well. Not an era where a single featuring a multiplatinum selling popular artist doesn't even get pushed beyond the day of its premier.

An album is a project that gets millions of dollars of industry money poured into it and takes as much as multiple years to produce properly. Yes, the two are comparable.

That's not her fault and it's not her management's fault. Radio is in its death throes and live performances only give a temporary boost. There is no point in spending money to promote music beyond what she is doing, for an artist in her position.