Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Yup, constructive criticism. :agree:

I know! I think that's why I can't wait to hear Change, it's sounds dark af. :creepna:

Yeah I want this box set to blow me away. I'm not sure what else I want included, but something that hasn't been done before. :flutter:

i also wanna hear if any of the songs described previously in interviews still have the same feeling,

like if GBA don't sound new york street fire escapes and horns anthemic im gonna be disappointing and just wait for the demo leak

if Get Free don't sound like how Yosemite was described im gonna be sad overall

if World at War ain't "really fucking dark" "doesnt lead to a happy feeling" ill be extra sad,

and ik that it was probably changed as Lana herself said in V mag she's started to rewrite lyrics so as not to add any negativity that we already have from the current times, and then described WaW in the Rockubles (idk how to spell) with a more positive attitude, so im afraid she actually morphed the song and i wanted to hear some depressing pessimistic give-up-now style shit  :deadbanana:

also i just had a thought, what if Yosemite was a non-mentioned lyrical title like Terrance Loves You or Cruel World, and she only named it that after having gone to the park and felt the same way the song gave vibes to; and then changed it to lyrics from the song but to her its still Yosemite.. like if Cruel World became Young Wild Free or somethin like that :hdu:

The UK was involved in slavery during the colonial time in Africa, and they justified slavery by calling Africans monkeys because they were subhumans to them.

And you‘re trying to say that “monkey“ is a “non black insult“ in the UK?

Jeez, disgusting ignorance.

Wow so you're coming for me now? Clearly you enjoy the drama. :pls:

As someone who actually lives in the UK, we use 'monkey' as a light hearted insult. Example: If a guy is doing a dance and they fuck up, then one of their friends will say "you're such a monkey". Also we use "muppet", "twat" etc.

From personal experience, I've never heard anyone in the UK use the word 'monkey' as a racial term.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i also wanna hear if any of the songs described previously in interviews still have the same feeling,

like if GBA don't sound new york street fire escapes and horns anthemic im gonna be disappointing and just wait for the demo leak

if Get Free don't sound like how Yosemite was described im gonna be sad overall

if World at War ain't "really fucking dark" "doesnt lead to a happy feeling" ill be extra sad,

and ik that it was probably changed as Lana herself said in V mag she's started to rewrite lyrics so as not to add any negativity that we already have from the current times, and then described WaW in the Rockubles (idk how to spell) with a more positive attitude, so im afraid she actually morphed the song and i wanted to hear some depressing pessimistic give-up-now style shit  :deadbanana:

also i just had a thought, what if Yosemite was a non-mentioned lyrical title like Terrance Loves You or Cruel World, and she only named it that after having gone to the park and felt the same way the song gave vibes to; and then changed it to lyrics from the song but to her its still Yosemite.. like if Cruel World became Young Wild Free or somethin like that :hdu:

Oo that's a good observation about Yosemite. Maybe it is non-mentioned. Maybe "get free" could be the most frequently used word in the chorus so her label used it as an alternative title?

'Monkey' is a horrible racist insult. No counter-arguments. End. Can we please talk about LfL now? <3 God bless

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2906208/partizan-belgrade-star-everton-luiz-leaves-pitch-in-tears-after-being-racially-abused-in-1-0-win-against-rad/

I believe that monkey is a racist insult, but context should also be taken into account. If people grow up their whole lives thinking that it's just an insult for anyone regardless of race then they obviously don't have racist intentions. Things are different in different places. You're right though about us needing to drop this and talk about what we're actually here for. :creep:

Oo that's a good observation about Yosemite. Maybe it is non-mentioned. Maybe "get free" could be the most frequently used word in the chorus so her label used it as an alternative title?

isn't some lyrics of the chorus 'we did it for fun we did it for free'? 

shit i think i might be onto somethin ladies

isn't some lyrics of the chorus 'we did it for fun we did it for free'? 

shit i think i might be onto somethin ladies

Gorl I'm gonna bookmark you lol

that would be the worst case scenario cause then we would never know that was yosemite and everyone would be freaking out and thirsting for it to leak when we already had it

that would be the worst case scenario cause then we would never know that was yosemite and everyone would be freaking out and thirsting for it to leak when we already had it

this is true as hell oh boy 

or at least wed know if any songs on the album were stripped one take songs like yosemite apparently is 

tumblr_nemeig8REb1qeyt9yo1_500.gif

I can't speak for everyone else, but my problem with the song is the lyrics rather than the production. The lyrics to the song are easily some of her worst. :rip:

Agreed. Every time I try to give it a chance I just find myself cringing throughout the whole thing

not really, we already have some lines from Yosemite as well as what vibe it gives off; if it has any of those then we can know that that was Yosemite

Can ya'll stop being dramatic. We're all descendant from monkeys anyway, i believe it's called evolution.  :creep:

(btw i'm not deffending that racist person, i think it was very wrong what they said... so don't come for me)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

she's performing at lollapalooza with the weeknd if they perform LFL together i'll die. i'll die.

also random question but has Lana ever performed Wait for Life live? i listened to it again today and fell in love all over again!! (i know it's technically Emile's song but he's not doing anything with it soooo)

tumblr_n7a4cdzBFk1r65oxko1_500.gif

Everyone here is exaggerating, y'all need to chill and listen to Honeymoon.

I live in Miami where a big percent of the population is black. I'm always joking with my african-american friends and calling them "monkeys"

I can say that Playboi Carti looks like a monkey just like I can say that G-Eazy is a cocaine addict or that Lana's voice causes depression.

It's called being sarcastic.

What's the problem? 

I live in Miami where a big percent of the population is black. I'm always joking with my african-american friends and calling them "monkeys"

I can say that Playboi Carti looks like a monkey just like I can say that G-Eazy is a cocaine addict or that Lana's voice causes depression.

What's the problem? 

no

What's the problem?

That comparison makes no sense. It's not sarcasm. It's a slur.