Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I think it was crucial for me to accept that Lust for Life will definitly be Lanas weakest album compared to the rest of her official discography. I just had to get used to the fact that it generally will not have the same magic her prior records had  and that there will be mediocre tracks or some that I actually really don't like. Songs like Cherry and White Mustang prove that there WILL be career-highlights but apart form those songs, everything else she released from L4L so far is artistic decay. But after I accepted that and stopped comparing it to BtD, Paradise, UV and HM, I could actually start to enjoy some tracks for what they are instead of being disappointed.

Summer Bummer is a fun song. It's messy and sounds stitched together - like some fanmade mashup - but it's still fun. The production is underwhelming - imagine how great the song would be if the beat would actually hit hard. But yeah, it's fun.

Groupie Love is cute, her vocals are nice. Nothing super exciting about this track but it's ok. Could have done without the rap-bridge but .. .yeah. It's nice.

I would have preferred getting the studio version of Cherry over both the tracks, but they are entertaining. So yeah, I'm not disappointed but it did not really suprise me in a way Cherry did.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

carol-rooney-mara-cry-gif.gif

i know you guys probably already went off about yosemite but i just got back and read the 30 pages..

y'all i was so hyped for that shit i mentioned it in p much every comment talking about the tracks it was in my top 3 most anticipated i feel ruined

fuck a lust for life lana you just made me suicidal u goddess cunt

GL and SB are incredible, i want to get high to both and i want to fuck to both songs but goddamnit yosemite bitch why :rip: 

she wasn't even fucking BORN yet and already dead fuck architecture fuck roses fuck every song on the goddamn album i'd give it all away if she gave me one day with yosemite 

im in RUINS

1baz27.jpg

i need a support group 

I think it was crucial for me to accept that Lust for Life will definitly be Lanas weakest album compared to the rest of her official discography. I just had to get used to the fact that it generally will not have the same magic her prior records had  and that there will be mediocre tracks or some that I actually really don't like. Songs like Cherry and White Mustang prove that there WILL be career-highlights but apart form those songs, everything else she released from L4L so far is artistic decay. But after I accepted that and stopped comparing it to BtD, Paradise, UV and HM, I could actually start to enjoy some tracks for what they are instead of being disappointed.

Summer Bummer is a fun song. It's messy and sounds stitched together - like some fanmade mashup - but it's still fun. The production is underwhelming - imagine how great the song would be if the beat would actually hit hard. But yeah, it's fun.

Groupie Love is cute, her vocals are nice. Nothing super exciting about this track but it's ok. Could have done without the rap-bridge but .. .yeah. It's nice.

I would have preferred getting the studio version of Cherry over both the tracks, but they are entertaining. So yeah, I'm not disappointed but it did not really suprise me in a way Cherry did.

honestly same. I almost lost a lot of hope today, but then I remember there's still a Stevie collab coming our way :flutter:

same

carol-rooney-mara-cry-gif.gif

i know you guys probably already went off about yosemite but i just got back and read the 30 pages..

y'all i was so hyped for that shit i mentioned it in p much every comment talking about the tracks it was in my top 3 most anticipated i feel ruined

fuck a lust for life lana you just made me suicidal u goddess cunt

GL and SB are incredible, i want to get high to both and i want to fuck to both songs but goddamnit yosemite bitch why :rip:

she wasn't even fucking BORN yet and already dead fuck architecture fuck roses fuck every song on the goddamn album i'd give it all away if she gave me one day with yosemite 

im in RUINS

1baz27.jpg

i need a support group 

yeah, you do

I think comparing the albums is a bad trap to get into... It's shaping up to be pretty incredible if you look at it as a work of art on its own. I do dislike the inclusion of features, though, and yes, some of this production is surprisingly not great. But her voice and how she's using it in this album versus others is really amazing. 

honestly same. I almost lost a lot of hope today, but then I remember there's still a Stevie collab coming our way :flutter:

That's not something I'm very excited about. I see that she's just not very good with collaborations. All the three collabs from LFL have been meh. She's better off singing autobiographical songs - solo. If that song turns out to be about healing the masses like they were talking in the interview then I'm done

Just noticed on iTunes that Cherry, In My Feelings, When The World Was At War, and Heroin are marked explicit (as well as Summer Bummer and Groupie Love which)... I'm so excited! I'm happy WTWWAWWKD is explicit, I'm so here for that since she called it dark!! And I'm really wondering about Heroin, it'll obviously reference drugs but I wonder how and what it will be about exactly? Or how it will sound?

I can't remember anything about Cherry being explicit though? But I haven't listened since the two times she performed it live so maybe I've forgotten something?

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

yeah, you do

let me b sad damn