Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

You guys. Ok I’m absolutely baked at the bbeach on this scorching hot day listening to the new songs. So I’m boppin along to SB but then Spotify goes and does that magical little crossfade and it fades into groupie love. Honestly you guy im crying This is the best.  What an ether real experience. Honestly I don’t know now if I’m alive rn :diva:

This is prob the most ideal way to hear those two tracks. Lana would be happy if she read this.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

when you don't have a funny caption to go with this temporary meme but still want to join in on the fun even though it won't make you any less depressed about y******* being aborted 0gZNDjC.png

I have a confession. I'm not saying I don't like it, but Groupie Love ended up sounding so underwhelming. I ended up liking Summer Bummer more. Just had to get that off my chest.

Sis Sumemer Bummber is amazing and Groupie Love sounds too generic for me I feel

sgopYhV.gif

I don't think L4L was meant to be COMPLETELY sarcastic. She literally said a couple of months ago she thought she achieved that Yosemite-happy-place but now she realized she hasn't achieved that kind of inner peace and happiness yet. And I guess her thinking she was finally happybymarina.mp3 made her name the album L4L. Especially that shitty interview with Stevie did not make it look like she meant anything ironically. It was all like "we need to make happy music, so we don't make the people more sad" :toofunny: 

Groupie Love is GREAT Like I knew it would be Lana came and snatched wigs. Summer Bummer isn't as bad as I thought it would be. But it's not better than GL. Asap's verse was great though. Lana could have came better on the song. She made it boring.

I have a confession. I'm not saying I don't like it, but Groupie Love ended up sounding so underwhelming. I ended up liking Summer Bummer more. Just had to get that off my chest.

giphy.gif

Someone called Lana a bitch (like in a serious way) in the comments of her new tracklist facebook post because of her announcing it so late. Lmao, I'm so dead. Some people are so pathetic.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Cherry is literally about falling to pieces (''I fall to pieces when I'm with you, I fall to pieces'') so how can Cherry be a song where's she's happy

imo there's still some lines where she's not devastated, but much more watching her man deteriorate; like im SB she goes on abt how her babe is being a mood killer, its summer; in Cherry she's witnessing someone so reckless and gets involved with it to the point in ruins. In My Feelings could be hella reflective about her current state, leading into the political driven songs and the culmination of the love life being stressful + the horrors of the world leads into the depressing and empty ending of the record, in the beginning she has a full blown LUST for life, now its like "well whats the fucking point" 

even she herself said at the beginning its a more positive record, then she removed Yosemite for being too happy and her not being fully there yet; the album direction has changed with her mood and the tracklist and cover could easily reflect that. 

y'all can say this will be her most underwhelming work yet but the depth potential of the album could easily be her biggest irl concept album to date

tenor.gif