Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Idk how i feel. But one thing for sure....IN NY FEELINGS SNATCHED ME. Like ngl i was doubting it, but YESSS. Come thru. My only complaint is i wish she had just ONE more 60s girl group type song with lush instruments and lfl background vocals.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

for those who dont want to spoil themselves

13 Beaches: a very moody monologue intro, very grim and lonely sounding? like lana has yearned and finally gotten what she wanted, kind of a sonic representation of the lyric from Old Money "but still inside i felt alone for reasons unknown to me". some minimalist piano too

In My Feelings: FUUUCK lots of falsettos but an interesting chatty pace, but still kinda operatic. very urban and some cute background vocals. high energy and actually amazing

GBA: kinda anxiety inducing in the snippet (IN A GOOD WAY), drawn out before the chorus. the chorus is someone underwhelming from what's in the snippet. not much to say on the instrumental

WTWWAW: OK THE LYRICS SEEMED GARBAGE until i heard them sung and wow.....queen came the fuck through. faster paced but i wouldnt say on the same level at IMF

BPBP: it's got the iconic UV mic vocals, but i think stevie will carry the song

TNC: FOLKY MAGICAL GOODNESS. her voice is very sweet here. not may jailer folky though....a modern twist

Heroin: ok easily some of her best lyrics ever and it's just a verse. very atmospheric and kinda futuristic

Change: WE'VE HEARD THIS but i had to mention that the final product sounds somewhat UV to me. seething with bitter taste in a sexy way

Get Free: the song imma have on repeat for the next year. dreamy backing vocals but not sleepy. it's a driving on the highway kinda song

Thank you so much for this. I love you.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

No.

Summer Bummer and Groupie Love exist, and Architecture and Yosemite aren't on the album.

That automatically makes it less good than UV.

Groupie Love is amazing. Summer Bummer is fun. We will get Architecture and Yosemite sometime in the future (if it really was Lana's favorite).  In LFL, Cherry, WM, GBA, WTWWAW, BPBP, TNC, IMF and Get Free exist.

In Ultraviolence Guns and Roses and The Other Woman Exist so... yeah.

Anyway, all opinions are different and personally I think I will enjoy LFL more than UV (plus I've been listening to UV for 3 years now, time for new music  :creep: )

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Shut the fuck up lmao. We have 12 other tracks to listen to. God y'all are so pessimistic

You shouldn't listen to those negative fans, they suck the life and positivity out of us.  :creep:

groupie love is a bop and these snippets are better than any drug

I just need Cherry, Heroin, and WWWAWWKD. They might make up for Groupie Love and Summer Bummer.

giphy.gif

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAY THE FUCK "SR" is

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Would y'all say you're more into these snippets than you were when her past albums began to leak?

Songs I'm most excited to hear:

1. Tomorrow Never Came

2. In My Feelings

3. Get Free

4. Change

5. White Mustang

6. God Bless America

7. Beautiful People

8. Heroin

9. When The World Was At War

10. 13 Beaches

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Groupie Love is amazing. Summer Bummer is fun. We will get Architecture and Yosemite sometime in the future (if it really was Lana's favorite).  In LFL, Cherry, WM, GBA, WTWWAW, BPBP, TNC, IMF and Get Free exist.

In Ultraviolence Guns and Roses and The Other Woman Exist so... yeah.

Anyway, all opinions are different and personally I think I will enjoy LFL more than UV (plus I've been listening to UV for 3 years now, time for new music  :creep: )

I'll give you points of Guns and Roses, that was kind of a mess.

Here's how I'm ranking her albums thus far tho:

1. UV

2. Paradise

3. LFL

4. BTD

5. AKA

6. HM

Top 3 ain't bad tbh.

giphy.gif