Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

So how can we help lana be able to get the #1 spot for her album? I dont want it to go to tyler, meek, or any other loser

Most of the pirated album download links or youtube audio will be blocked by her record label. But thousands of people illegally download the album on the day of it's release from some torrent client. If were could only find a way to bring it down.

Now all the Marina haters can choke

In what context are you saying this? Did something happen?

Leaks often help an artist sell more because people who would usually not bother with the album have time to listen before deciding to buy and it creates hype

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

CatchTheBreeze sent me this interview, I'm not good with translation so please tell me if something doesn't make sense/ sounds off and I'll change it. I think there is some pretty interesting information on Change.

Btw Lana is mentioned on the frontpage of the german local newspaper "Neue Westfälische" (Bielefeld) and there's an interview with her inside – get that promo, Lana! I don't recognize the interview (it's by a guy called Steffen Rüth) so I don't lnow if it's really a completely new one... If anyone's interested I can post the (german) text. Unfortunately it can't be found online.

"I've got more fun in life now"

5 years ago shooting star Lana Del Rey amazed and enchanted the world of music with her debut album. On July 21 her fourth record will be released. Which's title is program.

I: Mrs Del Rey, your debut record five years ago was called "Born To Die", the new one is called "Lust For Life". Are these album titles documenting where you were standing in your life during the respective time?

LDR: Yes, I've developed in a quite good way, considering my overall feeling of happiness.I am still on the way and growth and chaos will keep me company through my life. But nonetheless I can clearly feel the change. I've got more fun in life than years ago.

I: Is your new song "Change" about this transformation?

LDR: Exactly. "Change" is the last song I wrote for this album. The four words I sing during the chorus are basically saying everything: honest, able, beautiful and stable. That's how I want to be. My whole life is defined by this quest, the quest to belong somewhere, to be part of something. I progressed a lot on this path.

I: How do you know that?

LDR: Because of my behaviour. And the way I deal with people.I've become a lot more relaxed and open-minded. I'msurely more self-assured aswell. In the beginning, I was very afraid, I did not know what people expected from me.I was under heavy surveillance, I lived under a cover everyone wanted to peak under.

I: Why?

LDR: The people were a lot more wary of me than with a lot of other artists. "Video Games", my first single, was very polarizing. I still don't really know why though. Because of that, I had the feeling that I was present in the world of music, but not really a part of it for a long time. By now I'm not afraid to approach people. It's no coincidence I invited a lot of other musicians to be on my new record.

I: Like Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks, who's joining you on "Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems"

LDR: Stevie is a friend of my producer Rick Nowels. She's so great, I'd call her a friend by now. Stevie's been doing music for 50 years now, she#s been around in the 70s, she's seen everything. One could be jealous. The Eagles, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - this whole sound of that time, I love it to death. Since I ive in L.A., I've been looking for other artists - other people - who feel the same.

I: Did you already got to know a lot of 60s- and 70s-pop fans?

LDR: The funny thing is, I've built a fantastic circle of friends in L.A, who all share this passion. Father John Misty and his wife Emma Tillman belong to those friends. Or Miles Kane and Alex Turner, the two boys from The Last Shadow Puppets. We're some sort of small folk-community. We spread this Laurel-Canyon-vibe I like a lot.

I: Sean Lennon's on the record aswell, participating on the track "Tomorrow Never Came". How did that happen?

LDR: I'm talking about my ideal relationship on that song. The song is one of the few on this album that's now about me. I use John Lennon and Yoko Ono as an example. I imagine the two of them, sitting on a bank in Central Park intimately, this couple prompts romantic feelings for me. So it immediatly suggested itself to ask Sean, since I also really like his music. And he immediatly told me he'd be there.

I: When was the last time you danced on the "H" of the Hollywood sign in Los Angeles , naked, like you discribe it in the duet "Lust For Life" with Abel Tesfaye alias The Weeknd?

LDR: (laughs) Never, that's pretty high! You can't just reach it with a ladder. But there are some pretty cool cafés and the Beachwood Canyon, which has some beautiful, hidden corners.

I: Your voice and The Weeknd's voice go together perfectly by the way.

LDR: Thanks. Our chemistry's right. Abel was one of the first to post the clip for "Video Games" in 2011. I've contacted him and we became friends.

I: a few weeks ago, you've revealed you put a witch-curse on Donald Trump. Did it work?

LDR: (laughs) I don't know. Everything we see of him now is the same as it was during the voting campaigns. He's actually continuing to be the same. Because of that, I'm afraid the curse hasn't worked yet. I'd really wish for a peaceful, chill time, that's what I talk about on the track "Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind" for example. Where did it go, the golden hippie-age? Instead there are threatening scenarios and Trump keeps on adding fuel to the fire. He said some things, women should be afraid of. I just hope nothing bad happens within the next three-and-a-half years.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Coachella,summer bummer and love are the best songs off this album let's be honest

Coachella not, I used to hate her before, but not anymore tbh. However, I would change Coachella to Cherry or GL

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

CatchTheBreeze sent me this interview, I'm not good with translation so please tell me if something doesn't make sense/ sounds off and I'll change it. I think there is some pretty interesting information on Change.

"I've got more fun in life now"

5 years ago shooting star Lana Del Rey amazed and enchanted the world of music with her debut album. On July 21 her fourth record will be released. Which's title is program.

I: Mrs Del Rey, your debut record five years ago was called "Born To Die", the new one is called "Lust For Life". Are these album titles documenting where you were standing in your life during the respective time?

LDR: Yes, I've developed in a quite good way, considering my overall feeling of happiness.I am still on the way and growth and chaos will keep me company through my life. But nonetheless I can clearly feel the change. I've got more fun in life than years ago.

LDR: Exactly. "Change" is the last song I wrote for this album. The four words I sing during the chorus are basically saying everything: honest, able, beautiful and stable. That's how I want to be. My whole life is defined by this quest, the quest to belong somewhere, to be part of something. I progressed a lot on this path.

I: How do you know that?

LDR: Because of my behaviour. And the way I deal with people.I've become a lot more relaxed and open-minded. I'msurely more self-assured aswell. In the beginning, I was very afraid, I did not know what people expected from me.I was under heavy surveillance, I lived under a cover everyone wanted to peak under.

I: Why?

LDR: The people were a lot more wary of me than with a lot of other artists. "Video Games", my first single, was very polarizing. I still don't really know why though. Because of that, I had the feeling that I was present in the world of music, but not really a part of it for a long time. By now I'm not afraid to approach people. It's no coincidence I invited a lot of other musicians to be on my new record.

I: Like Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks, who's joining you on "Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems"

LDR: Stevie is a friend of my producer Rick Nowels. She's so great, I'd call her a friend by now. Stevie's been doing music for 50 years now, she#s been around in the 70s, she's seen everything. One could be jealous. The Eagles, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - this whole sound of that time, I love it to death. Since I ive in L.A., I've been looking for other artists - other people - who feel the same.

I: Did you already got to know a lot of 60s- and 70s-pop fans?

LDR: The funny thing is, I've built a fantastic circle of friends in L.A, who all share this passion. Father John Misty and his wife Emma Tillman belong to those friends. Or Miles Kane and Alex Turner, the two boys from The Last Shadow Puppets. We're some sort of small folk-community. We spread this Laurel-Canyon-vibe I like a lot.

I: Sean Lennon's on the record aswell, participating on the track "Tomorrow Never Came". How did that happen?

LDR: I'm talking about my ideal relationship on that song. The song is one of the few on this album that's now about me. I use John Lennon and Yoko Ono as an example. I imagine the two of them, sitting on a bank in Central Park intimately, this couple prompts romantic feelings for me. So it immediatly suggested itself to ask Sean, since I also really like his music. And he immediatly told me he'd be there.

I: When was the last time you danced on the "H" of the Hollywood sign in Los Angeles , naked, like you discribe it in the duet "Lust For Life" with Abel Tesfaye alias The Weeknd?

LDR: (laughs) Never, that's pretty high! You can't just reach it with a ladder. But there are some pretty cool cafés and the Beachwood Canyon, which has some beautiful, hidden corners.

I: Your voice and The Weeknd's voice go together perfectly by the way.

LDR: Thanks. Our chemistry's right. Abel was one of the first to post the clip for "Video Games" in 2011. I've contacted him and we became friends.

I: a few weeks ago, you've revealed you put a witch-curse on Donald Trump. Did it work?

LDR: (laughs) I don't know. Everything we see of him now is the same as it was during the voting campaigns. He's actually continuing to be the same. Because of that, I'm afraid the curse hasn't worked yet. I'd really wish for a peaceful, chill time, that's what I talk about on the track "Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind" for example. Where did it go, the golden hippie-age? Instead there are threatening scenarios and Trump keeps on adding fuel to the fire. He said some things, women should be afraid of. I just hope nothing bad happens within the next three-and-a-half years.

How did they manage to get an interview with Lana? This is actually hilarious to me

What are the four words in german?

I AM MY ONLY GOD

It's the first interview where she is so open about her views on Donald Trump, although it's not a lot. I remember when everybody used to think Lana voted for Trump because she's 'believes in the country America used to be'. Lol

@CatchTheBreeze & @ElectricBody thank you!