Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I dont get why fucking gas stations and trucks!!

Comeback to Lana del Ray aesthetic? Queen of Gas Station?

OK ACTUALLY this reminded me that a while ago I thought, since she said that this album was for the fans, what if she (finally) re-released AKA alongside LFL  :creep:

obvs not happening but let a gay dream  :toofunny:

So how can we help lana be able to get the #1 spot for her album? I dont want it to go to tyler, meek, or any other loser

well tyler's album has already leaked so if lust for life doesn't leak, hopefully it can sell more.

I know her album shoots are never the greatest but I really don't understand the semi truck thing. It's just not cute

Otherwise I love the flowers and for some reason I like the warpy gas station....someone should make a QOTGS cover

LIZARD PEOPLE

I know her album shoots are never the greatest but I really don't understand the semi truck thing. It's just not cute

Otherwise I love the flowers and for some reason I like the warpy gas station....someone should make a QOTGS cover

Agreed!! I love the flowers, and the gas station photo feels SO AKA! I love it! 

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

The gas station featured in the album booklet is Jack Colker's Union 76 if anyone was wondering- it is known for its space age design which fits with the retrofuturism theme Lana has been expressing interest in. I also love that it's situated on a place called Crescent Drive. It ties everything together. 

Am i the only one who likes the pictures and the aesthetic of the booklet?

The pictures are pretty and the booklet's alright. The framing is a bit too much but I believe that's just the digital booklet design, since the physical booklet will most likely have spreads looking like these and the cropping and framing of the pictures will most definitely be different in the photo book as well since they're gonna have to fit the different measures. So it's an okay booklet, I've seen much worse...  :P

I agree with those who are saying they can appreciate Coachella more now. When we first heard it back in May, many of us saw all the negative feedback given by others that our opinion of it was tainted even before we could listen to it ourselves. It's crazy how powerfully influenced we are by our peers, even when it comes to liking or disliking Lana's music.

When I first heard it, I thought it wa sweet and the lyrics weren't so bad, but I didn't like the production because it does sound rushed and undone, especially compared to Love. I expressed my thoughts on Twitter before I had read any other opinions on the song and I wasn't a member here yet... And my thoughts about the song are still the same: not that bad but it could've been better (the instrumentals).

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png