Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I dont know about the other 10 tracks because they're all pretty good, but I know these stand out to me the most. Not saying theyre the best or my fav, but they stand out.

1. Get Free

2. Change

3. Heroin

4. Beautiful People

5. GBA

6. TNC

Explain it to me :rip:

The whole theme of 13 beaches is isolation in fame, she speaks on how it toook her 13 beaches to find one that didnt have paparazzi, thats why she says shes "camera ready all the time" bc she has people constantly photographing her, IN the prechorus she talks about how easily she could just give up fame and just let those memories exist only in her mind, in the chorus she talks about how it hurts to love what she does {being a famous musician} she goes on to sing about the price she has to pay for doing what she loves and that constant invasion of her privacy is killing her and "shes dying". in the second prechorus she talks about how if people respect her privacy they can meet her"But you can still find me if you ask nicely, Underneath the pines with the daisies, Feeling hazy in the ballroom of my mind" in relation to her reference to peaches...i think its just something lana adds to contribute to her overall aesthetic 

I listened to BPBP on the train today and I almost started to cry. Actually this whole album makes me emotional and I usually just enjoy sad lana songs, they don't like make me sad. But reading that interview with pitchfork and hearing the album in its entirety it's like she was trying to be happy and it's never going to work for her. 

1. BPBP

2. 13 Beaches (which I thought I was gonna hate)

3. In My Feelings

4. Tomorrow Never Came

5. Get Free (would be higher but I hate the background screaming at the end)

6. Heroin

7. White Mustang

8. Summer Bummer

9. Groupie Love

10. Change

11. Love

12. Coachella

13. God Bless America

14. Lust for Life

15. When the World Was at War we Just Kept Dancing

i think this album beat Ultraviolence. I'm confident saying this. I think it's almost darker than Ultraviolence in a sense that it's not just personal anymore, shes talking about the demise of America, the price for fame. She's desperately trying to be happy and optimistic on this, but theres a tone that it really isnt. 

1st LFL

2nd Ultraviolence

3rd Paradise

4th BTD

5th Honeymoon

after three or four times of listening to the whole thing, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

Cherry

Tomorrow Never Came

Groupie Love

When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

Summer Bummer

Heroin

Love

13 Beaches

Get Free

God Bless America

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

Change

Lust For Life

White Mustang

In My Feelings

Coachella

If Love hadn't been released 1000 yrs ago it probably would be my #1, such a masterpiece and truly one of the best in her entire discography  :legend: an ANTHEM!! anyone who disagrees obviously doesn't get all dressed up to go nowhere in particular  :biblio:  :biblio:  :biblio:

giphy.gif

man I can't wait to do my full album listen through on Friday and give my insights to each song and the order they in

Yosemite still going at #1 though, after reading the interview and seeing her raw emotions Yosemite is truly more idealistic and realistic, it's ok we aint there yet but I'm gonna strive and live for it every day until i can take it in

fuck TNC better be otherwordly

i think BAR / Yosemite was a slightly different concept than LFL

like Black Beautys' untouchable 5.

I think she didnt want to put out songs for Barrie/Francesco. You can see the only one there are probably about they is White Mustang and a little bit of 13 Beaches.

I loved the entire record, it's so beautifully done. Lana never disappoint us, so proud of her and she work/effor she put on this.

My ranking:

Get Free

When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women on It

Tomorrow Never Came

Cherry

Change

Groupie Love

Summer Bummer

Lust For Life

Love

White Mustang

Heroin

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

13 Beaches

Coachella

In My Feelings

original.gif

I went to urban outfitters and they don't even have the vinyl in their system, pretty sure it'd be in their system if they were getting it on Friday ): so I guess all of the vinyls are coming in September not just the ones on her store