Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

i would agree that there's a certain disconnect between what is seemingly two bodies of work laced together - the happier songs and the more melancholy

i think it's good for an album to have variety but that's a very fine like to walk without being all over the place

i guess we won't know how the album flows til the 21st but

I actually think it flows real well, Love the track, just makes me feel lonely for the track itself. I can easily suss out the tracks that are politically charged, the social commentary, and then the lustful tracks too, it just begins with more of "to be young, and in loveeee" to Get Free. 

I just hope the record ends more on a hopeful tone similar to the way it began. We'll see 

UV/Honeymoon

20067592_1805642326127684_1816750832_n.j

where does aka, paradise, and sirens fit in this

Alright, who the hell thought In My Feelings would be the track I'm so excited for?!? OMG that song sounds amazing.

I think the drastic change from the faster, harder beats section (first 8 tracks) to the more politically charged and guitar driven section (tracks 9-16) almost feels deliberate. I would definitely say the record is divided (I think intentionally), but not disconnected. There is a difference.

I wonder if it's going to have a Japanese bonus track, a remix if anything lol. Honeymoon didn't have one so maybe not.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Wait why does the Cherry preview sound like it's been recorded off another iPhone at the verses?

lol nevermind

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Omg y'all were right that In My Feelings snippet is AMAZING!!! I never would've expected this from her. It's so powerful and sexy.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

my mom texted me about LfL and thought it was taylor swift, kill me

I did not expect this sound from WORLD AT WAR at all! It's really cool and folksy. Not as dark as Lana made it sound and honestly it's giving me major Cruel World teas at the chorus.

if this post gets 40 likes I'll do a cover of Summer Bummer but only Carti's part

I can't even believe I did this like I came home from the lab and this is what I did with my afternoon 

Voice is mine and real don't question me

Also, thank you to @so legit for the lana solo. I didn't want to have to compete with other rappers, although we all know that I'd win 

My favorites from the snippets on first listen are:

In My Feelings

Get Free

When The World Was At War

13 Beaches

GBA

In My Feelings will be the OTTR of LFL. It's upbeat, exciting, and more experimental melodically. The flow is the most exciting rhythm we've heard since BTD. It sounds radio friendly actually.

Get Free will be a massive grower, which means it may become her new magnum opus.

WTWWAWWKD sounds cool. I like the lyrics here more than any of the others I've heard and the chorus sounds like Cruel World which I love. I don't understand why her vocals were described as being super high soprano? It must happen at a different part of the song.

13 Beaches sounds super cool and sexy. Dark sexy. I'm glad I'm not getting HBTB teas from it. I bet this song will become one of my favorites off the record. The intro is super cool. Lana's never done something like that and it seems edgy and exciting and totally makes sense at the beginning of the record.

GBA is beautiful. I know it'll be huge. The chorus sounds like it's going to be anthemic, with a very simple, classic melody that is easy to remember and will be referenced a lot during the 4th of July for years to come. Seems like a homage to the original hymn, "God Bless America" but with more modern understanding and an edgier lyric and production in the verses.

I can't even believe I did this like I came home from the lab and this is what I did with my afternoon 

Voice is mine and real don't question me

Also, thank you to @so legit for the lana solo. I didn't want to have to compete with other rappers, although we all know that I'd win 

if theres one user on here i love the most its you 

Coachella was great when it was released and the album version will be even better.

what if she comes out with "Lust For Life: Best American Record Edition"

We all know she'll never speak of these tracks again