Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Can someone like edit the drum machine beat out of Coachella bc I feel like that's the reason the production seems so cheap

The lyrics are honestly nice, but put over that distracting ugly drumroll they seem like nothing

Basically ALL the snippets got me excited. Heroin sounds really beautiful, so does WM (but we already knew that) I have so much faith

initially, i was super underwhelmed and even turned off by the singles that she released for l4l...

but these snippets just restored my faith in lana and this album

i LOVE the sounds she created; it reminds me of honeymoon, but more folksy. i don't know what happened to the girls' group shangri-las sound. i got a little taste of it in the intro to lust for life (song) w/ the doo-wops and the harmony was def cute i'd like to see that continued.

i don't see the album as being particularly politically charged thus far, but i haven't heard the whole record obviously. it seems like lana's dreamy take on issues of past generations and her yearning to belong to another time period. reminiscing on a time she didn't experience but wishes she had.

I actually like the single choices she chose, and I know it's too soon to truly say, but that's my opinion right now. 

I do think that Love was gonna be more indicative of what the record was going to sound like, and dare I say this, but the track actually sort of brings a kind of disconnect, being more of a happy song than the rest of the snippets we've heard so far. 

I want to be proven wrong somehow though, but seeing as to how Yosemite, considered a happy track, isn't on the record, I want to know more of what Lana's Lust for Life truly is. 

Guess the other gays who wanted somber Lana got more of their wish. 

UV/Honeymoon

I actually like the single choices she chose, and I know it's too soon to truly say, but that's my opinion right now. 

I do think that Love was gonna be more indicative of what the record was going to sound like, and dare I say this, but the track actually sort of brings a kind of disconnect, being more of a happy song than the rest of the snippets we've heard so far. 

I want to be proven wrong somehow though, but seeing as to how Yosemite, considered a happy track, isn't on the record, I want to know more of what Lana's Lust for Life truly is. 

Guess the other gays who wanted somber Lana got more of their wish. 

i would agree that there's a certain disconnect between what is seemingly two bodies of work laced together - the happier songs and the more melancholy

i think it's good for an album to have variety but that's a very fine like to walk without being all over the place

i guess we won't know how the album flows til the 21st but

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP ASKING ABOUT BONUS TRACKS MY GOD SHE SAID THERE IS NONE WE HAVE THE TRACKLIST MY GOD THATS IT WE LITERALLY HAVE ALL THE INFO NOW FUCKING SHUT UP FUCK

sry

go awf hunnyy