Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Of course she was happy about the BTD sales and it's logical that she was bragging about them. It was when she started gaining attention,and selling 3m copies isn't even close to flop.

I think either she really stopped caring about sales and just said "I'm gonna make music because I want to and idc about anything else" or she got disappointed and doesn't give a fuck anymore. Or maybe both.She was starting her career then and everything seemed unreal,but now she's like a bit more down-to-earth about the industry?Idk

k0AnwZF.gif

Of course she was happy about the BTD sales and it's logical that she was bragging about them. It was when she started gaining attention,and selling 3m copies isn't even close to flop.

I think either she really stopped caring about sales and just said "I'm gonna make music because I want to and idc about anything else" or she got disappointed and doesn't give a fuck anymore. Or maybe both.She was starting her career then and everything seemed unreal,but now she's like a bit more down-to-earth about the industry?Idk

Yeah i think that's it. Right after BTD she mustve had the realisation that her LIFE comes first, before sales, before popularity. That's why she changed drastically from striving for attention to down to earth about everything. 

Reading the Dazed quotes I chuckled.......

I remember just a few years ago she would always bring Born To Die sales..."it sold like 3 million copies"

Now "I don care about sales"

Only a flop would say that lol. It's true tho. She gave up which is sad to see.

I challenge you to make posts that don't include the word "flop" or any references to sales.

I don't think you could possibly do it.

giphy.gif

I challenge you to make posts that don't include the word "flop" or any references to sales.

I don't think you could possibly do it.

I challenge you not to try quoting these type of posts while trying to say that you are not upset about her floppage or that you don't care about the charts and sales. If you aren't, you wouldn't be always so fast quoting those who bring up sales.

Thanks and have a nice day!

And lmao about that one post above that said that Honeymoon gave her new listeners. Some of you are so clueless :lmao:

Reading the Dazed quotes I chuckled.......

I remember just a few years ago she would always bring Born To Die sales..."it sold like 3 million copies"

Now "I don care about sales"

Only a flop would say that lol. It's true tho. She gave up which is sad to see.

What the fuck does this mean lmao. She's still proud when her songs/albums do well (she tweeted About the HM sales and when Love was supposed to be top 40 in the U.K.) but it has never been everything for her.

Even in the BTD era. Do you think if she only wanted to sell she would've released Paradise ? A slow ep ? If she was only interested in sales she would've released another uptempo hip hop influenced album similar to BTD

Sometimes your comments really don't make any sense

If Mariah says she doesn't care about winning awards or platinum certifications anymore it means she's over it ?

giphy.gif

lana is earning  a lot off followers on insta she gain 23 k yesterday and 20k before yesterday  

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

This chart obsession with some of you is... not cute. Like of course I want her to be successful, I want her to do TV performances and sell as much albums/singles as she can and expose her talent and music to a bigger audience. And I would feel proud seeing her at the top of the charts. 

But it's clear by now that it's not what she is aiming for. She will of course be happy and so will we when she gets some success but either way she's happy with her situation, Interscope/Polydor/managers seem happy with her and so I am happy and don't care how much she charts. 

If I badly want her to promo, it's not because I want her to sell some more albums/singles (although that would be a really nice effect), it would mainly be because I would get new content as a fan (TV performances, festivals, interviews on radio/mag etc.) 

As long as she does intriguing videos and beautiful music that make you feel something different and not

something like "Oh I want to shake my ass" (nothing against it but mainstream music is talking only about body parts lately and it's like a biology class but a lot more sexual). And I like how Lana sings about love as the form of peace and not the casual cliché way. There are thousands of songs about love but Lana's stands out cause of the meaning and the music video. I think that with this album she will attract more fans no matter how old she is.

So pretentious. Lol.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1